• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Pens Twitter Fail:Ask Neal Anything...

Rate this topic

So today via Twitter The Penguins asked fans to submit questions for James Neal.

Hilarity ensues...

Some examples...

Flyers Nation ‏@FlyersNation 3h
James, do you get the biggest thrill out of kneeing someone in the head or cross checking them in the head? #AskNeal

John Forsyth ‏@blackbear93 1h
#askneal if you could go back in time and end the career of any player in NHL history who would you choose?

Steph ‏@myregularface 1h
Is it more rewarding to score a goal or concuss another human? #AskNeal

Greg ‏@GDubs10 2h
. @penguins Hey James, long time fan first time tweeter. What's your favorite hockey play? The Flying V or the Flying Elbow? #askneal

Jeff Mehmel ‏@ThaBKeeper 2h
Have you ever cross checked or kneed your grandma in the head? Stupid question. Of course you have, you're James Neal #askneal @penguins

Steph ‏@myregularface 2h
If you could have any super power, how would you use it to hit opponents in the head? #askneal

Mike From Attleboro ‏@MikeFromATown 2h
How does one go about playing as dirty as you do while fighting less than the Swiss? #AskNeal

Steph ‏@myregularface 2h
If Crosby wasn't your teammate, would you try to knee him in the head or use a different body part to contact his head? #askneal

While we're on the subject of Neal, former NHL ref Paul Stewart uses Neal as an example of what a joke the NHL is when it comes to discipline.

What I am talking about there is a player who pushes things too far and becomes more of a detriment than a help to his team. The NHL does not hold this player accountable and, thus far, neither have the leaders in his dressing room.

Sean Avery was like that. When he was a rookie with Detroit and starting up with some of after-the-whistle and behind-the-play the antics he'd become infamous for, I once pinned him to the boards with my forearm and told him to cut the nonsense or I'd personally splatter him on the ice.This past Thursday, Neal was at the center of yet another incident. In a game against the Detroit Red Wings, Neal went head-hunting with a cross check directly to the head of opposing forward Luke Glendening. Neal had time and opportunity to make a legal check but instead delivered a high hit with the stick that, at absolute best, was reckless and stupid. At worst, he was deliberately trying to cause injury.

The NHL and its Department of Player Safety pays lip service to wanting to stamp out hits to the head. They claim to weigh past history in the formula for suspension. They say intent is considered. So what the hell happened here? Beats me.

He also points out how by the NHL's own policy on diving, Neal should've been suspended for getting his third embellishment penalty.

To recap, last month Neal got his third strike under the diving protocol. He was given a break. This month, Neal was guilty of at least the seventh League-reviewed play in his career for a reckless or dirty hit. He was given a break again, in the same season where there was no choice but to banish him for five games for kneeing an opponent in the head.

The NHL has sent a message to James Neal that he can do as he pleases until the next time he causes an injury. Flagged repeatedly for diving? That's OK, just sit your two minutes and be on your way. Rinse, wash, repeat. It makes my blood boil and the gets those old enforcer instincts of mine running on red alert.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Paul-Stewart/James-Neal-The-Poster-Child-for-Whats-Wrong-With8230/196/58889

If I could #AskNeal anything: If you owned a bar, how cheap would your shots be? #AskNeal @jneal_18

Jake @jakeMa85 3h

If you could go anywhere in the world which city would you knee in the head? #askneal

This is absolutely awesome, love it. They should do ask Malkin, or Crosby next

Funny true, but how many here wouldn't love to have a 27 year old forward that is 6-2/210 and over the past three seasons averages .50 goals per game? Give me 4 guys just like him! The NHL lets him play like that and it clearly works. may not like his style, but it is effective.

Funny true, but how many here wouldn't love to have a 27 year old forward that is 6-2/210 and over the past three seasons averages .50 goals per game? Give me 4 guys just like him! The NHL lets him play like that and it clearly works. may not like his style, but it is effective.

We have one criminal in Bert, I don't want 4 more like Neal.