• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

OP updated. Things are getting interesting with PHI and NYR because CBJ and DET can potentially pass them.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Detroit can't pass philly in the standings unless cbj passes them too

Yes, I know.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

There's now a 3 way tie with DET PHI and CBJ. I know we can't pass both of them, but it at least improves our odds of getting the #1 Wild Card spot.

Meh. Columbus actually needs to make the playoffs to help grow the game in Ohio. Continually losing year in and year out is not good at all. For that reason, I hope they actually get out of the first round this year.

It's going to be tough for them after the news today. Horton is out for 6 weeks. Plus, they are something like 0-7-1 in their last 8 meetings with the Pens.

Eddie O is such a POS. Watching the Pens/Flyers game, and he word for word just said, while talking about the Red Wings: "Welcome to the Eastern Conference. Having to play Boston in the first round" literally laughing as he said it. Absolute joke this guy gets to do color for national broadcast games.

Eddie O is such a POS. Watching the Pens/Flyers game, and he word for word just said, while talking about the Red Wings: "Welcome to the Eastern Conference. Having to play Boston in the first round" literally laughing as he said it. Absolute joke this guy gets to do color for national broadcast games.

All the sweeter when we beat the Bruins. And it just makes him look stupid anyway considering how terrible the east is relative to the west, which we dominated for so long. Though I'm sure by now he's used to looking stupid for the things he says.

Since Philly won today, if Columbus wins, Detroit is locked into the #2 WC.

If Columbus loses in regulation, Detroit will require at least 1 point tomorrow for the #1 WC spot.

If Columbus loses in OT or SO, Detroit will require 2 points tomorrow for the #1 WC spot.

Edited by rrasco

Really hoping Columbus loses tonight. The Blues have been playing awful, and will be missing a lot of key players for tomorrow night. Opportunity is there is Columbus doesn't get 2 points tonight.

Oulette and Sproul have also been called up

EDIT: I hope people are getting those Bruins photoshops ready :lol:

Edited by marcaractac

Hate to say it but my prediction is Bruins in 6, maybe 5. No Zetterberg or Ericsson, going to favor Boston. Our defense is a mess and Howard isn't better than Rask. And of course anything can happen and I hope to God I'm wrong but I just don't see the Wings winning this one.

Hate to say it but my prediction is Bruins in 6, maybe 5. No Zetterberg or Ericsson, going to favor Boston. Our defense is a mess and Howard isn't better than Rask. And of course anything can happen and I hope to God I'm wrong but I just don't see the Wings winning this one.

Agreed. With both of those two playing, I would seriously like the Wings chances of winning the series. Z is a playoff beast and E is really necessary to make the defense somewhat steady. The Bruins are a machine and I don't trust the Wings defense at all right now, let alone against a deep and big forward group.

Jimmy is going to have to be the goalie from last year's playoffs for any shot. Regardless, I'm stoked just to see playoff hockey from the Red Wings. They really shouldn't be there at all given the way the regular season went, so anything they do now is a bonus.

Nobody picked the Wings to beat the Ducks last season, either. I sure didn't. Like you said, anything can happen. Either team could win in four.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Nobody picked the Wings to beat the Ducks last season, either. I sure didn't. Like you said, anything can happen. Either team could win in four.

You do realize Zetterberg was a beast in that series? He won't be available for round 1. Pretty much only reason I'm picking the Bruins is because we don't have Z or E. If we did, the Wings could probably win this series.