• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/20 GDT - Penguins 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

Did you guys really think that 2-0 lead was going to hold up? I sure as hell didn't.

With this roster? I'm very happy we put up 2 goals at all against this Pens team. Being 1 down, we have a chance. With our roster, people should be happy that we're still in this. Instead, too much moaning about Franzen (who has played well, played a huge part in our first goal, yet he's being asked to take his head out of his ass), Tatar (who hasn't played bad at all, but he's the one who took the penalty he has to get ripped on) and Howie (who has made some great saves to keep this Griffins team in the game versus the Pens).

Edited by Jasper84

Soooo many missed chances, easily could been up 3 before the Pens woke up and went craZy

That's the thing, though. We really haven't generated many chances at all. We've looked good on the forecheck and cycle, but we haven't truly threatened, haven't made MAF work.

Edited by Dabura

I'm not a blame the goalie type, but he is the one guy who can step it up and lead us and has been a total let down. You can argue that goals aren't "his fault", but come on, make a big timely save, steal a game for us, do something.

He did make a big timely save when it was 2-2. Is it his fault he was screened on a Malkin blast on a 5 on 3?

The sad thing is that no one will lose their jobs or spot on the team over this season.

Holland will be back, Babcock will be back, and every failure of this season will be entirely racked up to injuries. Problem is, we'll probably have all these injuries again next year, because there's obviously an organizational problem when you're this hurt every year. Whether it's a lineup of wusses, or the strength and conditioning is poor, etc. something needs to change. I doubt it will because Holland and Babcock have immunity. Anyone in a position of power who has immunity is a dangerous thing. People work better when there's something from outside lighting a fire under their asses. This franchise doesn't have that with Ilitch being an old, dying man who doesn't care about the Wings anymore.

He did make a big timely save when it was 2-2. Is it his fault he was screened on a Malkin blast on a 5 on 3?

Not only then, he also had some in the first when it was still 0:0 and the Pens were pressing. If we loose this game it's for sure not because of Howard.

The sad thing is that no one will lose their jobs or spot on the team over this season.

Holland will be back, Babcock will be back, and every failure of this season will be entirely racked up to injuries. Problem is, we'll probably have all these injuries again next year, because there's obviously an organizational problem when you're this hurt every year. Whether it's a lineup of wusses, or the strength and conditioning is poor, etc. something needs to change. I doubt it will because Holland and Babcock have immunity. Anyone in a position of power who has immunity is a dangerous thing. People work better when there's something from outside lighting a fire under their asses. This franchise doesn't have that with Ilitch being an old, dying man who doesn't care about the Wings anymore.

Are you saying you don't want Kyle Quincey back for three more seasons?

Get plugs like Ferraro and Glendening off the ice. Double shift Nyquist and Alfie.

Glendening does everything right but score. He is so snake bitten, but he does all the little things that earned him a spot on this team and he has great discipline and draws penalties. Ferraro, I saw play with GR and don't really think he's NHL material. And I don't even think he's that fast.

Are you saying you don't want Kyle Quincey back for three more seasons?

I would fire Holland just for that one trade. Kyle Quincey for a 1st rounder looked back even when it was made. This isn't hindsight being 20/20 mind you, it was a bad trade from the very beginning.

Ok - a bit off topic here...

The last sentence got me thinking (a rare occurrence indeed); I noticed Mr. Ilitch was not at Nick's retirement...Something going on with his health?

He was at home recovering from a surgery or something like that.