• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

James Neal Cross-Check to Glendening's Head [GIF] - Suspension?

Rate this topic

Orpik isn't dirty at all, I don't know where you got that. Neal is, and Cooke was, so I get your point. But Brooks Orpik is not a dirty player.

I agree with you in that there should not have been suspensions handed out for last night's plays, but Orpik isn't exactly a clean player. Years ago he drilled Erik Cole from behind when Cole was still with the 'Canes. That was a very dirty play.

More recently, he threw a knee-on-knee hit on Derek Stepan of the Rangers. Pretty sure he threw a knee-on-knee on Franzen a while back, too. He talks an awful lot of trash for someone who probably hasn't even fought 15 times in his NHL career. When he does fight, he fights guys who are smaller than him and aren't close to experienced fighters like Joffrey Lupul and RJ Umberger. Orpik is trash.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

It makes you wonder if Neal would have received a suspension had Legwand not neutered Malkin with the end of his stick.

Either way, two wrongs don't make a right. A butt-end is a dangerous play, and in the case of Legwand, he targeted the groin of Malkin. Just like that cross check to the head should be zero tolerance as well. Both players should have been suspended 1-2 games each. They would have lost more money and been on the shelf for their disgusting behavior.

so if luke blatantly cross checks neal in the head next time we play the pens and neal gets a severe concussion luke will only get fined 5K.

this is such bs, luke didnt even see the cross check coming, im shocked he didnt get a concussion. to me this hit is just as bad as cooke hitting savard. i dont care about the result, it should be 100% about the intent.