• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

Maple Leafs 2 @ Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

And while we may not have had a great 3rd period, but bear in mind, we've had a lot of bad 3rd periods and we typically end up losing or heading to a shootout to lose. We pulled it off tonight. Ugly as it may be, we found a way to win. That's a positive worth acknowledging despite the issues. They obviously have to improve, but they didn't quit and scored a couple goals to ensure that we didn't lose or head to OT.

Honestly, the masochist in me in kinda starting to like this whole we-don't-actually-have-any-NHL-players-left-but-we're-still-winning-games things. And Ericsson really hasn't been all that great lately. Maybe Ouellet gets a look?

Gutsy effort, hard work will get you a long way's even with this hybrid AHL/NHL lineup we are icing. If we make the playoffs and get healthy we will be the scariest 8 seed ever.

Honestly, the masochist in me in kinda starting to like this whole we-don't-actually-have-any-NHL-players-left-but-we're-still-winning-games things. And Ericsson really hasn't been all that great lately. Maybe Ouellet gets a look?

Seems these days anyone with 3 working limbs and blood in their veins will get a look :scared:

Yet in a week he'll have a down game and after that everyone will call for his head again b4 going silent when he finds himself the game after

Possibly. I might be one of them ha, but I wouldn't stop my criticism of the aspects of his game that need critiquing.

I did try to make it as clear as I possibly could when I bumped the Howard thread that it wasn't because of a single game or instance or even a small sample of games. I was only looking at his rankings compared to everyone else for the whole season (and in March you should have a pretty good sample size to go off of!)

If he plays well then I'll give him credit, if not then I'll criticize him.

If he improves his game after being criticized, it doesn't mean that the criticism was undeserved at the time it was given.

And of course vice versa If his play degrades after giving him props for playing well, it doesn't mean that he didn't deserve the praise at the time.

nah we still got enough dmen unfortunately. i think sproul is next on the list though

Broken finger for E

im thinking he had a broken finger since the return from olympic break

Absurd. Truly, absurd. Can't blame the trainers on that either. When was the last game we didn't lose someone to injury?

Six consecutive games now with an injury. Absolutely nuts on top of what they were already missing. It has been non-stop since the lockout ended.

Gutsy effort, hard work will get you a long way's even with this hybrid AHL/NHL lineup we are icing. If we make the playoffs and get healthy we will be the scariest 8 seed ever.

Seems these days anyone with 3 working limbs and blood in their veins will get a look :scared:

The kings were probably the scariest 8 seed ever.

I guess but jeez, I feel like all these guys are bring babied when it comes to the little injuries.

These princesses need to suck it up and get back out there. Don't they understand we are endanager of missing the playoffs and breaking the streak???????

Ok I'm done ranting!

Edited by Hockeymom1960

I'm really kinda getting tired of everyone blowing up when Howard has a good game, and I'm talking more on the media and coaching front. I don't think it's doing him any favors. He's struggled to have a consistent stretch the entire season and every time he has a good game, people make a big deal out of it and hope for the turnaround. Then he ends up struggling again a game or two later and people make a bigger deal about that. It's not like flipping a switch where having a good game is going to make a consistency problem better, and sometimes the way he responds to it all makes it seem like he almost thinks it is, and then when it isn't, he's just right back to the opposite extreme.

I know it's never going to happen, but I just wish we could leave the guy alone for a few weeks and not focus too much on the ups and downs. Right now his biggest problem is performing consistently, and dwelling as little as possible on the ups and downs might help his mental approach to it all. I don't know if it's possible to ban him from doing media, but I'd love to see that go down. No need to have the media poking and prodding someone struggling when they already have a bit of a polarized personality.

Bottom line, Jimmy Howard needs to get his head clear and find some balance. He's more than capable of being a much, much better goalie than he's been this year. He's not a technically perfect goalie, but not many are and I really don't think the weaker technical areas are ultimately what has caused him to struggle with consistency. I'm really more convinced at this point that it boils down to his mental game, and if he's going to improve in that area, he's got to get better about not getting too caught up on good and bad games and find a way to stay level.

Edited by gcom007

This might be a blessing in disguise for Big Rig. He, Alfie and Kronwall were brutally overused during the olympics, and it has shown since they have ended. Alfie and Kronwall seem to be coming around, but if it just ends up being a couple weeks and the team can hang in there, It would be nice to have a rested E

Good game but as usual no win can be 100% enjoyable. Ericsson out is another huge blow to this team.

Thought Ferraro looked okay other than the one bad puck loss. Nyquist is a boss. Howard had a good game.

And again, we suck in 3rd periods.