• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

Jordan staal or jeff skinner on the move?

Rate this topic

Darren dreger tweeted ...

..either Skinner or E.Staal also potentially in play. All depends on gm J.Rutherford's future and his decision to move up, stay same or out.

I was gonna suggested maybe going after skinner but after seeing his cap hit is almost 6 million and he's only 21 forget it ....what's wrong with Carolina geez

Based on talent alone, Skinner's worth the contract - the guy just can't stay healthy. On the flip side, I don't think Jordan's worth his deal.

Would probably take too much to get either guy.

Edit: Title said Jordan. I like Eric's skill, but that price tag is huge.

Edited by Jesusberg

Based on talent alone, Skinner's worth the contract - the guy just can't stay healthy. On the flip side, I don't think Jordan's worth his deal.

I think they're talking about moving Eric Staal, not Jordan.

He's a good player but he shouldn't be getting 5.7 million cap hit at 21 yrs old

When can we negotiate with nyquist on an extension?? After the seasons over?

5 yrs x 4 mill per? We wouldn't have to worry about him for 6 years

Tatar gets a previous kronwall type contract? 3 x 5 years ??

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

skinner would be nice if we are looking towards our future. but i have no clue what it would take to get him so maybe not.

I could see them accepting Goose straight up because of his lower price tag, maybe a 2nd thrown in but that might not be necessary. Or Kenny could trade Tatar + Weiss + 2nd for Skinner.

I think Weiss has become expendable with the emergence of Sheahan. I think Sheahan will become a good 2nd line center with 50 point production possibility.

E. Staal, no thank you!

Edited by dragonballgtz

I live in Carolina.

Ward is gonzo. Skinner will probably be traded for a D and carolina will regret it. There's no way they trade Eric Staal and not move his brother too.

Most people around here seem to think the problem lies squarely with Rutherford who's been the gm of the team since 94.

If Holland is capable - maybe he could fleece Carolina, and in some way return some form of payback when they signed Feds to that offer back in 1998.

As I understand it, the owner of the hurricanes and the owner of the wings do not get along. I believe both teams have made very few trades.

As I understand it, the owner of the hurricanes and the owner of the wings do not get along. I believe both teams have made very few trades.

Yup, Ilitch and Karmanos do not like one another. And now we're in the same conference.

It's a shame. I'd love any one of those three.