• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#21 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

i see columbus winning this in regulation.  they've just had the wings' number lately.

1 and 1 in the season series so far. They definitely had our number last year though. Hopefully we can benefit from CBJ's recent cold streak

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#22 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

So with Emmerton down to GR that means Callahan-Helm-Bertuzzi. Interesting. 

temp 1

#23 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

So with Emmerton down to GR that means Callahan-Helm-Bertuzzi. Interesting. 

He was skating on a line with Helm & Andersson this morning.  Bert will probably replace Emmerton on the line with Miller & Glendening, but that's just my guess.

#24 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Amazing that Zetterberg is still our points leader, he could have had career highs if he stayed healthy. Bottom 6 is pure defence which is fine with me they've been doing a good job. If our two top lines both show up we win big

I'm excited to see what Z can do next year if he is finally able to put his back woes behind him.

#25 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:58 PM

goalie battle!! HUGE game tonight.

expecting a close one, hoping for that elusive regulation win :P LGW

Edited by amato, 25 March 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,016 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

I want a rout. 8-0. Put these guys in their place.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:00 PM

He was skating on a line with Helm & Andersson this morning.  Bert will probably replace Emmerton on the line with Miller & Glendening, but that's just my guess.

This. Pretty sure they're going with Miller-Glendening-Bert, Andersson-Helm-Callahan

#28 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

i see columbus winning this in regulation.  they've just had the wings' number lately.

I'm sure you picked the Wings to lose the last 5 as well, so yeah....

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#29 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

2 points..go wings !

#30 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,928 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

Franzen should be well rested. Need him to breakthrough here and carry the team for a bit
Would be nice for the bottom 6 to chip in with a goal. They've been great defensively and get a lot of offensive zone time I feel their due

#31 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,026 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:39 PM

Franzen should be well rested. Need him to breakthrough here and carry the team for a bit
Would be nice for the bottom 6 to chip in with a goal. They've been great defensively and get a lot of offensive zone time I feel their due

Agreed. Miller and Glendening especially have been playing great hockey, but getting no breaks.

This is a huge game, a win and we're clear 4 points of CBS, a loss and we're even with them. Not the end of the world to lose, but boy a win would be huge going forward with all our divisional games.

#NOMOREKINDL

#32 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,016 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

How do the Habs have 87 points? Bastards.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#33 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

How do the Habs have 87 points? Bastards.

They have played 2 more games then us... We plaay them 2 more times, so if we win both games, catching them is still not out of the question.

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,016 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

They have played 2 more games then us... We plaay them 2 more times, so if we win both games, catching them is still not out of the question.

Even so, they shouldn't be doing this well. Their entire fanbase was predicting their demise a couple months ago, and for good reason.

Carey Price, I guess.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

Even so, they shouldn't be doing this well. Their entire fanbase was predicting their demise a couple months ago, and for good reason.

Carey Price, I guess.

Budaj has played well also .... I just don't get the habs ... I texted my friend who's a habs fan they make no sense cause they beat the teams like boston they shouldn't beat but lose to s***ty teams lol ,

watch them lose to buffalo tonight somehow

Ya anyways I don't get the habs

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 25 March 2014 - 02:20 PM.

#36 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

Does anyone else hate having Andersson on the wing as much as I do?  Slow and doesn't score...awesome.  He's good defensively and at faceoffs, I get it, but if he's not going to play center (where those things matter) then why bother?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#37 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Hoping to see Nyquist keep lighting it up. He has more goals than assists, that's pretty exciting.

#38 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:28 PM

Does anyone else hate having Andersson on the wing as much as I do?  Slow and doesn't score...awesome.  He's good defensively and at faceoffs, I get it, but if he's not going to play center (where those things matter) then why bother?

Hear you there.  The ridiculous center depth the Wings should have next year makes me think that his time with the big club is over after this season.  

#39 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

My bad, brain is frazzled today. Yea that seems like a good line, and bert with Miller and Glendening was good for us too. Should be good tonight

temp 1

#40 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

Hear you there.  The ridiculous center depth the Wings should have next year makes me think that his time with the big club is over after this season.  

I agree with that, I also don't think it's fair to him to have him constantly pushed down the depth chart and out of his natural position just because we've got 2 million centers.  I really think we need to figure out 5 guys to be centers next season and let the others pursue their careers someplace else if they want too.  I'd flip him to a Buffalo, Edomonton, or Florida for whatever pick I could get out of them and watch as the kid played solid third line minutes for them because he's been developed correctly.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."