• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kipwinger

Blown Leads

Rate this topic

To be fair he's just slightly less cold then Franzen at the moment.

For one it's his first full year in the NHL, the other guy has played 8 full seasons. Tatar has played exceptionally well for his first year, and regarding on how things started out (being benched for Cleary / Sammy). Tatar has 33 points in 62 games, not disappointed with that at all considering his TOI and linemates for majority of the season.

For one it's his first full year in the NHL, the other guy has played 8 full seasons. Tatar has played exceptionally well for his first year, and regarding on how things started out (being benched for Cleary / Sammy). Tatar has 33 points in 62 games, not disappointed with that at all considering his TOI and linemates for majority of the season.

Ok, I'm gonna blame this on miscommunication. I didn't say Tatar has been bad, in fact he has had a remarkable year, nor did I compare him to Franzen. The only comparison I made was to their current production at this exact moment. Also I'm not disappointed in either player. Tatar has a bright future, and Franzen is Franzen; I'm not happy but I'm used to his cold streaks.

Guest Playmaker

I think younger players have the tendency to want to make something happen as opposed to sitting back and waiting for an opportunity to present itself and be patient as the Red Wings teams of old used to. Instead of clearing the zone or dumping it in, they tend to want to make a slick play. It tends to lead to more turnovers and odd man rushes.

I also think (not in a bashing way) that Howard doesn't seem to have confidence in his defense and vice versa.

I'm glad we're in a playoff position and lord knows I'd like to kick back and feel good about the fact that our team is playing decently well, but sadly I can't. Yesterday we left another point on the table after leading 2 to nothing in the first. In a race this tight we can't afford to give points away, but we blow leads every game.

It's Babs' stated goal to get early leads and then lock down defensively. As such, this shouldn't be happening. So, the topic for discussion is...why? Let's talk about problems, and let's talk about solutions. And for the love of god can this thread not devolve into a "Player X sucks" discussion, because surely we can all agree that if an entire team strategy is failing there are more issues than one or two players.

I guess get the lead and play the trap even though I hate the trap.