• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

Rate this topic

Stupid rangers f*** .... That really hurt

Tonights games don't matter all that much.

With Philly losing and the Rangers winning our playoff chances remain exactly the same. The other 2 games will probably drop our chances slightly but no more than .1 or .2 %

Tomorrow's game is huge though

With Philly losing and the Rangers winning our playoff chances remain exactly the same. The other 2 games will probably drop our chances slightly but no more than .1 or .2 %

Monsterously huge.

Iginla JUST missed.

Edited by e_prime

Of cohrse

Of course flyers and rangers games count ... Doesn't matter that there in a different division there around the same ballpark as us in pts .... Obviously tomorrow Columbus game is hugeeee but if they get pts we need rangers and flyers to not get any so they don't get in the playoffs instead of us

Habs and Bruins game is awesome

Dunno how the habs are doing it .... Bruins gonna a crazy win streak and leave it to the habs to put in jeopardy after losing 2 forwards and having the backup in nets lol

Of cohrse

Of course flyers and rangers games count ... Doesn't matter that there in a different division there around the same ballpark as us in pts .... Obviously tomorrow Columbus game is hugeeee but if they get pts we need rangers and flyers to not get any so they don't get in the playoffs instead of us

Dunno how the habs are doing it .... Bruins gonna a crazy win streak and leave it to the habs to put in jeopardy after losing 2 forwards and having the backup in nets lol

Either way, top 3 in any division gets in the playoffs. If Flyers and Rangers don't get points, then who will? Washington and Columbus? Either way, top 3 in a division are making it. They're not in our division so they don't matter quite as much, I would posit.

Of cohrse

The only way Philly or Rangers games matter is if Columbus passes them. Otherwise they are guaranteed their spots because of their seeding in their divisions.

Right now the teams that matter are Us, Columbus, Toronto, Washington and New Jersey.

Wings don't need any help. They take care of their own business and they will be fine.

you must have missed a few wings games this year, and maybe you didn't see the injury list. We will take all the help we can get, might not want it, but we definitely need it

you must have missed a few wings games this year, and maybe you didn't see the injury list. We will take all the help we can get, might not want it, but we definitely need it

We'll get help getting guys like Pasha and Weiss back soon. Yeah, I have seen the injury list. Maybe you haven't noticed, but the players left on the ice got us back in a playoff position. I guess I have more faith in them than some people.

In all honesty though, these other teams are fighting for their playoff lives as well. It's not like the Wings are sitting there watching hoping they all lose so they don't have to work as hard. I say let them all keep pace. Keep the Wings on their toes, keep them working their asses off every night.

Edited by marcaractac

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

It's annoying when people say we don't need any help. We're not as great as you think we are, especially with the injuries....

It's annoying when people say we don't need any help. We're not as great as you think we are, especially with the injuries....

Like I said, help is on the way with players soon returning. If this team is gonna depend on other teams fighting for a playoff spot to lose games, then I'm afraid I have some bad news. How quickly people forget how Columbus was down the stretch last season. a Lot of our remaining games are against the teams we are competing with. That's about all the help we're gonna get. People need to realize that.

Like I said, help is on the way with players soon returning. If this team is gonna depend on other teams fighting for a playoff spot to lose games, then I'm afraid I have some bad news. How quickly people forget how Columbus was down the stretch last season. a Lot of our remaining games are against the teams we are competing with. That's about all the help we're gonna get. People need to realize that.

Those players are not even cleared for contact yet, and most are not even skating. Like I said we may not WANT help, but we certainly need it. I have faith that our team will give it all they have, but they still need a bit of luck to make playoffs.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

I'm having a hard time knowing where your head is at. If you don't think we need help, just say it. You're trying to play both sides.

Those players are not even cleared for contact yet, and most are not even skating. Like I said we may not WANT help, but we certainly need it. I have faith that our team will give it all they have, but they still need a bit of luck to make playoffs.

Columbus and the Leafs are the big threats. People could go on about the Devils all they want. They'd have to all but win the rest of their games at this point. The Leafs are giving us more than enough help. We beat Cbus, and we beat the Leafs, there isn't a whole lot to worry about as long as the Wings don't s*** the bed.

I'm having a hard time knowing where your head is at. If you don't think we need help, just say it. You're trying to play both sides.

I just have faith in the team. We can't sit around and depend on other teams to lose for us to make it. They have to go out there and work for wins. There is no playing both sides here. The teams behind us are just as desperate, and sans the Leafs won't do a whole lot of losing. The Wings have to win games. They control their own fate.

Columbus and the Leafs are the big threats. People could go on about the Devils all they want. They'd have to all but win the rest of their games at this point. The Leafs are giving us more than enough help. We beat Cbus, and we beat the Leafs, there isn't a whole lot to worry about as long as the Wings don't s*** the bed.

I just have faith in the team. We can't sit around and depend on other teams to lose for us to make it. They have to go out there and work for wins. There is no playing both sides here. The teams behind us are just as desperate, and sans the Leafs won't do a whole lot of losing. The Wings have to win games. They control their own fate.

If the leafs didn't go on a 5 game losing streak we wouldn't be in as good of a situation as we currently are in ...I understand what your saying , if we do our job from here on out and win our games were good

But we also need other teams to lose like toronto Columbus rangers Washington .... Teams around us

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

The only way Philly or Rangers games matter is if Columbus passes them. Otherwise they are guaranteed their spots because of their seeding in their divisions.

Right now the teams that matter are Us, Columbus, Toronto, Washington and New Jersey.

Yes but if rangers and flyers guarantee themselves a top 3 spot in there division then Columbus Washington nj have to fight us to get in .... Where I'd like to see and flyers and nyr lose some games so Columbus and others can all battle each other out and we can hopefully pass them all and be worry free and although a long shot get back in the top 3 in our division

I'd the leafs didn't go in a 5 game losing streak we wouldn't be in as good of a situation as we currently are in ...I understand what your saying , if we do our job from here on out and win our games were good

But we also need other teams to lose like toronto Columbus rangers Washington .... Teams around us

And where we play those teams, then we're just gonna have to beat the aren't we?

Some here seem to act as if I'm saying if the teams chasing us win all their remaining games we're still good. I didn't think I had to spell out the obvious. The teams chasing us are gonna win more than they will lose. All I'm saying is the Wings can't count on other teams losing, and they just need to worry about their own games.

The Wings will lose games. So will the teams chasing us. When it comes down to it, they have to worry about their own business, and I simply have faith that they will pull it off.

Yes but if rangers and flyers guarantee themselves a top 3 spot in there division then Columbus Washington nj have to fight us to get in .... Where I'd like to see and flyers and nyr lose some games so Columbus and others can all battle each other out and we can hopefully pass them all and be worry free and although a long shot get back in the top 3 in our division

We just have to beat Columbus tomorrow night. Some breathing room, and a lot less depending on other teams to do the work for us.

And where we play those teams, then we're just gonna have to beat the aren't we?

Some here seem to act as if I'm saying if the teams chasing us win all their remaining games we're still good. I didn't think I had to spell out the obvious. The teams chasing us are gonna win more than they will lose. All I'm saying is the Wings can't count on other teams losing, and they just need to worry about their own games.

The Wings will lose games. So will the teams chasing us. When it comes down to it, they have to worry about their own business, and I simply have faith that they will pull it off.

We just have to beat Columbus tomorrow night. Some breathing room, and a lot less depending on other teams to do the work for us.

yes obviously the wings can't count on other teams losing, no one said they could. All anyone is saying is that with a little help we make the playoffs, i.e. the leafs losing 5 games in a row, or columbus losing consecutive games, philly hopefully loses some consecutive games. You giving us a chance to make up some ground. We can't beat teams we don't play so we can hope for a little help from the teams that are playing the teams we need to lose.

Ya tomorrow is a big time game in our season we have to win it all costs and I get it that we need to just win and were in but we also need teams to lose .... If we win tomorrow and stl beats toronto were up 2 on them with games in hands so it's huge

As we still have like 10 games left I'd say we also need help ..When were down till like final 3 games and we win were in we can depend on ourselves alone

I doubt we'd pull a boston and go on a 10 game win streak ..... Although that would just solve everything lol

As for our players returning at this rate I wouldn't expect anybody back the way this seasons going until we got like 5 games left

Anybody heard anything on datsyuk or weiss?

yes obviously the wings can't count on other teams losing, no one said they could. All anyone is saying is that with a little help we make the playoffs, i.e. the leafs losing 5 games in a row, or columbus losing consecutive games, philly hopefully loses some consecutive games. You giving us a chance to make up some ground. We can't beat teams we don't play so we can hope for a little help from the teams that are playing the teams we need to lose.

That's as big a gift as anyone could hope for :lol: