• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shinzaki

Callahan called up from GR.....

Rate this topic

It will be nice to have him in there against Columbus. Those f***ers take liberties like they're thef****** 70's Flyers. Be nice to throw a bit back at them, and win the game because they've had our number the last little while.

I completely disagree with this. Columbus plays a reasonably physical game, much like the Preds and Coyotes the last couple of years, but they don't "take liberties". They're middle of the road in penalty minutes, fights, a major penalties, and very low on the list of misconducts and game misconducts.

Hell their penalty minutes leader is Brandon Dubinsky...not exactly a notoriously dirty player.

So unless there's some sort of league wide conspiracy to help out the B.J.'s (not even sure the league knows there's a team in Columbus), they're certainly not being called for any of the "liberties" they take.

Edit: And speaking of taking liberties, anybody catch Milan Lucic's little temper tantrum after Alexei Emelin dared deliver a legal hipcheck? Apparently you're required to either A) fight everytime you play the Bruins, or B) Play like Cinderella. What a bawl baby.

Edited by kipwinger

I completely disagree with this. Columbus plays a reasonably physical game, much like the Preds and Coyotes the last couple of years, but they don't "take liberties". They're middle of the road in penalty minutes, fights, a major penalties, and very low on the list of misconducts and game misconducts.

Hell their penalty minutes leader is Brandon Dubinsky...not exactly a notoriously dirty player.

So unless there's some sort of league wide conspiracy to help out the B.J.'s (not even sure the league knows there's a team in Columbus), they're certainly not being called for any of the "liberties" they take.

Edit: And speaking of taking liberties, anybody catch Milan Lucic's little temper tantrum after Alexei Emelin dared deliver a legal hipcheck? Apparently you're required to either A) fight everytime you play the Bruins, or B) Play like Cinderella. What a bawl baby.

It's the disturbing trend that has plagued and continues to bring down the game in my eyes. A guy throws a completely legal, perfectly timed hit that looks really bad because either the receiving player A) wasn't expecting it or B) has his head down or C) just got completely smoked because the hit was that good.

Then everyone on the other side feels like they need to go beat up the guy who threw the legal check because they don't like the fact that their teammate is incompetent and got shown up. Makes me sick. That was a terrific hit by Emelin and it's a shame we don't see more like that. At least the officials shoved Chara in the box after he decided he wanted a piece of Emelin.

Edited by wings4thecup06

It's the disturbing trend that has plagued and continues to bring down the game in my eyes. A guy throws a completely legal, perfectly timed hit that looks really bad because either the receiving player A) wasn't expecting it or B) has his head down or C) just got completely smoked because the hit was that good.

Then everyone on the other side feels like they need to go beat up the guy who threw the legal check because they don't like the fact that their teammate is incompetent and got shown up. Makes me sick. That was a terrific hit by Emelin and it's a shame we don't see more like that. At least the officials shoved Chara in the box after he decided he wanted a piece of Emelin.

I completely agree. Here's Lucic's comments following the game. What a complete ******, he even so much as admits it was a clean hit. Guy sounds like a child. I had an older brother who used to play the "you scared?" and "Chicken!" game...when we 8 and 10 years old.

"Whether it's fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn't scared, he would stand up and hit me and not go after my knees," Lucic said. "It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you've got to keep your guard up at all times."

I completely agree. Here's Lucic's comments following the game. What a complete ******, he even so much as admits it was a clean hit. Guy sounds like a child. I had an older brother who used to play the "you scared?" and "Chicken!" game...when we 8 and 10 years old.

"Whether it's fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn't scared, he would stand up and hit me and not go after my knees," Lucic said. "It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you've got to keep your guard up at all times."

As I slowly lose respect for Lucic, I have to imagine that these comments were made in account of the animosity between Boston and Montreal made all the more bitter by the fact that they just ended their 12 game winning streak. But yea, sounds pretty stupid saying that. It was a clean hit, accept the fact that you got smoked.

As I slowly lose respect for Lucic, I have to imagine that these comments were made in account of the animosity between Boston and Montreal made all the more bitter by the fact that they just ended their 12 game winning streak. But yea, sounds pretty stupid saying that. It was a clean hit, accept the fact that you got smoked.

I've always respected the fact that Lucic played hard, but he's clearly one of the dumbest players in the league. I definitely lost a little love for the guy after this. Plus, I think the culture surrounding the Bruins doesn't help. They're like Philly, right there on the border between playing physical (which is fine) and gooning it up because that's "Bruins/Flyers" hockey.

Edit: Here's how you take a legal hip check like a man. Good on PK.

Edited by kipwinger

I'd love to have lucic on this team or another guy of his style. The lack of fighting is my major problem with babcocks style. It's certainly a change for some of the younger guys as Grand Rapids is certainly a tougher team

I've always respected the fact that Lucic played hard, but he's clearly one of the dumbest players in the league. I definitely lost a little love for the guy after this. Plus, I think the culture surrounding the Bruins doesn't help. They're like Philly, right there on the border between playing physical (which is fine) and gooning it up because that's "Bruins/Flyers" hockey.

Edit: Here's how you take a legal hip check like a man. Good on PK.

Same, I definitely admire his style of play and makes me pine for the days when Shanny was around. We could use some more guys like that.

That video of PK is awesome. He's such a great role model and character, wonder what will happen when his deal is up at the end of the year (RFA).

Same, I definitely admire his style of play and makes me pine for the days when Shanny was around. We could use some more guys like that.

That video of PK is awesome. He's such a great role model and character, wonder what will happen when his deal is up at the end of the year (RFA).

Seriously?!? Pk is one of the biggest babies in hockey, takes terrible penalties, and is very very easily rattled. He may be talented, but a role model? Having character? That's not pk you're talking about

Seriously?!? Pk is one of the biggest babies in hockey, takes terrible penalties, and is very very easily rattled. He may be talented, but a role model? Having character? That's not pk you're talking about

Ok, I know that I brought this up and so it's on me. And I definitely don't want to cut your views short. But let's not make this about Subban, we had enough of it during the Olympics. I'm sorry I brought it up, I just liked the way he responded after taking a hard hit.

My bad. Can we go back to Callahan now?

Fair enough, point taken. The video may have slightly blurred my views…..my bad.

Back to Callahan - hoping that with limited ice time he'll make an impact tonight.

UK did you intentionally copy basically my exact same post from hfboards or is that just a coincidence lol?

And it doesnt sound like hes necessarily going to play tonight now, only if someone cant go. If Emmerton is in at wing and Callahan isnt in I'll be rattled. Emmerton doesnt help this team win games, he is filler. Callahan could show something that is helpful

UK did you intentionally copy basically my exact same post from hfboards or is that just a coincidence lol?

And it doesnt sound like hes necessarily going to play tonight now, only if someone cant go. If Emmerton is in at wing and Callahan isnt in I'll be rattled. Emmerton doesnt help this team win games, he is filler. Callahan could show something that is helpful

I'm not comparing Emmerton and Callahan here because I've never seen Callahan play and by all accounts he's good defensively...but...Emmerton (while not being full time NHL material) is defensively responsible and skates well. Given the way he wants to play the game, Babs' has got mad love for a guy who skates well and is good defensively.

Ok, I know that I brought this up and so it's on me. And I definitely don't want to cut your views short. But let's not make this about Subban, we had enough of it during the Olympics. I'm sorry I brought it up, I just liked the way he responded after taking a hard hit.

My bad. Can we go back to Callahan now?

I agree absolutely, and you're right, in the video he responded well, and if he is turning over a new leaf good for him, I just would like to see that persona on ice as well as off ice. Anyways yes back to Callahan

Emmerton has been reassigned to GR so Cally is definitely IN tonight :D

Don't visit hfboards so no idea what I've copied :blind:

Yep hes in for sure tonight, good for him. I just read his parent swere scrambling to find a flight from LA to the game, good that they could find one. Hopefully the wings get a nice lead so that he can get a shot to show what he has a little bit.

And UK I posted those exact same clips plus another one over on HF saying hopefully we see some of this lol

Overall I was impressed with him in his debut. Went after Comeau at one point to stick up for Smith I bleieve. Made some nice defensive plays, skating looked solid, even had a couple chances. Set up Joker once with a really nice cross ice feed. He looked much more ready and impressed more than Ferraro I would say.

Hopefully he can stay in the line up over someone like Bert Thursday

Ya I was afraid this would happen , I was hoping we would have cally and jurco in tomorrow night vs the habs and bertuzzi in the press box

He's clearly done and should be sent off to join samuelsson and cleary in whatever cabin in the woods we are holding them off till the season ends

Rick, big difference here. bert is done. toast, finished, career over. Callahan is just beginning. maybe he becomes something, maybe not. we don't know. But he needs to play so we can find out. There are many reasons why he was a step slow. unfamiliar, nerves, told to focus on skating, etc....... I still think he is a 4th line checking guy, which is fine. maybe adds 10-15 goals per year. Great!

Whatever the case, Bertuzzi MUST NOT play another game... Keep Dirty Harry in and put Emmy back in if you have to, but NO WAY Bertuzzi laces up for another game. This playoff race is TOO important! Live and die with the kids is WAY better than just dying with Bertuzzi...

Rick, big difference here. bert is done. toast, finished, career over. Callahan is just beginning. maybe he becomes something, maybe not. we don't know. But he needs to play so we can find out. There are many reasons why he was a step slow. unfamiliar, nerves, told to focus on skating, etc....... I still think he is a 4th line checking guy, which is fine. maybe adds 10-15 goals per year. Great!

That’s my point. Hard to nitpick Callahan’s 5 minutes of ice time when Todd BerTANIC is floating around out there like no one told him he already sank many years ago.

I’d take Callahan at this point. I know Babcock likes his “big bodies” but Bert took a stupid careless penalty just because he refuses to keep his goddamn stick on the ice with TWO HANDS all the time. Plus he turned the puck over at least 6 times.

Edited by rick zombo

Whatever the case, Bertuzzi MUST NOT play another game... Keep Dirty Harry in and put Emmy back in if you have to, but NO WAY Bertuzzi laces up for another game. This playoff race is TOO important! Live and die with the kids is WAY better than just dying with Bertuzzi...

Who is Dirty Harry?