#1 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:58 AM

$5k each.  Neal needed more.

http://www.mlive.com...vid_legwan.html

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#2 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

$5,000 isn't even a slap on the wrist. It's a tummy tickle. So: cross-check someone in the face, get tickled. Good job, Shanny. Way to send a message.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#3 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:44 AM

I think Shanny took a little too many hits to the head.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#4 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

I think Shanny fears to be suspected of favoring the Wings, if he handed out a suspension against a player from Detroits opposition. I'm convinced of that, actually, since that scrub Cowen went unsuspended after ellbowing Pavs in the head...

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#5 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

I think Shanny fears to be suspected of favoring the Wings, if he handed out a suspension against a player from Detroits opposition. I'm convinced of that, actually, since that scrub Cowen went unsuspended after ellbowing Pavs in the head...

I always thought the same. The only one he did get right was when Abby got hit, but that one was too blatant and obvious to not suspend.

#6 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

$5,000 isn't even a slap on the wrist. It's a tummy tickle. So: cross-check someone in the face, get tickled. Good job, Shanny. Way to send a message.

You also get tickled for spearing a guy in the junk.  Both should probably have gotten a game off.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#7 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

Na, the penalties were enough.  The fines were within reason.  A suspension would have been over the top. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#8 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:56 AM

$5k each.  Neal needed more.

http://www.mlive.com...vid_legwan.html

They honestly could have both got more, but especially Neal I guess as he's a constant repeat offender.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#9 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:57 AM

that is ok... I do think Neal needs more than that being a repeat offender. However, I was afraid Legwand is going to get a couple of gaames too in this case.

Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#10 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

This has already been discussed in the Neal thread.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011