• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

% chance of making the playoffs

Rate this topic

aren't our chances 100% now? ;)

There's still a chance that we get bumped and Pittsburg gets a first round bye. It's called the "Crosby Exemption" and can be enacted by a call from Sidney to Gary on a special pink princess phone in Mario's basement. The exemption would cause Columbus to play the Bruins and the Wings to be instantly eliminated from contention.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by FireCaptain

There's still a chance that we get bumped and Pittsburg gets a first round bye. It's called the "Crosby Exemption" and can be enacted by a call from Sidney to Gary on a special pink princess phone in Mario's basement. The exemption would cause Columbus to play the Bruins and the Wings to be instantly eliminated from contention.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Is that what he used for game 7 2009?

Is that what he used for game 7 2009?

Was that the game with the forty second uncalled too many men on the ice? If so, no. That's called the Fluery Fairness Doctrine.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by FireCaptain

Dang.. I wanted much funny joke time.

I believe that was game 3

Then it would be like a Western vs. Western SCFinals since both of these teams came from the West this year..

/tinfoil

/riggedNHL

#browns

Hey. What if the Red Wings and Blue Jackets square off in the ECF? Does the universe implode?

Detroit Red Wings Playoff Chances

Did not play, playoff odds up 0.06 to 93%
95 points 41 25-13
Gained over half a point while idle.
Tonight's game is HUGE. Can add 4.5 - 4.8% with a win, but can LOSE anywhere from 2 - 12% with a loss.
Also, as much as you may hate it - the team needs you to root for a Penguins REGULATION win tonight over the Sens.
LET'S GO WINGS!!
Edited by FireCaptain

Rooting for the Pens tonight is not mandatory. While it may be the best course of action in terms of securing the playoffs for the Wings....there's a chance that the Pens could be on the outside looking in if they get overtaken by Ottawa. So....interesting dilemma in cheering decisions.

Rooting for the Pens tonight is not mandatory. While it may be the best course of action in terms of securing the playoffs for the Wings....there's a chance that the Pens could be on the outside looking in if they get overtaken by Ottawa. So....interesting dilemma in cheering decisions.

Just hope it's not a 3 point game and hope the Wings can get out of their coma and get two points.

Detroit Red Wings Playoff Chances

Did not play, playoff odds up 0.06 to 93%
95 points 41 25-13
Gained over half a point while idle.
Tonight's game is HUGE. Can add 4.5 - 4.8% with a win, but can LOSE anywhere from 2 - 12% with a loss.
Also, as much as you may hate it - the team needs your to root for a Penguins REGULATION win tonight over the Sens.
LET'S GO WINGS!!

The perfect result tonight would be a Detroit win and an Ottawa regulation loss. This would clinch all playoff spots in the east, meaning we would be in. Pittsburgh has been slumping lately (as bad as detroit) so Wings just need to take care of their game, let us fans worry about the other one.

Edit: maybe not boston... they can lose and fall out of playoff contention if they like.

Edited by SDavis35

Boston isn't a lock either. They have won their last 5 games BUT Chara is out tonight and they play the Lightning and Washington. the only reason they are ahead of us as the 3 Rd seed is because they won the series against us in the regular season.

I'm really torn here.... I don't know if I'd rather see Boston fall out of playoffs, or Pittsburgh :P

Ok, obviously I just want the wings to make it. I like their chances.. but these last three games need to be good. Need to build up a little momentum heading into the post season.

I may be in the minority here but I'm going for Ottawa to beat Pittsburgh in regulation tonight, as long as we can pull of a big win ourselves. Bottom line is, we hold our own fate, and as long as we can pull of two big W's in the remaining 3 games, we're in (and I'm confident we can do that). F*** Pittsburgh, I'd much rather see Ottawa get in over them. Go Sens!

Ugh, looks like Abby, Cole or Pav won't be in tonight.... Gut Check time...AGAIN!

I'd honestly LOVE to see PIT not make it, but damn, I want OTT to lose tonight so it helps us clinch.

So Detroit win tonight Regulation or OT...OTT regulation loss (PIT regulation win) means we're in.

IF, that happens and (including tonight) the last three games for ALL teams end up like this:

Detroit - 2-1 99pts

Boston - 1-2 97pts

Ottawa 2-1 97pts

Pit - 1-2 97pts

Pit OUT? Detroit 3rd?

Boston has Washington, Florida, Tampa (predict 1-2) 97 pts.

Ottawa has PIT, Rangers, Flyers (predict 1-2) 95 pts

PIT has Ottawa, Islanders, Sabres (predict (2-1) 99 pts

Detroit has CAR, MTL, CAR (predict 2-1) 99 pts

So, that still puts DET in 3rd, with OTT missing, PIT 7th, Bos 8th...at this point I will take any combo of us 1-2 and Ott 2-1 honestly! Both 97 points, but us with the tie break!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Just a quick look over to the West:

I'd love to see LA miss the playoffs after winning the Cup last season, and I would love to see Winnipeg stay in. That city deserves it! But, honestly, more LA missing, I would be in Heaven if Minny and the twins dropped out of the playoffs. Yes, I do hold a grudge! They play Chicago, Nashville and St. Louis, could very well lose all three! LA plays EDM, CAL and SJS, could win all of those! Even if that happened, Winnipeg would have to go 2-1 to keep Minny out though, they have STL, COL, CGY..could be a tough road for them to stay in.