• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#121 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:40 AM

That's nothing.. I remember when there were no trapezoids behind the nets!

:P

I was playing some puck with these polar bears once back in 1885, next thing I know, boom.
Bears are all hopped up on cocaine, drinkin sod-y, and wearin scarves.

True story.
Also.
do we have a magic number yet?

#122 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

I was playing some puck with these polar bears once back in 1885, next thing I know, boom.

True story.
Also.

6. If we win 6 of our last 7 we're in no matter what anyone else does.

#123 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

True story.
Also.

11 points (or 6 wins as noted above) Best the Caps can do is 95 points and we have the tiebreak. 

#124 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:34 AM

6. If we win 6 of our last 7 we're in no matter what anyone else does.

Unless we pull a Toronto I don't see us not making the playoffs

#125 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Unless we pull a Toronto I don't see us not making the playoffs

I don't think so either, but 6 is that magical win number that if we hit everyone else can win out and we're in. Well 5 and an ot loss would do it too. With Boston saying they're gonna rest some key guys before the playoffs I think the only game I've written off as a loss is the St Louis game. So yeah I agree, we're going to make the playoffs. Incredible.

#126 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

The Buffalo and Carolina games are my concern. Losing either of those could be catastrophic. You'd have to think those teams would love the chance to contribute to ending the streak. Wings gotta be on their toes and play complete games.

#127 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

Realistically I think we've gotta be shooting for 92 points to get in. With 7 games left, and the way they've been playing receecntly, combined with their remaining games against the Stars, Devils, Blues, Hawks and Lightning, I'm not sure the Caps will even get to 92. Does anyone else see them getting 5+ wins out of their remaining schedule? I don't think I do.

Personally I just hope we can finish this week with winning 2 out of 3. Maybe then I could relax a little.

Edited by wings4thecup06, 01 April 2014 - 11:03 AM.

temp 1

#128 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Washington can win out and earn 93 points.
Toronto, New Jersey, and Ottawa can win out and each earn 92 points. Toronto would have the most regulation wins of those three with 42, Ottawa would have 39 and New Jersey would have 38.
Carolina can end the season with as much as 89 points, the Islanders can earn 84. Everyone else is mathematically eliminated.
Presently the Wings are at 84 points with seven games (14 potential points) remaining. If Washington wins out they will have 40 regulation/OT wins, which means that 4 regulation wins and a single OT loss from the Red Wings won't cut it to guarantee a spot just yet, because the Capitals would still have the upper hand due to more regulation/OT wins. So as of midnight on April 2 it looks like the magic number is 10 points, in any combination of Wings victories or points that Washington leaves on the table.

#129 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

Toronto, New Jersey, and Ottawa can win out and each earn 92 points. Toronto would have the most regulation wins of those three with 42, Ottawa would have 39 and New Jersey would have 38.
Carolina can end the season with as much as 89 points, the Islanders can earn 84. Everyone else is mathematically eliminated.
Presently the Wings are at 84 points with seven games (14 potential points) remaining. If Washington wins out they will have 40 regulation/OT wins, which means that 4 regulation wins and a single OT loss from the Red Wings won't cut it to guarantee a spot just yet, because the Capitals would still have the upper hand due to more regulation/OT wins. So as of midnight on April 2 it looks like the magic number is 10 points, in any combination of Wings victories or points that Washington leaves on the table.

nope still 9 points any way you slice it, if washington wins out, all we need is 2 more regulation  wins and 9 points, that would bring us to 93 points, with 32 row, vs. the caps 93 points with 31 row(if they winn ALL their remaining games in reg/ot) and all others behind them... 9 points is the magic number

#130 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

You're ROW numbers are off. You're giving total wins.

NJ Can get to 38, Ott to 34, Tor to 33, Was to 31.

So 9 pts so long as two of the wins are regulation/ot.

#131 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,866 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 08:06 AM

I stand corrected! Thanks gang.

#132 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

How the hell does 93.7% sound??? YEAH BABY

#133 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

*weeps openly*

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#134 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

f*** yeah!!
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#135 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

100% sounds better

#136 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

100% sounds better

Gettin there

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#137 nawein

nawein

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

Accoding to sportsclubstats if everything goes our way tonight we'll have a 100.4% chance of making the playoffs. Seems legit.

#138 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

Does this extra 0.4% mean we get the cup handed directly because of our playoffspot-securing-awesomeness ?

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#139 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

Well that's good but what all has to happen to be at 100%? Sorry 100.04%?

We win and who loses?

#140 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

We need 3 more points to clinch, less if Jersey, Washington and Toronto lose again. So 1-2-1 is good enough to clinch.

Edit: Incorrectly assumed we had five games left.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.