Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#201 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:36 AM

the coming 3 game homestand will determine our season. 3 wins and were in pole.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#202 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

Nice to see Boston up 3-0 on Washington with the 2nd almost over.

#203 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

Nice to see Boston up 3-0 on Washington with the 2nd almost over.

Chimera scores with 10 seconds left in the 2nd.  Let's hope that wasn't one of those last minute goals that hand all momentum to the opposition.

#204 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:23 PM

This playoff push is becoming the race to lose less games, not the race to win more. Everyone is losing!

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#205 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

This playoff push is becoming the race to lose less games, not the race to win more. Everyone is losing!

With how inconsistent the Caps, Leafs, Wings, and Jackets are the teams that can put a little 3 game  winning streak will make it. I will say Leafs might have to go a 5 game winning streak since they have played 75 games instead of 73 like the rest of the teams.

EDIT: It's funny in a way too. Usually there is no room for error in a situation like this, but everyone keeps losing together or winning together. NJ might still have a chance as well.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 29 March 2014 - 01:39 PM.

#206 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

With how inconsistent the Caps, Leafs, Wings, and Jackets are the teams that can put a little 3 game  winning streak will make it. I will say Leafs might have to go a 5 game winning streak since they have played 75 games instead of 73 like the rest of the teams.

EDIT: It's funny in a way too. Usually there is no room for error in a situation like this, but everyone keeps losing together or winning together. NJ might still have a chance as well.

3 or 4 points from Detroit this weekend will probably have them in pretty good shape, especially if Washington loses today

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#207 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

Thank you Boston!

Not sure if someone posted the link to NHL's If Playoffs Started Today page. Man oh man us against the Bruins, that's a hard first round.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 29 March 2014 - 02:10 PM.

#208 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Couldn't have asked for a better 24 hours. Hopefully the Wings take advantage of it tonight!

#209 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

No doubt. Win the next two games and we're sittin pretty

#210 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

Things can change so quickly with so many teams still in it with so many games still to go.  Winning tonight or losing tonight won't determine anything, unfortunately.  While winning would be preferable, we're not in if we get 4 points this weekend. They're also not out of it if they come out of the weekend without any points. 

#211 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

Things can change so quickly with so many teams still in it with so many games still to go.  Winning tonight or losing tonight won't determine anything, unfortunately.  While winning would be preferable, we're not in if we get 4 points this weekend. They're also not out of it if they come out of the weekend without any points. 

if i would have known that, I would have just said hey, wings. no need to win any games at all this year. they don't mean anything.

I understand securing 4 points this weekend would not guarantee us a spot, saying it will not determine anything is off base. having games in hand and using those games to create some space in the standings for a wild card spot is absolutely crucial, there is no doubt if they win tonight it determines our playoff hopes will still be alive.

#212 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

if i would have known that, I would have just said hey, wings. no need to win any games at all this year. they don't mean anything.

I understand securing 4 points this weekend would not guarantee us a spot, saying it will not determine anything is off base. having games in hand and using those games to create some space in the standings for a wild card spot is absolutely crucial, there is no doubt if they win tonight it determines our playoff hopes will still be alive.

Well said. If we win tn it puts us 2 up on Toronto with 2 games in hand still which is huge. If the leafs lose tn they are all but out of it so it'll be down to us , Columbus and the caps. We would also go 2 points up on the caps and the jackets if they lose tn. This game is huge therefore.

#213 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

Thank you Boston!

Not sure if someone posted the link to NHL's If Playoffs Started Today page. Man oh man us against the Bruins, that's a hard first round.

They said we had no chance against Anaheim last year, we beat them. They said we had no chance against Chicago last year, we took them to game 7 OT and they scored a lucky goal. Playoffs are a different beast regardless of where you seed during the season.

#214 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

They said we had no chance against Anaheim last year, we beat them. They said we had no chance against Chicago last year, we took them to game 7 OT and they scored a lucky goal. Playoffs are a different beast regardless of where you seed during the season.

And to top that off, with Pav and Hank back, we have a really really good group of forwards. There is no doubt our speed game would give us an edge over their physical game and I think we could upset them tbh.

#215 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

The Leafs are out of it if they lose tonight?  Really?  Did I miss something?  So they'll be 2 points out of a spot with 7 games remaining, yet they're all but out of it? 

#216 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 05:45 PM

The Leafs are out of it if they lose tonight?  Really?  Did I miss something?  So they'll be 2 points out of a spot with 7 games remaining, yet they're all but out of it? 

With Detroit and Columbus with 2 games in hand. So yes, Toronto's hopes all but hinge on winning tonight. Their chances of getting in if they lose tonight are very slim. Mathematically they would be in it, but lets be realistic here.

#217 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, so Toronto has the possibility of getting 12 points after tonight and the Wings and BJ's 14, and Toronto is 2 points back if they lose tonight.  I guess there's some new math I'm not aware of.  Where was Toronto 2 weeks ago and where are they now?  So 2 weeks from now every thing can look totally different. 

#218 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Yeah, so Toronto has the possibility of getting 12 points after tonight and the Wings and BJ's 14, and Toronto is 2 points back if they lose tonight.  I guess there's some new math I'm not aware of.  Where was Toronto 2 weeks ago and where are they now?  So 2 weeks from now every thing can look totally different. 

Nobody is saying they can't make it if they lose tonight. They are saying it is as unlikely as Cbus or Detroit having a Leaf-esque meltdown. not to mention Cbus and Detroit also hold the tiebreaker over the Leafs

#219 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:20 PM

Columbus or Detroit doesn't have to have a long losing streak.  The Leafs would only be 2 points back.  The two games in hand don't mean a whole lot if they don't win them as we've seen already. 

#220 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Edit: Too bad columbus won.

Edited by Nevermind, 29 March 2014 - 08:41 PM.