• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

I'd be easily willing to pay him north of 6.5 for 7 years he is that kind of a beast. Heck Backes even overpowers some other pwfs with his sheer strength he. Get him as a top 6 guy add Orr and Gazdic to our fourth line and that lineup becomes a pain in the ass to play against

I'm sure Datsyuk would LOVE having backes on his wing, could you imagine? I'm gonna go drool for a while, see us in a bit

#22 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm sure Datsyuk would LOVE having backes on his wing, could you imagine? I'm gonna go drool for a while, see us in a bit

That would be a great combo Backes creates the room and Pasha pulls off his usual magic

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#23 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

If he was a Wing, people would only complain about how he doesn't put up 30-35 goals and 70+ points a season like a "true" power forward.

Nah - we'd *****, and moan that he doesn't fight enough.

Power forward = 1 part scoring touch + 2 parts ass kicker.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#24 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

I'm hoping he smashes Toronto down tonight. Big time
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#25 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,246 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

For people wondering what I have against Backes, it's crap like this. 

St. Louis losing 3-0 with a little over 5 minutes left in the third period, Backes gets outmuscled by Mackinnon so he gets up and drops the gloves on the 18 year old rookie, pushes him down, then punches him when he's on the ice.  

Then there's Jackhole playing the toughguy with some gloved punches when a ref is right there. 

I would want to root for St. Louis, but just can't with those two d-bags on the roster. 

#26 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

I love Backes, but this is pretty indefensible.  Boo to him.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#27 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

See, I’ve always thought Backes played over the edge a little bit too much. I think he tries to hurt guys and I’m not a fan of that. 

But what happened with Mackinnon there was not huge deal. No punches, just some wrestling. Also, HNIC were implying that this was in retaliation for a Bordeleau hit on Shattenkirk earlier in the game. 

Also, IMO Mackinnon does not get a free pass just because he’s a kid. He’s one of their best players and he deserves the same treatment from Backes as say Crosby or Kane. Even though I like him waaaaay more than those two guys. 

But Jackman is, without a doubt, a p.o.s. Always has been. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#28 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,246 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

See, I’ve always thought Backes played over the edge a little bit too much. I think he tries to hurt guys and I’m not a fan of that. 

But what happened with Mackinnon there was not huge deal. No punches, just some wrestling. Also, HNIC were implying that this was in retaliation for a Bordeleau hit on Shattenkirk earlier in the game. 

Also, IMO Mackinnon does not get a free pass just because he’s a kid. He’s one of their best players and he deserves the same treatment from Backes as say Crosby or Kane. Even though I like him waaaaay more than those two guys. 

But Jackman is, without a doubt, a p.o.s. Always has been. 

Blues didn't like the hit on Shattenkirk, but it looked clean, maybe arms a little high.  And Mackinnon had nothing to do with that. 

This was gooning it up with 5 minutes left in a blowout game.   And for me that he's an 18 year old rookie does factor into it.  When you're a seasoned vet you don't go dropping the gloves on an 18 year old rookie who doesn't fight, especially when all he did was hold his own when you came at him and tried to knock him down. 

Backes was running around like a little ***** because they were losing. It's the kind of thing you'd expect from a 4th line scrub, not from the captain.   I didn't like it when Iginla did that to the Wings, and overall he is a lot more of a standup player than Backes.

#29 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

Backes stayed on top of him too long, but other then that not much happened. Jackman on the other hand is a giant dbag, I put him in the same category with Getzlaf; they both have that smug look that I just can't stand.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#30 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

As a huge Backes fan I didn't like it either, Hitchcock should look at the replay again. Bordelau threw a clean hit and Shattenkirk hurt himself with his own stick bad luck and well wishes but Backes acted like a monkey.

The Blues coach also said someone will go after Bordelau next time they are meeting so maybe that's Jackman? If the wannabe toughguy has at least a bit of a brain he shouldn't do it the only same goes for Backes, the only one who might do well against Bordelau is Reeves and even that's a long shot so let's see.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#31 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Blues were sending a message for the playoffs. Backes and Jackman were both idiots in that game. Hitchcock is such an ass.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke