• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

50 UP

Rate this topic

i keep a close eye on our former players and whilst Val is having a good season and Jiri so so, poor old Ville played his 50th game of the season the other night and still hasnt scored!! His 12 helpers is his sum total to date. In 37 games ex Wing Matt Ellis has 3+2 on the Sabres roster.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=31656

Who is Matt Ellis?

2002-03 Toledo Storm ECHL 71 27 32 59 34 16 7 3 5 8 0 2003-04 Grand Rapids Griffins AHL 64 5 10 15 23 -4 4 0 0 0 2 2004-05 Grand Rapids Griffins AHL 79 18 23 41 59 10 -- -- -- -- -- 2005-06 Grand Rapids Griffins AHL 74 20 28 48 61 18 16 4 1 5 20 2006-07 Grand Rapids Griffins AHL 65 26 23 49 44 0 7 4 3 7 4 2006-07 Detroit Red Wings NHL 16 0 0 0 6 -1 -- -- -- -- -- 2007-08 Detroit Red Wings NHL 35 2 4 6 12 1 -- -- -- -- --

Another former Wings player who made a mistake leaving is, Brunner he should have stayed with the Wings, the guy had 1 season under his belt(which wasn't even that good, but he looked better in the playoffs) and got greedy. Now he's stuck in a system that he doesn't fit in with. If he stayed here he might have kept growing, but instead he is stuck in NJ.

bad advice by his agent i would guess. RH shot badly needed on the top 6 for the Wings, he would gotten enough chance's with Detroit. He asked too much for his 1 season and the Wings went and got Alfie at more $ yes but Alfie's record speaks for itself. Brunner should have seen the long term goal instead of short term gain. As long as he's happy in Jersey i guess thats all that matters.

Another former Wings player who made a mistake leaving is, Brunner he should have stayed with the Wings, the guy had 1 season under his belt(which wasn't even that good, but he looked better in the playoffs) and got greedy. Now he's stuck in a system that he doesn't fit in with. If he stayed here he might have kept growing, but instead he is stuck in NJ.

He may not be stuck for long because you know how Holland likes to bring back former players.

Ville Leino is doing what it takes to get that #1 pick. He's the only one who really gets it. You mock him now, but one day, when the Sabres are the most dominant team in the modern era, you'll remember Ville Leino, the selfless hero who took it upon himself to turn the organization around and put it on the path to future glory. And you mocked him.

Josh Langfield - Matt Ellis - Matt Hussey... those glory days of 2006-2007 :)

If I'm not mistaken we actually tried to play this trio as our fourth line

When rival fans accuse us of over rating our current crop of prospects, the Matt Ellis era is the first thing I think of.