• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hopefully he comes in like a wrecking ball.

9yLPnFP.gif

#42 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Frightening.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#43 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,504 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

that gif is disturbing

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#44 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

Hopefully he comes in like a wrecking ball.

9yLPnFP.gif

I can't decide if that's clever or just plain creepy...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#45 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:41 PM

Aw s***!  That was the baddest fight I'd ever seen until Dallas Eakins and Taylor Hall had their tussle.  Talk about no-holds barred, did you see Eakins throw that towel at Hall?  Oh no you didn't!

While that was a doozy, I would have to argue that the Cleary one was worse. I mean, come on! Has anyone seen Cleary since? Does Cleary's knee injury mean that Babs has him caught in a bear trap somewhere? We as a fan base should demand answers. What has that evil doer Babcock done to our beloved Cleary?

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#46 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

It will be nice to have him in there against Columbus. Those f***ers take liberties like they're thef****** 70's Flyers. Be nice to throw a bit back at them, and win the game because they've had our number the last little while.

#NOMOREKINDL

#47 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I can't decide if that's clever or just plain creepy...

Creepy I'd definitely go with creepy...

And yet I can't stop watching... It'sf****** mesmerizing. It would be a great tool for hypnotists. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#48 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 06:01 PM

We'll see what he can bring. Not going to play a lot if any.
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#49 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:40 AM

News most pleasing. If only Jamie Tardif was with us this season....

Edited by uk_redwing, 25 March 2014 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#50 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Lets hope for some of this...

And some of this! Callahan is fearless. He doesn't just fight with one guy...

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#51 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:58 AM

It will be nice to have him in there against Columbus. Those f***ers take liberties like they're thef****** 70's Flyers. Be nice to throw a bit back at them, and win the game because they've had our number the last little while.

I completely disagree with this.  Columbus plays a reasonably physical game, much like the Preds and Coyotes the last couple of years, but they don't "take liberties".  They're middle of the road in penalty minutes, fights, a major penalties, and very low on the list of misconducts and game misconducts. 

Hell their penalty minutes leader is Brandon Dubinsky...not exactly a notoriously dirty player.

So unless there's some sort of league wide conspiracy to help out the B.J.'s (not even sure the league knows there's a team in Columbus), they're certainly not being called for any of the "liberties" they take. 

Edit:  And speaking of taking liberties, anybody catch Milan Lucic's little temper tantrum after Alexei Emelin dared deliver a legal hipcheck?  Apparently you're required to either A) fight everytime you play the Bruins, or B) Play like Cinderella.  What a bawl baby.

Edited by kipwinger, 25 March 2014 - 09:01 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#52 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

I completely disagree with this.  Columbus plays a reasonably physical game, much like the Preds and Coyotes the last couple of years, but they don't "take liberties".  They're middle of the road in penalty minutes, fights, a major penalties, and very low on the list of misconducts and game misconducts. 

Hell their penalty minutes leader is Brandon Dubinsky...not exactly a notoriously dirty player.

So unless there's some sort of league wide conspiracy to help out the B.J.'s (not even sure the league knows there's a team in Columbus), they're certainly not being called for any of the "liberties" they take. 

Edit:  And speaking of taking liberties, anybody catch Milan Lucic's little temper tantrum after Alexei Emelin dared deliver a legal hipcheck?  Apparently you're required to either A) fight everytime you play the Bruins, or B) Play like Cinderella.  What a bawl baby.

It's the disturbing trend that has plagued and continues to bring down the game in my eyes. A guy throws a completely legal, perfectly timed hit that looks really bad because either the receiving player A) wasn't expecting it or B) has his head down or C) just got completely smoked because the hit was that good. 

Then everyone on the other side feels like they need to go beat up the guy who threw the legal check because they don't like the fact that their teammate is incompetent and got shown up. Makes me sick. That was a terrific hit by Emelin and it's a shame we don't see more like that. At least the officials shoved Chara in the box after he decided he wanted a piece of Emelin. 

Edited by wings4thecup06, 25 March 2014 - 09:23 AM.

temp 1

#53 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:28 AM

It's the disturbing trend that has plagued and continues to bring down the game in my eyes. A guy throws a completely legal, perfectly timed hit that looks really bad because either the receiving player A) wasn't expecting it or B) has his head down or C) just got completely smoked because the hit was that good. 

Then everyone on the other side feels like they need to go beat up the guy who threw the legal check because they don't like the fact that their teammate is incompetent and got shown up. Makes me sick. That was a terrific hit by Emelin and it's a shame we don't see more like that. At least the officials shoved Chara in the box after he decided he wanted a piece of Emelin. 

I completely agree.  Here's Lucic's comments following the game.  What a complete ******, he even so much as admits it was a clean hit.  Guy sounds like a child.  I had an older brother who used to play the "you scared?" and "Chicken!" game...when we 8 and 10 years old.

"Whether it's fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn't scared, he would stand up and hit me and not go after my knees," Lucic said. "It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you've got to keep your guard up at all times."

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#54 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:33 AM

I completely agree.  Here's Lucic's comments following the game.  What a complete ******, he even so much as admits it was a clean hit.  Guy sounds like a child.  I had an older brother who used to play the "you scared?" and "Chicken!" game...when we 8 and 10 years old.

"Whether it's fair, legal or whatever you want to call it, if he wasn't scared, he would stand up and hit me and not go after my knees," Lucic said. "It just shows how big of a chicken he is that he needs to go down like that to take me down. It shows what kind of player he is, and on my end, you know you've got to keep your guard up at all times."

As I slowly lose respect for Lucic, I have to imagine that these comments were made in account of the animosity between Boston and Montreal made all the more bitter by the fact that they just ended their 12 game winning streak. But yea, sounds pretty stupid saying that. It was a clean hit, accept the fact that you got smoked. 

temp 1

#55 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

As I slowly lose respect for Lucic, I have to imagine that these comments were made in account of the animosity between Boston and Montreal made all the more bitter by the fact that they just ended their 12 game winning streak. But yea, sounds pretty stupid saying that. It was a clean hit, accept the fact that you got smoked. 

I've always respected the fact that Lucic played hard, but he's clearly one of the dumbest players in the league.  I definitely lost a little love for the guy after this.  Plus, I think the culture surrounding the Bruins doesn't help.  They're like Philly, right there on the border between playing physical (which is fine) and gooning it up because that's "Bruins/Flyers" hockey. 

Edit:  Here's how you take a legal hip check like a man.  Good on PK.

Edited by kipwinger, 25 March 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#56 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:57 AM

I'd love to have lucic on this team or another guy of his style. The lack of fighting is my major problem with babcocks style. It's certainly a change for some of the younger guys as Grand Rapids is certainly a tougher team
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#57 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

I've always respected the fact that Lucic played hard, but he's clearly one of the dumbest players in the league.  I definitely lost a little love for the guy after this.  Plus, I think the culture surrounding the Bruins doesn't help.  They're like Philly, right there on the border between playing physical (which is fine) and gooning it up because that's "Bruins/Flyers" hockey. 

Edit:  Here's how you take a legal hip check like a man.  Good on PK.

Same, I definitely admire his style of play and makes me pine for the days when Shanny was around. We could use some more guys like that. 

That video of PK is awesome. He's such a great role model and character, wonder what will happen when his deal is up at the end of the year (RFA). 

temp 1

#58 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,442 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

Same, I definitely admire his style of play and makes me pine for the days when Shanny was around. We could use some more guys like that. 

That video of PK is awesome. He's such a great role model and character, wonder what will happen when his deal is up at the end of the year (RFA). 

Seriously?!? Pk is one of the biggest babies in hockey, takes terrible penalties, and is very very easily rattled. He may be talented, but a role model? Having character? That's not pk you're talking about

#59 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,977 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:30 AM

Seriously?!? Pk is one of the biggest babies in hockey, takes terrible penalties, and is very very easily rattled. He may be talented, but a role model? Having character? That's not pk you're talking about

Ok, I know that I brought this up and so it's on me.  And I definitely don't want to cut your views short.  But let's not make this about Subban, we had enough of it during the Olympics.  I'm sorry I brought it up, I just liked the way he responded after taking a hard hit. 

My bad.  Can we go back to Callahan now?

#60 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

Fair enough, point taken. The video may have slightly blurred my views…..my bad.

Back to Callahan - hoping that with limited ice time he'll make an impact tonight. 

temp 1