• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

Rate this topic

Our 7 games left offers us a maybe easier route than we think;

In reality Pens, Bruins and the Blues have locked up their places already, and apart from a complete meltdown the Habs are in as well. By the time we play the Canes they will be ought of the running which leaves 2 games against the worst team in the NHL i the Sabres, so all in all it should be plain sailing. ?

By the time we play the Pens we should have players back, and they will be Malkinless. Bruins and Blues are not gonna sit back. Those are two teams hell bent on playing at a high level going into the playoffs. The Bruins had a scare last year from coasting into the first round. They won't make that mistake again. Habs are playing well. Should be able to match them with a couple more bodies back in the lineup.

Teams like the Canes and Sabres are the ones you gotta be careful with this time of year. Teams out of the hunt love to play spoiler, and there are always players who are playing for jobs next season.

In the end, it will be great to steal a point vs the Bruins and Blues. Gotta escape those games without any injuries. Blues game especially will be a good game to get ready for the first round. Bad news if making the playoffs comes down to that game though.

Pens I think the Wings will give them all they can handle. Could go either way really. The game with the Habs would be very nice to win. Wings are definitely capable, as we came close last time while not playing well at all. Sabres and Canes are my biggest worry. They HAVE to show up and not take them lightly. Losing those games could be costly.

I wonder how the game with the Pens might go. Currently, that is the most likely 1st round matchup. Will the Pens go all out, wanting to get confidence for the playoffs, will they play a little bit differently than they plan on playing in the first round as to not tip their hand, etc. With Malkin out, it's going to look different anyway (that said, no guarantee he's ready to go by playoffs).

I predicted the finish of the three other teams realistically in the race and believe the number to beat is 88, meaning in the next 7 games we need 4 points or better. I predict the following outcomes to the following games

Caps;

vs Stars - L

@ Devils- W

@ NYI- W

@ Blues- L

@ Hurricanes- W

vs Hawks- L

vs Lightning- OTL

Leafs:

vs Flames - W

vs Bruins- L

vs Jets- OTL

@ Lightning- L

@ Panthers- W

@ Senators- W

Jackets:

vs Avs- OTL

@ Flyers- W

vs Hawks- OTL

vs NYI- W

vs PHX- L

@ Stars- W

@ Lightning- L

@ Panthers- W

Devils:

vs Panthers- W

@Sabres- W

vs Capitals- L

@Hurricanes-W

vs Flames- OTL

@Senators- L

vs Islanders- W

vs Bruins- L

Senators:

vs Hurricanes- OTL

vs Islanders- W

vs Canadiens- L

@Rangers- L

@Islanders- W

vs Devils- W

vs Leafs- L

@Penguins- W

Hurricanes:

@Senators- W

@Penguins- L

vs Stars- L

vs Devils- L

@Rangers- L

vs Capitals- OTL

@Red Wings- ?

@Flyers- W

With these predictions the following is how the teams around us will finish up.

CBJ- 92

Caps- 88

TOR- 87

NJ-86

OTT- 85

Car- 80

Just giving you guys a heads up They're showing NHL Center Ice for free, I'm assuming for the whole week. I've had center ice every year for the past 6 except this one. I have comcast so the channels start at 771. Flipping through all the games right now. Go Stars, Avs and Flames!

Just giving you guys a heads up They're showing NHL Center Ice for free, I'm assuming for the whole week. I've had center ice every year for the past 6 except this one. I have comcast so the channels start at 771. Flipping through all the games right now. Go Stars, Avs and Flames!

Thanks for the heads up! Also, I found that they are showing the Toronto game in HD on channel 1750.

Thanks for heads up

Edited by Wings10

TOR won but ''lumbus lost in OT. Washington lost. Even if the Devils win in OT they still don't have enough points to catch us or the BJs.

So they all stay behind us in the standings.

We need another win tomorrow, and then we need the Bruins to rebound from their loss against us with a win against Toronto on Thursday.

Edited by e_prime

Ex Red Wing Leino gives us a little help and scores the shootout winner against New Jersey, that's great. Columbus gets a point. Toronto gets two. Washington 0 and NJ gets one. Not bad. We're still in that 7th spot with a HUGE game tomorrow. Go Wings!