• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

Maple Leafs 2 @ Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Scary third, but they pulled it out. Howard needs to play strong like that from here on out. Great game by Goose, and hopefully Alfie is back.

Howie with a well deserved third star. Nyquist first star. Leaf's Gardiner got second.

Wow, we lucked out there. Loved their hustle and heart but stop the sloppy passing and boneheaded plays in your own zone, guys.

I didn't realize we had 2 games in hand on so many teams. As long as we don't lose a bunch and we win next game against Toronto, playoffs are in reach.

Gotta get some bodies back, though.

this game reminds me of Game 6 in '08 vs. the Pens

exact same scoring sequence

2-0, then 2-1, then 3-1, then finished 3-2

complete with both Wings' goalies making big saves at the end

now if only our defense corps could also remind me of the one we had in '08....

The nerves are still on the fritz. I mean, I'm at a point where I've reconciled that there may be an upside to missing the playoffs in terms of giving Dats and Z more time to recover without pushing through pain and possibly having setbacks. A higher draft pick would be nice. I can wrap my head around the positives of it all. But damn, the drive to make it isn't something you can just turn off, and it feels good to win a game like that.

And it felt great erupting with joy for Alfie's goal. Proved to be huge, and hopefully he can build off it. He still looks a bit gassed from the Olympics, but it's just good to get a cold streak out of the way. It's too bad we're not healthier, because with a quick rest, I think Alfie could come back a lot stronger. Anyone who thinks he's not still a valuable asset is just off the mark. There might be better options in the off-season, but there might not be, and we're lucky to have him this year.

Obviously huge two points. It might have been lights out with a loss.

Gus and Jimmy with great performances. Lots of mistakes and sloppy defensively, but somewhat expected given the players out there.

Hopefully E is OK. That third period was ugly without him. It's basically Kronwall and DeKeyser plus four mistakes on defense.