• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/25 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Blue Jackets 4

Rate this topic

LOOOOOOL.

This board man.... wow. Franzen had an okay game. Not great, but probably the best player on that line. Alfredsson was awful, Legwand invisible. But even so, none of them come close to the horrific play of Bertuzzi. I assume Callahan is out if Jurco is in, but I'd rather see Bert gone. He is so obviously done as a hockey player, there's nothing left in his tank.

Is sitting Franzen for a game such a bad idea? Mind you, I generally don't complain about the guy.

Edited by Dabura

LOOOOOOL.

This board man.... wow. Franzen had an okay game. Not great, but probably the best player on that line. Alfredsson was awful, Legwand invisible. But even so, none of them come close to the horrific play of Bertuzzi. I assume Callahan is out if Jurco is in, but I'd rather see Bert gone. He is so obviously done as a hockey player, there's nothing left in his tank.

I agree. Bertuzzi is done and has been terrible. I feel like he's only playing to have another veteran in the lineup with the ridiculous amount of young players.

Is sitting Franzen for a game such a bad idea? Mind you, I'm one of the few people on these boards who really doesn't complain about Franzen much at all.

For me, at this point, I ask for who? Tootoo isn't going to play apparently so he's out of the picture.

So it's pretty much Ferraro or Emmerton over Franzen. I keep Franzen in over those two.

With a healthier lineup, I think a message sending bench move is appropriate. Right now it isn't.

I did not see any physical play from Callahan. i have read post after post how much he is grinder, tough on the puck. perhaps in the AHL but i did not see it tonight. in no way way shape or form am i contributing his lack of performance to tonight's loss, just an observation. Perhaps i was expecting more based on others postings on how good this kid may be.

Ah, it's his first NHL game.

Is sitting Franzen for a game such a bad idea? Mind you, I'm one of the few people on these boards who rarely complains about him.

With a healthy lineup and earlier in the season, not necessarily a bad idea. Now? Terrible idea. Detroit is icing two entire lines that basically have no chance of scoring at all and one of the other lines is three rookies. You can't sit one of the few healthy players capable of putting the puck in the net now.

For me, at this point, I ask for who? Tootoo isn't going to play apparently so he's out of the picture.

So it's pretty much Ferraro or Emmerton over Franzen. I keep Franzen in over those two.

With a healthier lineup, I think a message sending bench move is appropriate. Right now it isn't.

I mean, it's probably a bad idea and it certainly won't happen. But you at least see where I'm coming from, right? The guy's absolutely ice cold right now and at times looks pretty ok with that. I dunno.

Is sitting Franzen for a game such a bad idea? Mind you, I generally don't complain about the guy.

I get where you are coming from, but I'm not sure that's a move that would even motivate Franzen (which I assume is what you want). With Franzen's mentality, he would probably just pout and shut down entirely. He's infuriating to watch and obviously right now is a stretch where he has no confidence and doesn't appear to be engaged in the game. I don't expect him to consistently produce like he does on those scoring streaks, but as a veteran and skilled player, he can't just go invisible for a ten-game stretch with a depleted lineup in a playoff race. There's no middle ground with Franzen -- he's either a dominant player or completely invisible. You can't call the team out though and then yourself not show up in the biggest game of the season.

Edited by GoWings1905

I mean, it's probably a bad idea and it certainly won't happen. But you at least see where I'm coming from, right? The guy's absolutely ice cold right now and at times looks pretty ok with that. I dunno.

I absolutely see where you are coming from, and with a few more guys in the lineup i'd say definitely time for a healthy scratch wake up call. He's as streaky as they come, hes on a very cold one after a very hot one.

We know he's capable of being a difference maker and a game changer, but that's not the Franzen we are getting right now. We need that Franzen right now. Options are minimal, otherwise he would get a mini-vacation i'm sure.

That was some of the best officiating I've seen all season....

I will say that the game was very well officiated. I disagreed with the Helm hooking call, but they did get the call right on the Jackets last goal for sure.

OK, forget I ever said anything about scratching Franzen, lol. In retrospect, it's a wholly stupid idea. A better idea: Franzen and Nyquist on the same line. Maybe also a bad idea, given how red-hot Nyquist is - but the thought is that Nyquist seems to succeed with anyone and everyone he plays with while also making his linemates better. And he definitely has some chemistry with Franzen.

I just don't like that we're getting consistent production from only one line. One guy, actually.

Edited by Dabura

With a healthy lineup and earlier in the season, not necessarily a bad idea. Now? Terrible idea. Detroit is icing two entire lines that basically have no chance of scoring at all and one of the other lines is three rookies. You can't sit one of the few healthy players capable of putting the puck in the net now.

Yeah but Streaky McStreaker isn't putting the puck in right now :glare:

I will say that the game was very well officiated. I disagreed with the Helm hooking call, but they did get the call right on the Jackets last goal for sure.

For real? In a league where poor officiating is the standard, tonight somehow topped that. They called everything for 10 minutes, nothing the rest of the way except for that "slash" (which wasn't) on Legwand. The refs were a disaster.

For real? In a league where poor officiating is the standard, tonight somehow topped that. They called everything for 10 minutes, nothing the rest of the way except for that "slash" (which wasn't) on Legwand. The refs were a disaster.

I will agree with the poor riffing comment I won't go a far as to say its a conspiracy like many delusional posters here will. Hockey is such a tough game to officiate its incredibly fast has the potential for penalties all over the place and you can call a penalty on alot alot alot of plays so I will cut them some slack

What about breaking up the vets line? I know we dont want to jinx the kid line but I think it's safe to say Nyquist will score wherever he plays and Sheahan and Tatar will work just as good with Alfie on the wing.

I would entertaining trying the top two lines like this

Franzen - Legwand - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Alfredsson

It's worth a shot, at least try it for a period and see how it goes. Split up the energy guys with some of the vets and see how they work together. It can't hurt.

Maybe toss Helm into that mix also, he wasn't bad tonight.

After all these injuries and with only 10 games left the positive is that the Wings are in a playoff spot, that is incredible in itself.

The kids have been amazing but they can only do so much even as brilliant as Nyquist has been. Could very well have had a few more points if a guy like Franzen woke up and wasn't a useless phook these past few games.

Howard is getting back to being that playoff Howard we now know going to need that down the stretch, hopefully some good news on the injury front come Thursday.

Go Wings!