• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

Rate this topic

It will be interesting to see how tonight plays out... Despite all of the doom and gloom around here, I think this team (regardless of injuries) can still make it into the playoffs and then some.

I would love to see us put together a solid win-streak, but at this point, take what you can get! A few clutch wins by some underdogs tonight would move us in the right direction...

It's gonna be a tight race, boys! Play like you want it, play like you need it, leave everything on the ice after 60 minutes, and never give up!!

Instead of dating these and making a new thread 3-4 times a week about this, let's just turn this into the general Eastern playoff race thread going forward and keep it ongoing here. It prevents clutter and helps maintain an ongoing discussion instead of fragmenting it across the general discussion forum.

I changed the thread title accordingly, I assume this will be a more active thread going forward as we close in on the final games of the season.

Freaking Kings. Caps get at least a point. They're in OT now.

Nothing to worry about. We still have 2 games on them. No need to worry about the teams behind us. We're starting to pull away from them. Let the teams we are chasing worry about the likes of the Caps.

Nothing to worry about. We still have 2 games on them. No need to worry about the teams behind us. We're starting to pull away from them. Let the teams we are chasing worry about the likes of the Caps.

Nothing to worry about? Bit of a stretch, don't you think? Two games in hand doesn't guarantee anything, and they'd won four in a row before tonight. I mean, I get what you're saying. But we need all the teams around us to lose as much as we need to win.

Nothing to worry about? Bit of a stretch, don't you think? Two games in hand doesn't guarantee anything, and they'd won four in a row before tonight. I mean, I get what you're saying. But we need all the teams around us to lose as much as we need to win.

If we win, the teams behind us do not matter. How can they catch up to us if we win? They can't. It isn't much of a stretch at all. The Wings control their own fate at this point. So yeah, I'm not worried.

Rangers vs columbus tonight f*** , i guess let's go Columbus? We'll have 2 games in hand on rangers

And looking at tomorrow habs vs leafs .... Should we go for habs cause toronto is closer ? Or toronto so habs don't distance themselves ugh

Columbus and habs next week are massiveeee ... Let's hope last nights win gets the wings going tomorrow afternoon

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Rangers vs columbus tonight f*** , i guess let's go Columbus? We'll have 2 games in hand on rangers

And looking at tomorrow habs vs leafs .... Should we go for habs cause toronto is closer ? Or toronto so habs don't distance themselves ugh

Columbus and habs next week are massiveeee ... Let's hope last nights win gets the wings going tomorrow afternoon

I lean towards the Jackets tonight... Rangers having just 1 point more than us and (if regulation loss tonight) two games more than us. Gives us a good shot at taking those extra two points than them. Have to just hope that it doesn't make OT, that's where we get in a bit of trouble. Same for TOR-MTL, Habs win and we close in on the Leafs, it doesn't matter who makes it at this point, it only matters who's catchable.

Every team other than Boston and Pittsburgh are "catchable" but while some fans go for the higher seed team so that the lower seed team is even more attainable for us, I always go for the lower seed team so that the higher seed team isn't too far out of reach. Believe it or not, although very unlikely, it is still possible for us to finish 3rd or 4th in the conference.

I guess I believe, because we control our own fate at this point, that we can and will get into the playoffs so I'm always hoping that we can jump over two or three teams rather than just one.

So, tonight I will be going for the Rangers and tomorrow night I will be going for the Leafs.

Better for Columbus to lose or rangers?

Doesn't even matter. we have games in hand on the 2 teams in front of us. The Wings control their own fate. If they win, there is nothing to worry about.

Edited by marcaractac

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I'm rooting for CBJ to win. They're tied with NYR, but have a game in hand. I'll take any tiny advantage we can get.

Let's just hope it's not a 3 pt game. 1-1 in the third.

Edited by L3T5G0W1NG5

The way I see it, of Columbus loses in regulation, We're in the same situation we are now. 1 point behind the team ahead of us with a game in hand. Rangers lose? Just gives us an extra chance to pass them. But if the Rags win in regulation, winning our games in hand puts us ahead of both.

In the end, it doesn't matter. We just have to keep finding ways to win. Lets win our way into the playoffs, not have other teams lose to get us in.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

CBJ came sooooo close to tying it with around a minute left. NYR just scored an EN to make it 3-1. Woot.

CBJ came sooooo close to tying it with around a minute left. NYR just scored an EN to make it 3-1. Woot.

It's good, because now we have games in hand advantages over Columbus, Rangers, and Leafs. (only counting those we can surpass by winning games in hand)

2-0 Mtl yeah baby yeah.

I just turned the game on and was about to post it. If that holds up, Wings will be down 1 point with 2 games in hand and the ROW tiebreaker compared to TO.