• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/25 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

most important game of the year and jimmy cannot control the important save. Babs will never get coach of the year by playing useless players in huge games, bertuzzi has no business being anywhere near the ice. He is cancer. Franzen is useless. I am done with his streaks. Play 5 games disappear for 5 weeks. None if you can defend him. Jimmy cannot make an important save to save his life.

not even mentioning the obvious, but players Detroit can do better without and should not be here next season: Howard, Kindl, Quincey, Helm, Franzen. This team is in the playoffs without those guys here.

Blew a huge opportunity. I don't even know what to say anymore about the NHL and its officiating. The past three games were disgusting. Situational calls, disallowed goal, making up rules about the net being off. They have their hands far too often on the outcome of games.

As for the Wings, everyone stunk besides the kid line and Helm. The bottom-six works hard, but there is absolutely no offensive skill from those players. Franzen and Alfredsson wearing the A's which stand for atrocious. Nice veteran leadership there from those two as no-shows in the biggest game of the season. Pav really needs to come back soon because this is a one line team offensively.

Winning streak, followed by two losses. Seems to be the trend of the season. They can't let it spiral beyond tonight. Gotta get two points on Thursday.

most important game of the year and jimmy cannot control the important save. Babs will never get coach of the year by playing useless players in huge games, bertuzzi has no business being anywhere near the ice. He is cancer. Franzen is useless. I am done with his streaks. Play 5 games disappear for 5 weeks. None if you can defend him. Jimmy cannot make an important save to save his life.

not even mentioning the obvious, but players Detroit can do better without and should not be here next season: Howard, Kindl, Quincey, Helm, Franzen. This team is in the playoffs without those guys here.

What about Sammy?

Guest Playmaker

They're not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. They will hopefully win more games than they lose, but other teams are fighting for playoff spots also.

That was a hard game to watch, all I gotta say is... Can somebody help out Gus and score some damn goals. I realize he's on a hot streak that would even give Gretzky a boner, but that doesn't mean he's the only damn player allowed to score. Jesus

They're not going to go undefeated the rest of the season. They will hopefully win more games than they lose, but other teams are fighting for playoff spots also.

I predict at least one of those teams will go on some crazy hot streak and glide into the playoffs.

If we want to get in, we better be one of those teams.

Hopefully this game serves as a wake-up call. If so, I'm ok with it.

I'd actually consider scratching Franzen and giving Jurco his spot.

LOOOOOOL.

This board man.... wow. Franzen had an okay game. Not great, but probably the best player on that line. Alfredsson was awful, Legwand invisible. But even so, none of them come close to the horrific play of Bertuzzi. I assume Callahan is out if Jurco is in, but I'd rather see Bert gone. He is so obviously done as a hockey player, there's nothing left in his tank.

This board is hilarious... after a loss, fire babcock and Holland.... after a win, great job by everyone lol

I usually think:

"After a win, props to the players, but management has made some questionable decisions lately."

"After a loss, players didn't execute, and management has made some questionable decisions lately."

EDIT: Probably should have said *some players in both instances

Edited by roboturner

Down the stretch its the veterans that have let this team down big time. Franzen-Legwand-Alfredsson line has been getting pushed around too easily and Mule hasn't done jack to carry this team forward while his compatriots are out. In the last 9 games, Franzen has a single assist and is -4.

Very frustrating game to watch... the refs were very one sided which made it hard to watch. They called the wings for BS all game, meanwhile letting BJ's get away with many cross checks, a high stick that drew blood and goalie interference. To top it all off, the nhl video review with a bs call saying Smith pushed the BJ player into the net, very inaccurate and that call costed us the game.

In saying that, aside from the kids, the team did not play enough. Smith made a mistake on the pinch, but even Kronner does that sometimes so I am not going to turn on Smith. Would someone please tell me WHY THE EFF KINDL STILL GETS PP TIME OVER SMITH?!?! For those of you complaining about Bert, you need to realize that he still has the flu and I know from experience that it is not easy to do that, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Bottom line, our veteran line needs to be better. They had a few chances in the 3rd but overall there was no energy by them, most noticeably Franzen. If I am Babcock, I change things up for Thursday by putting Franzen on a line with Helm and insert Jurco to play with Alfie and Legwand to add some energy.

Nyquist- Sheahan- Tatar (I want them to get more ice time because they earn it)

Jurco- Legwand- Alfredsson

Franzen- Helm- Bertuzzi

Glendening- Anderson- Miller

I do not think the Wings need to panic, they are still in a good position and play very well against Montreal... I suspect that the Wings will be ready to go Thursday. One thing is for sure and I really hope Babs listens. In tonights game, Ken and mick said with Jurco back, I do NOT want Babs to put him on the kid line because the new kid line is even better. Hopefully just a couple more games til the Magic Man is back.

Down the stretch its the veterans that have let this team down big time. Franzen-Legwand-Alfredsson line has been getting pushed around too easily and Mule hasn't done jack to carry this team forward while his compatriots are out. In the last 9 games, Franzen has a single assist and is -4.

Alfie was atrocious on that last pp giving the puck away. Tatar had a load of giveaways tonight too though. The slashing call on Legwand was a joke considering he had 1 hand on the stick. I still have a bad taste in my mouth over their 3rd goal. I don't think he puts that in the net without backing up through the net - he had a hard time getting his stick around with leverage until he got far enough back that the net was off.

I did not see any physical play from Callahan. i have read post after post how much he is grinder, tough on the puck. perhaps in the AHL but i did not see it tonight. in no way way shape or form am i contributing his lack of performance to tonight's loss, just an observation. Perhaps i was expecting more based on others postings on how good this kid may be.

The positive here is that the Wild and Jackets are two very good and mostly healthy teams who are pretty much pushing as hard as they can...and yet we, playing some absolutely godawful hockey and with half our team missing, could've won either or both games. If we can get back to our system and doing the little things right and really minding the details and all that good stuff, we have an ok shot at making the playoffs.

Next game with Jurco back I would like to see:

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Franzen - Legwand - Alfie

Jurco - Helm - Glendening

Miller - Andersson - Bert (Minimal ice time)

Callahan was pretty good and doesn't really deserve to sit but no way bags sits Bert over Callahan and Jurco definitely gets in.

The 3rd period collapse has to stop. Tonight the officiating contributed directly, but the trend remains. Howard needs to bear down, our defense needs to play more conservatively, and overall discipline needs vast improvement after 40. You can tell the moment the opposition starts to get some zone time and the Wings start playing nervous and turning over pucks. After that its just a matter of time. Get it fixed, Babs!

LOOOOOOL.

This board man.... wow. Franzen had an okay game. Not great, but probably the best player on that line. Alfredsson was awful, Legwand invisible. But even so, none of them come close to the horrific play of Bertuzzi. I assume Callahan is out if Jurco is in, but I'd rather see Bert gone. He is so obviously done as a hockey player, there's nothing left in his tank.

He's just playing hockey to pay off Moore lol ... I'd take out Bert as well and possibly keep cally on the 4th depending who's back and all but we need more help than the kid line

I did not see any physical play from Callahan. i have read post after post how much he is grinder, tough on the puck. perhaps in the AHL but i did not see it tonight. in no way way shape or form am i contributing his lack of performance to tonight's loss, just an observation. Perhaps i was expecting more based on others postings on how good this kid may be.

If he was anticipated to meet expectations immediately upon call-up he would have been here much earlier.

He's young, he's developing, he isn't NHL ready. He came in just to fill in for injuries, it was his first ever NHL game and he was probably a nervous wreck. I don't expect anything out of him right now.