• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

frankgrimes

Backes on playing against Malkin and Crosby

Rate this topic

See, I’ve always thought Backes played over the edge a little bit too much. I think he tries to hurt guys and I’m not a fan of that.

But what happened with Mackinnon there was not huge deal. No punches, just some wrestling. Also, HNIC were implying that this was in retaliation for a Bordeleau hit on Shattenkirk earlier in the game.

Also, IMO Mackinnon does not get a free pass just because he’s a kid. He’s one of their best players and he deserves the same treatment from Backes as say Crosby or Kane. Even though I like him waaaaay more than those two guys.

But Jackman is, without a doubt, a p.o.s. Always has been.

See, I’ve always thought Backes played over the edge a little bit too much. I think he tries to hurt guys and I’m not a fan of that.

But what happened with Mackinnon there was not huge deal. No punches, just some wrestling. Also, HNIC were implying that this was in retaliation for a Bordeleau hit on Shattenkirk earlier in the game.

Also, IMO Mackinnon does not get a free pass just because he’s a kid. He’s one of their best players and he deserves the same treatment from Backes as say Crosby or Kane. Even though I like him waaaaay more than those two guys.

But Jackman is, without a doubt, a p.o.s. Always has been.

Blues didn't like the hit on Shattenkirk, but it looked clean, maybe arms a little high. And Mackinnon had nothing to do with that.

This was gooning it up with 5 minutes left in a blowout game. And for me that he's an 18 year old rookie does factor into it. When you're a seasoned vet you don't go dropping the gloves on an 18 year old rookie who doesn't fight, especially when all he did was hold his own when you came at him and tried to knock him down.

Backes was running around like a little ***** because they were losing. It's the kind of thing you'd expect from a 4th line scrub, not from the captain. I didn't like it when Iginla did that to the Wings, and overall he is a lot more of a standup player than Backes.

Backes stayed on top of him too long, but other then that not much happened. Jackman on the other hand is a giant dbag, I put him in the same category with Getzlaf; they both have that smug look that I just can't stand.

As a huge Backes fan I didn't like it either, Hitchcock should look at the replay again. Bordelau threw a clean hit and Shattenkirk hurt himself with his own stick bad luck and well wishes but Backes acted like a monkey.

The Blues coach also said someone will go after Bordelau next time they are meeting so maybe that's Jackman? If the wannabe toughguy has at least a bit of a brain he shouldn't do it the only same goes for Backes, the only one who might do well against Bordelau is Reeves and even that's a long shot so let's see.