• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/25 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

He was skating on a line with Helm & Andersson this morning. Bert will probably replace Emmerton on the line with Miller & Glendening, but that's just my guess.

This. Pretty sure they're going with Miller-Glendening-Bert, Andersson-Helm-Callahan

Franzen should be well rested. Need him to breakthrough here and carry the team for a bit

Would be nice for the bottom 6 to chip in with a goal. They've been great defensively and get a lot of offensive zone time I feel their due

Agreed. Miller and Glendening especially have been playing great hockey, but getting no breaks.

This is a huge game, a win and we're clear 4 points of CBS, a loss and we're even with them. Not the end of the world to lose, but boy a win would be huge going forward with all our divisional games.

They have played 2 more games then us... We plaay them 2 more times, so if we win both games, catching them is still not out of the question.

Even so, they shouldn't be doing this well. Their entire fanbase was predicting their demise a couple months ago, and for good reason.

Carey Price, I guess.

Even so, they shouldn't be doing this well. Their entire fanbase was predicting their demise a couple months ago, and for good reason.

Carey Price, I guess.

Budaj has played well also .... I just don't get the habs ... I texted my friend who's a habs fan they make no sense cause they beat the teams like boston they shouldn't beat but lose to s***ty teams lol ,

watch them lose to buffalo tonight somehow

Ya anyways I don't get the habs

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Does anyone else hate having Andersson on the wing as much as I do? Slow and doesn't score...awesome. He's good defensively and at faceoffs, I get it, but if he's not going to play center (where those things matter) then why bother?

Does anyone else hate having Andersson on the wing as much as I do? Slow and doesn't score...awesome. He's good defensively and at faceoffs, I get it, but if he's not going to play center (where those things matter) then why bother?

Hear you there. The ridiculous center depth the Wings should have next year makes me think that his time with the big club is over after this season.

He was skating on a line with Helm & Andersson this morning. Bert will probably replace Emmerton on the line with Miller & Glendening, but that's just my guess.

My bad, brain is frazzled today. Yea that seems like a good line, and bert with Miller and Glendening was good for us too. Should be good tonight

Hear you there. The ridiculous center depth the Wings should have next year makes me think that his time with the big club is over after this season.

I agree with that, I also don't think it's fair to him to have him constantly pushed down the depth chart and out of his natural position just because we've got 2 million centers. I really think we need to figure out 5 guys to be centers next season and let the others pursue their careers someplace else if they want too. I'd flip him to a Buffalo, Edomonton, or Florida for whatever pick I could get out of them and watch as the kid played solid third line minutes for them because he's been developed correctly.

Budaj has played well also .... I just don't get the habs ... I texted my friend who's a habs fan they make no sense cause they beat the teams like boston they shouldn't beat but lose to s***ty teams lol ,

watch them lose to buffalo tonight somehow

Ya anyways I don't get the habs

So basically the same situation as the wings? Lol

As much as you hate him on the wing, I hate him even more on the Power Play. What the hell is Babs doing putting him out there? The only reason I can think of is, with Bert out he needs someone slow to take his place. I mean the guy had more power play time then Franzen last game, let's hope that it doesn't continue this game.

Edited by wings87

As much as you hate him on the wing, I hate him even more on the Power Play. What the hell is Babs doing putting him out there? The only reason I can think of is, with Bert out he needs someone slow to take his place. I mean the guy had more power play time then Franzen last game, let's hope that it doesn't continue this game.

Well as bad as our PP has been for about three years now I think Babs just puts the units together at random.

Babs: "Ok, first unit is going to be Kronwall, Ericsson, Lashoff, Gustavsson, Mrazek"

Tatar: "Coach those guys are all defensemen and goalies..."

Alfie: "Seriously, at least two of them aren't even in the lineup right now..."

Babs: "That's why you've got to compete..."

Alfie: "What does that even..."

(Short handed goal)

Babs: "PLAY HEAVIER!"

I mostly hate having him on the team at all, but I do agree with you. Just don't see how Andersson has any long-term spot in the organization when guys are healthy. He's about the eighth best center and only slightly better than Emmerton.

I mostly hate having him on the team at all, but I do agree with you. Just don't see how Andersson has any long-term spot in the organization when guys are healthy. He's about the eighth best center and only slightly better than Emmerton.

I mean, I'm not trying to denigrate the guy...what he does well he does pretty well. Good pk, faceoffs, defensively responsible. He's a good bit better than Emmerton and probably better all around than Glendening (though less gritty). And that's precisely his problem, he's too good to be on the fourth line (long term) and not better than Helm, Sheahan, Legwand, Weiss, or Datsyuk...so he ends up playing the wing...where he doesn't take faceoffs, or have as much defensive responsibility...and so the things that make him excel aren't needed.

Exactly this. I'll be shocked if he plays once we get two more players back.

This team has so many boring players, Andersson is just another one. He's good at what he does, but doesn't do enough.

On a side note, I'd like to see a little more diversity in our drafting. We've had too much of the same type player coming threw the system. The Scouts have generally done a great job finding gems late, but would like to see the team diversify at the draft.

Edited by wings87

This team has so many boring players, Andersson is just another one.

On a side note, I'd like to see a little more diversity in our drafting. We've had too much of the same type player coming threw the system. The Scouts have generally done a great job finding gems late, but would like to see the team diversify at the draft.

They've already been drafting different types of players really. They just haven't worked their way up yet