• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#141 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

It's annoying when people say we don't need any help. We're not as great as you think we are, especially with the injuries....

Like I said, help is on the way with players soon returning. If this team is gonna depend on other teams fighting for a playoff spot to lose games, then I'm afraid I have some bad news. How quickly people forget how Columbus was down the stretch last season. a Lot of our remaining games are against the teams we are competing with. That's about all the help we're gonna get. People need to realize that.

#142 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:01 PM

Like I said, help is on the way with players soon returning. If this team is gonna depend on other teams fighting for a playoff spot to lose games, then I'm afraid I have some bad news. How quickly people forget how Columbus was down the stretch last season. a Lot of our remaining games are against the teams we are competing with. That's about all the help we're gonna get. People need to realize that.

Those players are not even cleared for contact yet, and most are not even skating. Like I said we may not WANT help, but we certainly need it. I have faith that our team will give it all they have, but they still need a bit of luck to make playoffs.

#143 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

I'm having a hard time knowing where your head is at. If you don't think we need help, just say it. You're trying to play both sides.

#144 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Those players are not even cleared for contact yet, and most are not even skating. Like I said we may not WANT help, but we certainly need it. I have faith that our team will give it all they have, but they still need a bit of luck to make playoffs.

Columbus and the Leafs are the big threats. People could go on about the Devils all they want. They'd have to all but win the rest of their games at this point. The Leafs are giving us more than enough help. We beat Cbus, and we beat the Leafs, there isn't a whole lot to worry about as long as the Wings don't s*** the bed.

I'm having a hard time knowing where your head is at. If you don't think we need help, just say it. You're trying to play both sides.

I just have faith in the team. We can't sit around and depend on other teams to lose for us to make it. They have to go out there and work for wins. There is no playing both sides here. The teams behind us are just as desperate, and sans the Leafs won't do a whole lot of losing. The Wings have to win games. They control their own fate. 

#145 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:14 PM

Columbus and the Leafs are the big threats. People could go on about the Devils all they want. They'd have to all but win the rest of their games at this point. The Leafs are giving us more than enough help. We beat Cbus, and we beat the Leafs, there isn't a whole lot to worry about as long as the Wings don't s*** the bed.

I just have faith in the team. We can't sit around and depend on other teams to lose for us to make it. They have to go out there and work for wins. There is no playing both sides here. The teams behind us are just as desperate, and sans the Leafs won't do a whole lot of losing. The Wings have to win games. They control their own fate.

If the leafs didn't go on a 5 game losing streak we wouldn't be in as good of a situation as we currently are in ...I understand what your saying , if we do our job from here on out and win our games were good

But we also need other teams to lose like toronto Columbus rangers Washington .... Teams around us

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 24 March 2014 - 10:23 PM.

#146 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

The only way Philly or Rangers games matter is if Columbus passes them. Otherwise they are guaranteed their spots because of their seeding in their divisions.

Right now the teams that matter are Us, Columbus, Toronto, Washington and New Jersey.

Yes but if rangers and flyers guarantee themselves a top 3 spot in there division then Columbus Washington nj have to fight us to get in .... Where I'd like to see and flyers and nyr lose some games so Columbus and others can all battle each other out and we can hopefully pass them all and be worry free and although a long shot get back in the top 3 in our division

#147 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:21 PM

I'd the leafs didn't go in a 5 game losing streak we wouldn't be in as good of a situation as we currently are in ...I understand what your saying , if we do our job from here on out and win our games were good

But we also need other teams to lose like toronto Columbus rangers Washington .... Teams around us

And where we play those teams, then we're just gonna have to beat the aren't we?

Some here seem to act as if I'm saying if the teams chasing us win all their remaining games we're still good. I didn't think I had to spell out the obvious. The teams chasing us are gonna win more than they will lose. All I'm saying is the Wings can't count on other teams losing, and they just need to worry about their own games. 

The Wings will lose games. So will the teams chasing us. When it comes down to it, they have to worry about their own business, and I simply have faith that they will pull it off. 

Yes but if rangers and flyers guarantee themselves a top 3 spot in there division then Columbus Washington nj have to fight us to get in .... Where I'd like to see and flyers and nyr lose some games so Columbus and others can all battle each other out and we can hopefully pass them all and be worry free and although a long shot get back in the top 3 in our division

We just have to beat Columbus tomorrow night. Some breathing room, and a lot less depending on other teams to do the work for us.

#148 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,916 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:26 PM

And where we play those teams, then we're just gonna have to beat the aren't we?

Some here seem to act as if I'm saying if the teams chasing us win all their remaining games we're still good. I didn't think I had to spell out the obvious. The teams chasing us are gonna win more than they will lose. All I'm saying is the Wings can't count on other teams losing, and they just need to worry about their own games. 

The Wings will lose games. So will the teams chasing us. When it comes down to it, they have to worry about their own business, and I simply have faith that they will pull it off. 

We just have to beat Columbus tomorrow night. Some breathing room, and a lot less depending on other teams to do the work for us.

yes obviously the wings can't count on other teams losing, no one said they could. All anyone is saying is that with a little help we make the playoffs, i.e. the leafs losing 5 games in a row, or columbus losing consecutive games, philly hopefully loses some consecutive games. You giving us a chance to make up some ground. We can't beat teams we don't play so we can hope for a little help from the teams that are playing the teams we need to lose. 

#149 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Ya tomorrow is a big time game in our season we have to win it all costs and I get it that we need to just win and were in but we also need teams to lose .... If we win tomorrow and stl beats toronto were up 2 on them with games in hands so it's huge

As we still have like 10 games left I'd say we also need help ..When were down till like final 3 games and we win were in we can depend on ourselves alone

I doubt we'd pull a boston and go on a 10 game win streak ..... Although that would just solve everything lol

As for our players returning at this rate I wouldn't expect anybody back the way this seasons going until we got like 5 games left

Anybody heard anything on datsyuk or weiss?

#150 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

yes obviously the wings can't count on other teams losing, no one said they could. All anyone is saying is that with a little help we make the playoffs, i.e. the leafs losing 5 games in a row, or columbus losing consecutive games, philly hopefully loses some consecutive games. You giving us a chance to make up some ground. We can't beat teams we don't play so we can hope for a little help from the teams that are playing the teams we need to lose. 

That's as big a gift as anyone could hope for  :lol:

#151 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 10:34 PM

That's as big a gift as anyone could hope for  :lol:

We should send James reimer a bottle of jack Daniels to say thanks lol

#152 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

I wouldn't bank on us winning the remainder of our games. It isn't going to be easy for us to get any kind of playoff spot we need all the help we can get

#153 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

well after tonights scores it looks like one of the 2 wild card spots is the best we can do. Both Tampa and the Habs are 4 games clear

of us. Still think 6 wins from the last 11 will get us in.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#154 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

The odds say we need to be .500 or better for the last 11 games of the season to get a playoff spot. We could even make it with a sub .500 record as long as we take a few of them to OT.

Nobody is saying we can't use help but just as we can't expect to go 11-0 til the end of the season its not realistic to expect our competition to go 0-10 or 0-9.

I'll take any help we can get but really all the Wings have to worry about is winning as many of the remaining games as they can...Their fate is in their own hands.

Its teams like New Jersey and to a lesser extent Washington who NEED help to get a spot. Even Toronto is dangerously close to that category.

#155 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:09 AM

According to Sportsclubstats.

The minimum record and # of pts the competing teams will most likely need to maintain playoff chances above 50%. The bracketed number at the end is their playoff chances if they finish with that record.

Detroit - (5-5-1) 11 pts (11 games) (71%)............. If we go 5-6 our odds are (48.5%) 

Toronto - (5-3-1) 11 pts (9 games) (55%)

Columbus - (6-5-0) 12 pts (11 games) (51.1%)

Washington - (6-4) 12 pts (10 games) (51.1%)

New Jersey - (7-1-2) 16 pts (10 games) (61%)

#156 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:25 AM

According to Sportsclubstats.

The minimum record and # of pts the competing teams will most likely need to maintain playoff chances above 50%. The bracketed number at the end is their playoff chances if they finish with that record.

Detroit - (5-5-1) 11 pts (11 games) (71%)............. If we go 5-6 our odds are (48.5%) 
Toronto - (5-3-1) 11 pts (9 games) (55%)
Columbus - (6-5-0) 12 pts (11 games) (51.1%)
Washington - (6-4) 12 pts (10 games) (51.1%)
New Jersey - (7-1-2) 16 pts (10 games) (61%)

So we want to get to 91 points. 92 or 93 almost guarantees it, so 6-5 or 6-4-1

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#157 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:31 AM

So we want to get to 91 points. 92 or 93 almost guarantees it, so 6-5 or 6-4-1

92 pts puts our chances at between 85.4% and  87.7 %

93 pts puts our chances at between 95.1% and 96.9%

94 and up puts us at or above 99% 

#158 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

OP has been updated.

#159 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:36 PM

Toronto winning, Washington winning. Damn.

#160 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Hopefully kings game and red wings game have similar fates with the bad guys blowing their 2 goal lead