• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

Rate this topic

Not to get ahead of things, but how do the wild cards seed in the playoffs? I keep forgetting. Does the second face the Bruins and the first face the Pens?

That's what I've been telling you! lol.

Don't count out the Leafs yeah they are two points back, but Toronto is also on hell of a streaky game they could easily go from 0 : 8 to 6 : 0 it will be a tight dogfight with Toronto, Columbus and Washington till the end no doubt about that.

Games for the 4 teams

Red Wings:

vs Lighting

vs Bruins

vs Sabers

@ Habs

@ Sabers

@ Penguins

vs Hurricanes

@ Blues

Caps;

@ Preds

vs Stars

@ Devils

@ NYI

@ Blues

@ Hurricanes

vs Hawks

vs Lightning

Leafs:

vs Flames

vs Bruins

vs Jets

@ Lightning

@ Panthers

@ Senators

Jackets:

vs Avs

@ Flyers

vs Hawks

vs NYI

vs PHX

@ Stars

@ Lightning

@ Panthers

Man oh man do the Wings have a tough schedule coming up. The bolded are pretty much must wins since the rest our remaining schedule is very tough. Luckily Jackets & Caps have some tough games coming up as well. I think 5-3 or 4-3-1 record is a must to get us in the playoffs.

Edited by dragonballgtz

Definitely not counting the Leafs out. Just wanted to know what we'd be looking forward to should our dreams come true. Personally, I'd want the Pens, but I'm interested to see how we do against the Bruins this week. If we play them well, maybe we do legitimately match up well against them and our winning record against them isn't a fluke.

Games for the 4 teams

Red Wings:

vs Lighting

vs Bruins

vs Sabers

@ Habs

@ Sabers

@ Penguins

vs Hurricanes

@ Blues

Caps;

@ Preds

vs Stars

@ Devils

@ NYI

@ Blues

@ Hurricanes

vs Hawks

vs Lightning

Leafs:

vs Flames

vs Bruins

vs Jets

@ Lightning

@ Panthers

@ Senators

Jackets:

vs Avs

@ Flyers

vs Hawks

vs NYI

vs PHX

@ Stars

@ Lightning

@ Panthers

Man oh man do the Wings have a tough schedule coming up. The bolded are pretty much must wins since the rest our remaining schedule is very tough. Luckily Jackets & Caps have some tough games coming up as well. I think 5-3 or 4-3-1 record is a must to get us in the playoffs.

Beat me to it, wanted to so something similiar so here it goes for the Wings:

Red Wings:

vs Lighting

vs Bruins

vs Sabers

@ Habs

@ Sabers

@ Penguins

vs Hurricanes

@ Blues

italic = overtime loss so + 1 point

So that would be + 10 points putting this team at 92 on the season could be enough but it will depend on how the Caps and Leafs are playing from here on out.

Definitely not counting the Leafs out. Just wanted to know what we'd be looking forward to should our dreams come true. Personally, I'd want the Pens, but I'm interested to see how we do against the Bruins this week. If we play them well, maybe we do legitimately match up well against them and our winning record against them isn't a fluke.

Isn't it inter division play for the first two rounds? I think we have to play Boston either way.

Isn't it inter division play for the first two rounds? I think we have to play Boston either way.

No because it's possible two teams from our division are the wildcard (i.e. Wings and Leafs) or that the Wings finish in the last wildcard spot. Wings will get the Penguins if they finish in the 2nd wildcard because the best team in the East gets the worst wildcard regardless of division. In theory the Wings could come out of the Metropolitan Division to meet the Atlantic Division winner in the East Conference Final.

I believe the BoG wants to address this next year so that teams stay in their divsion if possible (i.e. if it's not two wildcard teams from the same division).

Edited by T-Ruff

No because it's possible two teams from our division are the wildcard (i.e. Wings and Leafs) or that the Wings finish in the last wildcard spot. Wings will get the Penguins if they finish in the 2nd wildcard because the best team in the East gets the worst wildcard regardless of division. In theory the Wings could come out of the Metropolitan Division to meet the Atlantic Division winner in the East Conference Final.

I believe the BoG wants to address this next year so that teams stay in their divsion if possible (i.e. if it's not two wildcard teams from the same division).

The whole system is dumb and confusing. It should be top team in each division guaranteed a spot, after that you have to earn it, and then the same playoffs format that has worked for years, not top 4 teams in each division. You'll see teams in one division not making the playoffs even though they have 4 points more then a team making the playoffs in the other division

The whole system is dumb and confusing. It should be top team in each division guaranteed a spot, after that you have to earn it, and then the same playoffs format that has worked for years, not top 4 teams in each division. You'll see teams in one division not making the playoffs even though they have 4 points more then a team making the playoffs in the other division

Only 3 teams per division are guaranteed. The wild card spots are supposed to prevent a situation like that. It won't be perfect every year though. This year it looks like it will work out

Hopefully some of them find their brains again, screw this nonsense and go back to the old formula..

Agreed, the old playoff format was much better. What's the point of emphasizing divisional matchups if a team could spend the first two rounds outside of their own division? You also get punished for being in tougher divisions by the top three seeds automatically qualifying regardless.

Some of the higher teams whose standing in the playoff seeding can't change might let up on the gas so those tough games might not be that tough. They might rest starters or go with backup goalie.

Not everyone does that. You have to remember some teams are still battling for top seeds and also want to go into the playoffs on a high note. It's ok to rest guys but teams like Boston and St. Louis will still play hard.

Yup. Caps only get one point. We have a nice 3 point lead on Washington right now, and 4 on Toronto. Good times!!!!!!!!

Washington has Dallas next. Another playoff bubble team. Hopefully, the Stars take them to the wood shed.

Not everyone does that. You have to remember some teams are still battling for top seeds and also want to go into the playoffs on a high note. It's ok to rest guys but teams like Boston and St. Louis will still play hard.

Mr. post happy top prospect, read my post ... didn't I say 'some'?

Edited by RedWingsRox

Our 7 games left offers us a maybe easier route than we think;

In reality Pens, Bruins and the Blues have locked up their places already, and apart from a complete meltdown the Habs are in as well. By the time we play the Canes they will be ought of the running which leaves 2 games against the worst team in the NHL i the Sabres, so all in all it should be plain sailing. ?