• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Datsyuk would probably love to have another Russian on the team.

#22 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 03:37 PM

Kassian is a meathead. Do not want.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#23 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Even off the ice. I can't speak for anyone else, obviously... but Kassian has come back to Windsor several times since I've worked at a bar in the downtown sector. Every time I've seen him, he's been kind of a jerk. On one occassion, he walked up to me at the door, and we ID'd the people he was with (they looked younger). Long story short I got the, "do you know who I am?" and "Oh good, do you want my autograph?" treatment. I told him I could live without the signature, so he spent the rest of the night banging his bottles off the tables and staring me down. Good times.

Can't stand the ass and don't ever want him here.

#24 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:17 PM

Datsyuk would probably love to have another Russian on the team.

It's bizarre to me that they haven't signed somebody who Datsyuk could relate to more. 

Posted Image

#25 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

It's bizarre to me that they haven't signed somebody who Datsyuk could relate to more. 

Haven't been any Russians available that aren't text book D bags. I'm surprised we haven't drafted another Russian other than Marchenko... Though they are proving to be riskier to draft

#26 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

Haven't been any Russians available that aren't text book D bags. I'm surprised we haven't drafted another Russian other than Marchenko... Though they are proving to be riskier to draft

Wanted Grigs Kuznetsov so bad when the caps got him that draft. 

Edited by dirtydangles, 20 March 2014 - 08:41 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#27 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Wanted Grigs so bad when the caps got him that draft. 

Who?

#28 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

Who?

sorry my bad - meant kuznetsov

Edited by dirtydangles, 20 March 2014 - 08:39 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 21,076 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:50 PM

Holland will only sign a player of those proportions if he's soft and old (think Todd Bertuzzi).

It will take a new GM and coach before we can expect power forward type players to come here.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,065 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:14 AM

Even off the ice. I can't speak for anyone else, obviously... but Kassian has come back to Windsor several times since I've worked at a bar in the downtown sector. Every time I've seen him, he's been kind of a jerk. On one occassion, he walked up to me at the door, and we ID'd the people he was with (they looked younger). Long story short I got the, "do you know who I am?" and "Oh good, do you want my autograph?" treatment. I told him I could live without the signature, so he spent the rest of the night banging his bottles off the tables and staring me down. Good times.

I liked the "idea" of Zack Kassian, and often was pro Kass on lgw. But living in the Vancouver market, I've see enough of him to buy what you are saying, and pass on Zack.

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:55 AM

Not a big fan of his.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

We don't take Sean Avery type assholes in Detroit, we trade them to teams like Vancouver and Pittsburgh.  I'd take Hodgson in a heartbeat though :lol: .

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#33 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

I liked the "idea" of Zack Kassian, and often was pro Kass on lgw. But living in the Vancouver market, I've see enough of him to buy what you are saying, and pass on Zack.

When Buffalo drafted him I've liked the guy too but his actions, behaviour is unacceptable and not something I'd want in a locker room filled with veterans AND young guns - he just isn't a role model. Give me Gazdic who is a way better enforcer AND also a decent hockeyplayer.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:55 AM

All I ever needed to know about him:

Shortly after joining Windsor, he was given a 20-game suspension from the league for his hit to the head of Barrie Colts forward Matt Kennedy during a game in January 2010

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 21 March 2014 - 12:41 PM.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#35 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

I always imagine what it would have been like to get a guy like tarasenko and let Datsyuk mentor him his whole career

#36 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:14 PM

I'm not sure what it is with people on these boards wanting to pick up Vancouver's scraps. But I would pass unless it cost us literally nothing.

#37 Richdg

Richdg

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

So Kassian is a D bag, that makes Legwand a what after last night? Spearing a guy in the balls........

#38 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,300 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

So Kassian is a D bag, that makes Legwand a what after last night? Spearing a guy in the balls........

Legwand to the best of my knowledge has never been suspended in his 14 year NHL career. He gave an ill-advised cheapshot to one of the dirtiest star players in the league.

Kassian has been suspended twice this season alone for a total of 8 games. 2 seasons in the NHL, 2 suspensions. Then there's the 20 game suspension he received for a headshot in the OHL. Then there's his 3 game suspension in the OHL playoffs. Then there's the 1 game suspension in the WJC. Then there's him being charged with assault after a bar fight in Windsor.

The only time you hear about the guy is when he's done something idiotic.

EDIT: Not sure I've got all his suspensions straight, but it's so many it's hard to keep track.

#39 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:37 PM

*Futurama Fry meme*

Not sure if trolling, or just doesn't know s****

#40 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:21 AM

All I ever needed to know about him:

Yep ****** with a capital D.