• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

Rate this topic

So much for that "easy" NJ schedule huh? Easy schedules don't mean jack anymore. Yea it probably looks good on paper but sports are so unpredictable. Anyhow, thank you Calgary! Detroit owes you a case of beer.

Edited by SimonSin

3 points out of 8 possible, and Detroit is in the playoffs. And that's assuming everyone still wins out. Any further losses by New Jersey will make that number even smaller.

So by my calculations we need to go 1-2-1 at worst in the next four games to make the playoffs. If toronto or jersey lose a single game each we only need 1 point to be in the playoffs! 23 straight is right on the horizon!

Don't forget Washington. They can still get to 91, though they can't win a tiebreaker against us.

Both Toronto ans Washington have tough games tomorrow, but regardless what they do our job is the same: Beat Buffalo then give everything we got to get at least a point in Pittsburgh.

we need to go balls out tonight against the Sabres bag the 2 points and take the pressure off. I think that would see us

home, cause i cant see NJ, Leafs and Caps winning all their remaining games and us not picking a point up in ours.

I think at this point it's a given we're going to make the playoffs. I'm more interested in whether or not we hold that 7th spot, which we're battling Columbus for. Our remaining games are pretty similar. We play Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Carolina and St Louis. Columbus plays Phoenix, Dallas, Tampa and Florida. Phoenix and Dallas are fighting for the playoffs and only one will make it, so they'll be pretty desperate so I'm hoping those are hard games for Columbus. Florida should be a win and it's hard to say for Tampa. I think they'll get at least 4 points, but not 7. I think we can beat Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Carolina but then maybe choke against St Louis, but on the other hand its the last game of the season so that could be used to our advantage if we're not clearly separated from Columbus. I'm expecting 6 points.

I just really want to play Pittsbrugh in the first round.

From Yahoo Sports:

Team Place/ Pts./ROW (Games Remaining) Tragic # % Chance 1stWild Card % Chance of 2nd Wild Card B

Detroit Red Wings WILD CARD 1/88/32 (1H/3A - 57 38

Columbus Blue Jackets WILD CARD 2/87/35 (1H/3A) - 31 41

New Jersey Devils 9th/84/34 (2H/1A 3 1 6

Toronto Maple Leafs 10th/84/29 (3A) 3 0 2

Washington Capitals 11th/83/25 (2H/2A) 4 0 2

Ottawa Senators 12th/80/28 (2H/2A) 1 0 0

Carolina Hurricanes 13th/79/33 (1H/3A) 1 - 0

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Looks as if the standings will stay the same.

Oh, wait... I forgot... the Leafs just may fall further out of the picture if Washington keeps their lead against St. Louis.

EDIT: Too soon! Coyotes just tied up game with CBJ. :14.6 left in the 3rd. Would have no problem with CBJ not picking up two points tonight.

Edited by e_prime