• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#61 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

UK did you intentionally copy basically my exact same post from hfboards or is that just a coincidence lol?

And it doesnt sound like hes necessarily going to play tonight now, only if someone cant go. If Emmerton is in at wing and Callahan isnt in I'll be rattled. Emmerton doesnt help this team win games, he is filler. Callahan could show something that is helpful

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#62 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:55 AM

UK did you intentionally copy basically my exact same post from hfboards or is that just a coincidence lol?

And it doesnt sound like hes necessarily going to play tonight now, only if someone cant go. If Emmerton is in at wing and Callahan isnt in I'll be rattled. Emmerton doesnt help this team win games, he is filler. Callahan could show something that is helpful

I'm not comparing Emmerton and Callahan here because I've never seen Callahan play and by all accounts he's good defensively...but...Emmerton (while not being full time NHL material) is defensively responsible and skates well.  Given the way he wants to play the game, Babs' has got mad love for a guy who skates well and is good defensively. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#63 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Ok, I know that I brought this up and so it's on me.  And I definitely don't want to cut your views short.  But let's not make this about Subban, we had enough of it during the Olympics.  I'm sorry I brought it up, I just liked the way he responded after taking a hard hit. 

My bad.  Can we go back to Callahan now?

I agree absolutely, and you're right, in the video he responded well, and if he is turning over a new leaf good for him, I just would like to see that persona on ice as well as off ice. Anyways yes back to Callahan

#64 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Emmerton has been reassigned to GR so Cally is definitely IN tonight :D

Don't visit hfboards so no idea what I've copied :blind:

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#65 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Yep hes in for sure tonight, good for him. I just read his parent swere scrambling to find a flight from LA to the game, good that they could find one. Hopefully the wings get a nice lead so that he can get a shot to show what he has a little bit.

And UK I posted those exact same clips plus another one over on HF saying hopefully we see some of this lol

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#66 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Callahan playing with helm and Andersson ... Can't wait to see cally play

#67 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Overall I was impressed with him in his debut. Went after Comeau at one point to stick up for Smith I bleieve. Made some nice defensive plays, skating looked solid, even had a couple chances. Set up Joker once with a really nice cross ice feed. He looked much more ready and impressed more than Ferraro I would say.

Hopefully he can stay in the line up over someone like Bert Thursday

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#68 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

He's been sent back down to GR.

Even if it was one game it was great to see him in a Wings jersey. Hopefully he can get on the roster after training camp.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#69 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Callahan looked just OK last night. He is a guy that gives everything, but isn't great at anything. One of the things I noticed was he was a step to slow when trying to check.

#70 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Callahan looked just OK last night. He is a guy that gives everything, but isn't great at anything. One of the things I noticed was he was a step to slow when trying to check.

LOL. Unlike Bertuzzi who is just flying out there. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#71 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Ya I was afraid this would happen , I was hoping we would have cally and jurco in tomorrow night vs the habs and bertuzzi in the press box

He's clearly done and should be sent off to join samuelsson and cleary in whatever cabin in the woods we are holding them off till the season ends

#72 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Rick, big difference here. bert is done. toast, finished, career over. Callahan is just beginning. maybe he becomes something, maybe not. we don't know. But he needs to play so we can find out. There are many reasons why he was a step slow. unfamiliar, nerves, told to focus on skating, etc....... I still think he is a 4th line checking guy, which is fine. maybe adds 10-15 goals per year. Great!

#73 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

Whatever the case, Bertuzzi MUST NOT play another game... Keep Dirty Harry in and put Emmy back in if you have to, but NO WAY Bertuzzi laces up for another game.  This playoff race is TOO important! Live and die with the kids is WAY better than just dying with Bertuzzi...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#74 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,475 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

Rick, big difference here. bert is done. toast, finished, career over. Callahan is just beginning. maybe he becomes something, maybe not. we don't know. But he needs to play so we can find out. There are many reasons why he was a step slow. unfamiliar, nerves, told to focus on skating, etc....... I still think he is a 4th line checking guy, which is fine. maybe adds 10-15 goals per year. Great!

That’s my point. Hard to nitpick Callahan’s 5 minutes of ice time when Todd BerTANIC is floating around out there like no one told him he already sank many years ago. 

I’d take Callahan at this point. I know Babcock likes his “big bodies” but Bert took a stupid careless penalty just because he refuses to keep his goddamn stick on the ice with TWO HANDS all the time. Plus he turned the puck over at least 6 times. 

Edited by rick zombo, 26 March 2014 - 01:07 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#75 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Whatever the case, Bertuzzi MUST NOT play another game... Keep Dirty Harry in and put Emmy back in if you have to, but NO WAY Bertuzzi laces up for another game.  This playoff race is TOO important! Live and die with the kids is WAY better than just dying with Bertuzzi...

Who is Dirty Harry?

#76 Wings3:16

Wings3:16

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Dirty Harry Callahan! God I love that nickname.

Wings in 2013...Bring the Cup back to Hockeytown!

#77 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:42 PM

Who is Dirty Harry?

This simple question led to one of my favorite exchanges in the history of my time on this forum:

It looks like Yellow Mustard is going to miss some time after catching that elbow last night against the Sabres. Its really bad timing too, because our defense already thin with Big Poppa out with a concussion and Bandit serving his 5 game suspension. I would say this forces us to call up someone from GR, most likely Billy the Kid or The Player Formerly Known As Steve. We might be in trouble on the back end until we get some regulars back, since this leaves the Boogeyman as our #1 defenseman. And you know what that means!!!!

Boogeyman - Hot Topic

Heebie Jeebies - Dances with Wolves

My Little Pony - Agent Orange

~&~ (The Player Formerly Known As Steve)

:lol:

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger