• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/20 GDT - Penguins 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

Rate this topic

I'm a big fan of the Tater, but have noticed the turn overs too. Mickey nailed it the other game when he said you can't do the pretty puck dangling thing in this league (unlike the AHL) when you're on the point bubble. His youthful speed has managed to get him out of it most of the time catching up to the guys on the turn over. But I agree, he'll learn, him and Nyqvist are starting to exceed expectations... They remind me of the new Zetterberg / Datsyuk :D

Yeah the turnovers are the s***s, but if he hustles to get it back and eventually starts to get by those guys then it'll pay off. I admire his persistence.

Guest RyaN_84

i will admit that the red wings are playing with a lot of heart right now, winning important games without some of their star players..
and to that i give them tons of credit

didn't get to see the game

could someone please describe the play on the winning goal?

Penguins had a 3 on 2, almost 4 on 2 with about 15 seconds to go...somehow a turnover happens and the Wings went 3 on 1 the other way with Alfredsson having the puck with about 5 seconds to go...he took a shot from the right wing side and Fleury kicked a rebound out into the slot and the back checking d man, Scuderi, had the puck hit him in the logo and drop into the net with .4 seconds to go.

Here's a link to a .gif of Legwand's butt-end penalty for those who didn't see

http://gfycat.com/DisgustingReasonableDeermouse

When they showed this from the back angle during the game it looked like Malkin looked at the ref first then collapsed 'in pain'. I'm sure that hurts getting drilled in the thigh like that, and obviously a penalty, but it looked a little embellished too.

All that's missing is a pool of water and a diving board.

Way to sell it Malkin, you know, because there's no padding there whatsoever and the end of Legwand's stick is sharpened.

Penguins had a 3 on 2, almost 4 on 2 with about 15 seconds to go...somehow a turnover happens and the Wings went 3 on 1 the other way with Alfredsson having the puck with about 5 seconds to go...he took a shot from the right wing side and Fleury kicked a rebound out into the slot and the back checking d man, Scuderi, had the puck hit him in the logo and drop into the net with .4 seconds to go.

Video:

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2013021046&navid=nhl:topheads

Guest RyaN_84

When they showed this from the back angle during the game it looked like Malkin looked at the ref first then collapsed 'in pain'. I'm sure that hurts getting drilled in the thigh like that, and obviously a penalty, but it looked a little embellished too.

lol embellished....nice try

YOU get butted in the gut and then tell me how it feels...

suspension worthy?

I'm quite certain it's an instant fine, I think a resulting injury would determine whether or not the player gets suspended. I've seen this kind of penalty in AHL games but it's a first for a Wings game for me.

Guest RyaN_84

No more than Neal cross-checking Glendening in the head.

yeah okay...you keep telling yourself that...

Ferraro had a tough game so I'm glad they won so the loss wasn't on him. He took a bad penalty in the second to give them a 5 on 3 that Malkin scored on and I counted 3 times on the 5 minute penalty that he could have cleared the puck and he couldn't do it. He is young so those things will happen of course.

On the 5 min PK when the Wings forgot about offense, the D looked really good.

It looks like the team has trouble multitasking.

I guess what I'm saying is, not converting on a key PP can really come back to haunt you, it seems. I guess it's sort of a truism, but it's my truism.

Wow I saw a different angle where it looked like it got him in the stomach. The thigh? He goes down from that? Legwand must have super natural strength. 5 mins was good enough. If he gets suspended Neal better be suspended with the cross check to the head.