• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Kassian on the way out of Van?

Rate this topic

Haven't been any Russians available that aren't text book D bags. I'm surprised we haven't drafted another Russian other than Marchenko... Though they are proving to be riskier to draft

Wanted Grigs Kuznetsov so bad when the caps got him that draft.

Edited by dirtydangles

Even off the ice. I can't speak for anyone else, obviously... but Kassian has come back to Windsor several times since I've worked at a bar in the downtown sector. Every time I've seen him, he's been kind of a jerk. On one occassion, he walked up to me at the door, and we ID'd the people he was with (they looked younger). Long story short I got the, "do you know who I am?" and "Oh good, do you want my autograph?" treatment. I told him I could live without the signature, so he spent the rest of the night banging his bottles off the tables and staring me down. Good times.

I liked the "idea" of Zack Kassian, and often was pro Kass on lgw. But living in the Vancouver market, I've see enough of him to buy what you are saying, and pass on Zack.

Even off the ice. I can't speak for anyone else, obviously... but Kassian has come back to Windsor several times since I've worked at a bar in the downtown sector. Every time I've seen him, he's been kind of a jerk. On one occassion, he walked up to me at the door, and we ID'd the people he was with (they looked younger). Long story short I got the, "do you know who I am?" and "Oh good, do you want my autograph?" treatment. I told him I could live without the signature, so he spent the rest of the night banging his bottles off the tables and staring me down. Good times.

We don't take Sean Avery type assholes in Detroit, we trade them to teams like Vancouver and Pittsburgh. I'd take Hodgson in a heartbeat though :lol: .

I liked the "idea" of Zack Kassian, and often was pro Kass on lgw. But living in the Vancouver market, I've see enough of him to buy what you are saying, and pass on Zack.

When Buffalo drafted him I've liked the guy too but his actions, behaviour is unacceptable and not something I'd want in a locker room filled with veterans AND young guns - he just isn't a role model. Give me Gazdic who is a way better enforcer AND also a decent hockeyplayer.

So Kassian is a D bag, that makes Legwand a what after last night? Spearing a guy in the balls........

Legwand to the best of my knowledge has never been suspended in his 14 year NHL career. He gave an ill-advised cheapshot to one of the dirtiest star players in the league.

Kassian has been suspended twice this season alone for a total of 8 games. 2 seasons in the NHL, 2 suspensions. Then there's the 20 game suspension he received for a headshot in the OHL. Then there's his 3 game suspension in the OHL playoffs. Then there's the 1 game suspension in the WJC. Then there's him being charged with assault after a bar fight in Windsor.

The only time you hear about the guy is when he's done something idiotic.

EDIT: Not sure I've got all his suspensions straight, but it's so many it's hard to keep track.

The self righteousness of some around here is honestly socking and naïve. Tinky was just arrested a year ago for being "super drunk", the RW stood by him but somehow Kassian is a Dbag? Getting a DUI and risking the lives of others on the roads is far worse than anything Kassian has ever done in a hockey game or to some un named bouncer at a bar. Ghost of probert calling. For years the RW's stood by him with all of his drug and alcohol issues, even when he was arrested coming across the boarder. Or McCarty's alcohol issues, Bertuzzi-the master of one of the worst cheap shots in NHL history, who we have brought into town twice. BTW, what team drafted Avery again? Oh yeah the RW. I could go on about all the times Kozlov and Hudler came to the locker room drunk off of their a$$, but then again most of you ignore such facts. keep the blinders on, only pure as the driven snow types play for the RW's! LOL

The only question that should ever be asked is: Does picking up player X make us a better team? That is all that really matters. Now if there are better options out there, great! go for them as well. But to act holier than thou or the rest of the NHL is just plain silly and naïve. Not to mention you completely ignore much of the RW's great history.

Wouldnt mind it for the right price. His game is actually coming along and hes big, tough and young. He would fit in with the age structure of most of our young guys moving forward. I think its funny people see him jump into a hit and that makes him some player not fit for the wings, cause its not like any players on the wings (or alternate captains) have a history of doing that lol.

I picture a line of Mantha Sheahan Kassian in like 3 years and dont see how people wouldnt at least entertain the idea if the price is right.

The self righteousness of some around here is honestly socking and naïve. Tinky was just arrested a year ago for being "super drunk", the RW stood by him but somehow Kassian is a Dbag? Getting a DUI and risking the lives of others on the roads is far worse than anything Kassian has ever done in a hockey game or to some un named bouncer at a bar. Ghost of probert calling. For years the RW's stood by him with all of his drug and alcohol issues, even when he was arrested coming across the boarder. Or McCarty's alcohol issues, Bertuzzi-the master of one of the worst cheap shots in NHL history, who we have brought into town twice. BTW, what team drafted Avery again? Oh yeah the RW. I could go on about all the times Kozlov and Hudler came to the locker room drunk off of their a$$, but then again most of you ignore such facts. keep the blinders on, only pure as the driven snow types play for the RW's! LOL

The only question that should ever be asked is: Does picking up player X make us a better team? That is all that really matters. Now if there are better options out there, great! go for them as well. But to act holier than thou or the rest of the NHL is just plain silly and naïve. Not to mention you completely ignore much of the RW's great history.

There's nothing self righteous about not wanting the Wings to acquire a young player who has consistently shown the terrible judgment that Kassian has. We're not talking about one horrible incident like Bertuzzi. Kassian has got a lot of great qualities but so far doesn't have it between the ears.

I certainly don't need the Wings roster to be full of angels but there's a huge difference between a player who plays on the edge and a guy who runs around like an idiot trying to brain people. You can throw around hearsay about Kozlov and Hudler and cling to old time hockey nostalgia but the reality is that's just not how the league is run anymore. A guy like Kassian is going to get suspended a lot (as he already has), draw a lot of the league's scorn, and be a constant distraction for the team.

Barring a revolutionary change of character larger than even Matt Cooke's, the short answer is no he doesn't make the team better.

Avery wasn't drafted by the way. The Wings signed him as a free agent. They also traded him during his second year on the Wings before he ever even played 80 games with the club.

Wouldnt mind it for the right price. His game is actually coming along and hes big, tough and young. He would fit in with the age structure of most of our young guys moving forward. I think its funny people see him jump into a hit and that makes him some player not fit for the wings, cause its not like any players on the wings (or alternate captains) have a history of doing that lol.

I picture a line of Mantha Sheahan Kassian in like 3 years and dont see how people wouldnt at least entertain the idea if the price is right.

I've never liked Kronwall's "exploding upward" hits, but his were borderline whereas Kassian has repeatedly served up the Raffi Torres special.

Even with those handful of questionable hits, Kronwall has never been suspended in his 9 NHL seasons. You can scroll back to my earlier post listing all Kassian's suspensions. It's not exactly an apples to apples comparison.

I guess Probert would never be on the RW for most here..... So sad......

Pretty much. People have become so used to our softness that they refuse to accept a player that occasionally goes over the edge.

Probert wasn't known as a cheap hitter, but he did some dirty stuff in his career like every tough guy.

I guess Probert would never be on the RW for most here..... So sad......

Pretty much. People have become so used to our softness that they refuse to accept a player that occasionally goes over the edge.

Probert wasn't known as a cheap hitter, but he did some dirty stuff in his career like every tough guy.

Nice strawman you guys are building. Not wanting Kassian doesn't equal hating guys who play with an edge.

Kassian hasn't "occasionally gone over the edge." He's been suspended for dirty plays multiple times in multiple leagues and he's only 23 years old. It's not like we're talking about players like Backes or Doan here.