• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/23 GDT: Red Wings vs Wild

Rate this topic

Eager for this one to start. Lazy sunday.

Predictions andd general ramblings for today: Take them how you will :)

Goose will stay loose. Hopefully he pots a goal or 2. The kids really turning into a bonafide star. Never realized how seriously fast the kid can wheel until I saw him skate on those breakaways live from the 5th row at the Toronto game last Tuesday. Unbelievably fast jump to his top speed. We gotta get him practicing one timers for the PP and he'll be a 40-50 goal scorer next season with Z feeding him.

Legwand has been perfect in every sense of the word. I liked the trade when we made it and I love it now. Stepped into #1 C role on a new team and has what 7 points in 9 games? Even the butt end to Geno Malkin, an albeit risky but ballsy move that showed some snarl the team badly needs.Talk about proving yourself. He'll continue to dish the goose tonight. 2 helpers.

Mule has been scoreless for a couple games and is due for a hat trick. Thats what he does right? I want curly fries damnit. Feed the Mule. You can always tell when hes gonna have a good game if hes first in on the forecheck, hitting hard, and blocking shots. Thats when hes engaged and really trying. If we get that Mule we'll win more times than not.

Sheahans been great and is a much better passer than I ever expected him to be. Tatars gotta take care of the puck better but i still love his skill and determination. Luke Glendening, his offensive shortcomings aside has a job on this team and hes been doing it right. Killing penalties and pissing everyone on the other team off. Him keeping Sid scoreless really impressed me and moved him up in my book. Alfie is just mr clutch, only scores when the games onthe line and we really need him. I still wish hed shoot more like he did in he beginning of the season. But for an old man, hes damn effective.

Jimmy Howard: Now, i'll admit, im usually one of the first to curse his name when he does his customary 3rd period collapse. It truly makes me angry. But thinking about how badly the Defense usually hangs him out to dry i kindof feel bad. Jimmy is one of those all mental goalies. As soon as he gives up that first weak goal you can see it in his body language when hes going to play badly, and you can see when hes got the snap to his glove save and is jumping up from the butterfly with confidence. If he feels like hes the s***, which lately he has been, then hes that elite goalie we need going down the stretch.

Anyways. Aimless optimism aside. Wings win this one handily at the Joe. Feelin it. LGW.

Let's hope that yesterday's win doesn't make them over-confident. The Wild have been playing well. I was talking to a guy at the game yesterday and he said that he never under-estimates the Wings, but that everyone else thought that since we were so beat up that it would be a cake walk for the Wild to beat us.

If anyone wants to see pics I took at yesterday's game, they're here: http://s261.photobucket.com/user/55fan/library/Wings%202014?sort=3&start=all&page=1

I think the Wild will come out harder today since they'll have something to prove after yesterday. If the Wings give it a full 60, they'll win it.

Let's hope that yesterday's win doesn't make them over-confident. The Wild have been playing well. I was talking to a guy at the game yesterday and he said that he never under-estimates the Wings, but that everyone else thought that since we were so beat up that it would be a cake walk for the Wild to beat us.

If anyone wants to see pics I took at yesterday's game, they're here: http://s261.photobucket.com/user/55fan/library/Wings%202014?sort=3&start=all&page=1

I think the Wild will come out harder today since they'll have something to prove after yesterday. If the Wings give it a full 60, they'll win it.

I love how us that live away from Michigan make annual pilgrimages to Wings games.

I love how us that live away from Michigan make annual pilgrimages to Wings games.

When they come to Minnesota it's the only time I get to see the Wings. One guy I was sitting by was shocked to see how many Wings fans were at the game. Although had to deal with a 60 some year old lady that kept telling us to shut up and sit down when we scored.

I bet you were watching the Kronwall bit through cracks in your fingers with your teeth clenched.

Andersson in... Bert out with the Flu

By flu, I believe they mean being awful at hockey illness. I will give some credit and say Bert has been at least respectable on a line with Miller and Glendening lately.

Not a huge fan of Andersson either, but when Bert gets over his "illness", that should end the Ferraro experiment which is a positive.

Two points tonight! Can head into Columbus with a three point lead on Tuesday.