Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

3/20 GDT - Penguins 4 at Red Wings 5 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

#1041 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Every goalie makes saves.  Goalies actually have the advantage on breakaways, penalty shots and shoot outs.  It doesn't mean he hasn't let in a lot of weak goals this year.  Kyle Quincey made a game saving play as well, does that mean he's an elite defenseman?

#1042 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

http://www.reddit.co...appreciate_the/

Seriously: Luke F****** Glendening. He shut down Sidney Crosby. He was a beast on the PK. He generated offense and was a major factor in Bertuzzi's goal. He threw his weight around. He agitated like a seasoned superpest and drew two big penalties, one of which - the fallen stick one - was a thing of beauty. (Made it seem like he'd intended to retrieve the stick before Neal pushed it away. Sold it.)

We beat the Pens in '08 largely on the strength of our depth. Last night reminded me a bit of that series in this regard. Is Glendening the next/new Helm?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1043 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Seriously: Luke F****** Glendening. He shut down Sidney Crosby. He was a beast on the PK. He generated offense and was a major factor in Bertuzzi's goal. He threw his weight around. He agitated like a seasoned superpest and drew two big penalties, one of which - the fallen stick one - was a thing of beauty. (Made it seem like he'd intended to retrieve the stick before Neal pushed it away. Sold it.)

We beat the Pens in '08 largely on the strength of our depth. Last night reminded me a bit of that series in this regard. Is Glendening the next/new Helm?

I love glens style of play, but helms WAYYY faster, and believe it or not has much better hands.
Also.
when helm was younger he was more physical, glendennings more aggressive than physical.
If that makes sense.

Edit.
I absolutely LOVE the way he plays.
He's an awesome fourth line/shutdown center.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter, 21 March 2014 - 03:49 PM.

#1044 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

That game reminded me of last year in the playoffs against the ducks, Brunner's OT winner

#1045 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

I love glens style of play, but helms WAYYY faster, and believe it or not has much better hands.
Also.
when helm was younger he was more physical, glendennings more aggressive than physical.
If that makes sense.

Edit.
I absolutely LOVE the way he plays.
He's an awesome fourth line/shutdown center.

Well, I mean, they certainly aren't exactly alike. But it's the same basic idea.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#1046 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

He reminds me more of Maltby tbh. But awesome nonetheless. I don't think I give a s*** if he ever scores :lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#1047 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:56 PM

Glendening and Miller have some sick ass chemistry. They definitely need to be 2/3's of our 4th line when healthy. It has been a while since we've had a bottom 6 line that could completely shut down some of the best players in the game. It is wonderful, as when the Wings are at home, it allows Babs to set the Goose loose.

#1048 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

tumblr_n2rn5eTuFw1rgjwupo2_250.giftumblr_n2rn5eTuFw1rgjwupo3_250.giftumblr_n2rn5eTuFw1rgjwupo1_250.gif