• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

Around The League - Eastern Conference Playoff Race

Rate this topic

Nice to see Boston up 3-0 on Washington with the 2nd almost over.

Chimera scores with 10 seconds left in the 2nd. Let's hope that wasn't one of those last minute goals that hand all momentum to the opposition.

This playoff push is becoming the race to lose less games, not the race to win more. Everyone is losing!

With how inconsistent the Caps, Leafs, Wings, and Jackets are the teams that can put a little 3 game winning streak will make it. I will say Leafs might have to go a 5 game winning streak since they have played 75 games instead of 73 like the rest of the teams.

EDIT: It's funny in a way too. Usually there is no room for error in a situation like this, but everyone keeps losing together or winning together. NJ might still have a chance as well.

Edited by dragonballgtz

With how inconsistent the Caps, Leafs, Wings, and Jackets are the teams that can put a little 3 game winning streak will make it. I will say Leafs might have to go a 5 game winning streak since they have played 75 games instead of 73 like the rest of the teams.

EDIT: It's funny in a way too. Usually there is no room for error in a situation like this, but everyone keeps losing together or winning together. NJ might still have a chance as well.

3 or 4 points from Detroit this weekend will probably have them in pretty good shape, especially if Washington loses today

Guest Playmaker

Things can change so quickly with so many teams still in it with so many games still to go. Winning tonight or losing tonight won't determine anything, unfortunately. While winning would be preferable, we're not in if we get 4 points this weekend. They're also not out of it if they come out of the weekend without any points.

Things can change so quickly with so many teams still in it with so many games still to go. Winning tonight or losing tonight won't determine anything, unfortunately. While winning would be preferable, we're not in if we get 4 points this weekend. They're also not out of it if they come out of the weekend without any points.

if i would have known that, I would have just said hey, wings. no need to win any games at all this year. they don't mean anything.

I understand securing 4 points this weekend would not guarantee us a spot, saying it will not determine anything is off base. having games in hand and using those games to create some space in the standings for a wild card spot is absolutely crucial, there is no doubt if they win tonight it determines our playoff hopes will still be alive.

if i would have known that, I would have just said hey, wings. no need to win any games at all this year. they don't mean anything.

I understand securing 4 points this weekend would not guarantee us a spot, saying it will not determine anything is off base. having games in hand and using those games to create some space in the standings for a wild card spot is absolutely crucial, there is no doubt if they win tonight it determines our playoff hopes will still be alive.

Well said. If we win tn it puts us 2 up on Toronto with 2 games in hand still which is huge. If the leafs lose tn they are all but out of it so it'll be down to us , Columbus and the caps. We would also go 2 points up on the caps and the jackets if they lose tn. This game is huge therefore.

Thank you Boston!

Not sure if someone posted the link to NHL's If Playoffs Started Today page. Man oh man us against the Bruins, that's a hard first round.

They said we had no chance against Anaheim last year, we beat them. They said we had no chance against Chicago last year, we took them to game 7 OT and they scored a lucky goal. Playoffs are a different beast regardless of where you seed during the season.

They said we had no chance against Anaheim last year, we beat them. They said we had no chance against Chicago last year, we took them to game 7 OT and they scored a lucky goal. Playoffs are a different beast regardless of where you seed during the season.

And to top that off, with Pav and Hank back, we have a really really good group of forwards. There is no doubt our speed game would give us an edge over their physical game and I think we could upset them tbh.

Guest Playmaker

The Leafs are out of it if they lose tonight? Really? Did I miss something? So they'll be 2 points out of a spot with 7 games remaining, yet they're all but out of it?

The Leafs are out of it if they lose tonight? Really? Did I miss something? So they'll be 2 points out of a spot with 7 games remaining, yet they're all but out of it?

With Detroit and Columbus with 2 games in hand. So yes, Toronto's hopes all but hinge on winning tonight. Their chances of getting in if they lose tonight are very slim. Mathematically they would be in it, but lets be realistic here.

Guest Playmaker

Yeah, so Toronto has the possibility of getting 12 points after tonight and the Wings and BJ's 14, and Toronto is 2 points back if they lose tonight. I guess there's some new math I'm not aware of. Where was Toronto 2 weeks ago and where are they now? So 2 weeks from now every thing can look totally different.

Yeah, so Toronto has the possibility of getting 12 points after tonight and the Wings and BJ's 14, and Toronto is 2 points back if they lose tonight. I guess there's some new math I'm not aware of. Where was Toronto 2 weeks ago and where are they now? So 2 weeks from now every thing can look totally different.

Nobody is saying they can't make it if they lose tonight. They are saying it is as unlikely as Cbus or Detroit having a Leaf-esque meltdown. not to mention Cbus and Detroit also hold the tiebreaker over the Leafs

Guest Playmaker

Columbus or Detroit doesn't have to have a long losing streak. The Leafs would only be 2 points back. The two games in hand don't mean a whole lot if they don't win them as we've seen already.

Guest Playmaker

13% chance the Leafs make the playoffs. You were saying?

Nothing has changed. The Leafs are not out of it, NJ is not out of it. 13% is not 0%. Sorry, seen these scenarios way too many times. What were the Wings chances last year of making the playoffs? When they are mathematically eliminated, you know, like actual math, then it'll be over. Until then, I'm not counting anyone out.

Nothing has changed. The Leafs are not out of it, NJ is not out of it. 13% is not 0%. Sorry, seen these scenarios way too many times. What were the Wings chances last year of making the playoffs? When they are mathematically eliminated, you know, like actual math, then it'll be over. Until then, I'm not counting anyone out.

Dude, nobody is saying their chances are over. We're saying it is highly unlikely.

Guest Playmaker

What were the Wings chances of winning the cup after losing the first two games against Vancouver and being down in the first period in game 3 on the road? Its why they play the games because anything can happen.

What were the Wings chances of winning the cup after losing the first two games against Vancouver and being down in the first period in game 3 on the road? Its why they play the games because anything can happen.

That is also 2 teams playing a best of 7 against each other. A hell of a lot different than 2 teams playing their own schedules fighting for every point they can. Especially when one team only has 6 games left compared to the other teams 8.

Like I said. Nobody is saying the Leafs CAN'T make the playoffs. But the fact that they have to gain 3 points on the Wings in 6 games when the Wings have 8 to play, it just isn't likely. We get it. s*** happens. Doesn't mean we can't laugh at their chances. The Caps are the team to worry about. Even if Detroit gets just 1 point tomorrow, that would be 2 regulation wins more they'd have to get than Detroit in 2 less games.

Also kee in mind they need 2 of the teams ahead of them to s*** the bed to make it. Not just one.

Comparing their situation to the Wings in the 2002 playoffs would only work if the rest of the Leafs and Wings games were against each other.

Edited by marcaractac

Not to get ahead of things, but how do the wild cards seed in the playoffs? I keep forgetting. Does the second face the Bruins and the first face the Pens?

The Caps are the team to worry about.

That's what I've been telling you! lol.