• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

% chance of making the playoffs

Rate this topic

If Philly and Pittsburgh (ugh) win tonight, that will bump the Wings back into the 50% territory.

And so they did! 51.4% now, tomorrows game will be absolutely huge for us.

Edited by Ekmanc

I was a third grader when the Blackhawks broomed us 4-0 (each game was 4-2) in 1970. Didn't sniff the playoffs again until 1978. If you would have told me in 1979... when we sucked again...that 35 years later we'd be in the midst of a playoff streak that can legally walk into a bar and order a shot of hard liquor, I would have thought you were nuts

I was...11 when the playoff streak started?

I feel old. I remember going to games with my dad when they were just coming out of the Dead Things era. So exciting! Breaks my heart that the Joe will be gone when I start thinking about stuff like that. I still go to games with my dad every December when I come home. Hard to think of that being somewhere else. :(

Why am I not surprised someone who believes in Don Cherry used are instead of our? just having fun I am not a grammar nazi

The Wings have better make the playoffs. I have had them eliminated twice in my mind now and they keep bringing me back. I would be crushed if they missed out now.

Why am I not surprised someone who believes in Don Cherry used are instead of our? just having fun I am not a grammar nazi

The Wings have better make the playoffs. I have had them eliminated twice in my mind now and they keep bringing me back. I would be crushed if they missed out now.

Should have said, the wings had better.. not have better.. Lol :P

Sportsclubstats numbers are odd at times.

According to the site the Leafs enter tomorrow nights game vs Calgary with a 4.6% chance to make the playoffs.

Should the lose in regulation those odds drop by 3.6% leaving them a 1% chance.

Should Columbus also win that would drop the Leafs chances by 1% leaving them at 0 despite not being officially eliminated.

Even worse, should Washington win their game tomorrow the Leafs odds drop another .5% leaving them with negative odds to make the dance, with a Philadelphia win dropping them further by .1 %.

So if things go perfectly against them they will have a -.6% chance of making the playoffs despite being only 4 pts back with 5 games to play. I don't disagree that the Leafs odds are ridiculously long but those numbers seem out of whack.

Edited by FlashyG

That's nothing.. I remember when there were no trapezoids behind the nets!

:P

I was playing some puck with these polar bears once back in 1885, next thing I know, boom.

Bears are all hopped up on cocaine, drinkin sod-y, and wearin scarves.

True story.

Also.

do we have a magic number yet?

I was playing some puck with these polar bears once back in 1885, next thing I know, boom.

True story.

Also.

6. If we win 6 of our last 7 we're in no matter what anyone else does.

True story.

Also.

11 points (or 6 wins as noted above) Best the Caps can do is 95 points and we have the tiebreak.

Unless we pull a Toronto I don't see us not making the playoffs

I don't think so either, but 6 is that magical win number that if we hit everyone else can win out and we're in. Well 5 and an ot loss would do it too. With Boston saying they're gonna rest some key guys before the playoffs I think the only game I've written off as a loss is the St Louis game. So yeah I agree, we're going to make the playoffs. Incredible.