• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#41 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

Budaj has played well also .... I just don't get the habs ... I texted my friend who's a habs fan they make no sense cause they beat the teams like boston they shouldn't beat but lose to s***ty teams lol ,

watch them lose to buffalo tonight somehow

Ya anyways I don't get the habs

So basically the same situation as the wings? Lol

#42 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone else hate having Andersson on the wing as much as I do?  Slow and doesn't score...awesome.  He's good defensively and at faceoffs, I get it, but if he's not going to play center (where those things matter) then why bother?

As much as you hate him on the wing, I hate him even more on the Power Play. What the hell is Babs doing putting him out there? The only reason I can think of is, with Bert out he needs someone slow to take his place. I mean the guy had more power play time then Franzen last game, let's hope that it doesn't continue this game.

Edited by wings87, 25 March 2014 - 03:22 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#43 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:30 PM

As much as you hate him on the wing, I hate him even more on the Power Play. What the hell is Babs doing putting him out there? The only reason I can think of is, with Bert out he needs someone slow to take his place. I mean the guy had more power play time then Franzen last game, let's hope that it doesn't continue this game.

Well as bad as our PP has been for about three years now I think Babs just puts the units together at random. 

Babs:  "Ok, first unit is going to be Kronwall, Ericsson, Lashoff, Gustavsson, Mrazek"

Tatar:  "Coach those guys are all defensemen and goalies..."

Alfie:  "Seriously, at least two of them aren't even in the lineup right now..."

Babs:  "That's why you've got to compete..."

Alfie:  "What does that even..."

(Short handed goal)

Babs: "PLAY HEAVIER!"

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#44 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:35 PM

Does anyone else hate having Andersson on the wing as much as I do?  Slow and doesn't score...awesome.  He's good defensively and at faceoffs, I get it, but if he's not going to play center (where those things matter) then why bother?

I mostly hate having him on the team at all, but I do agree with you. Just don't see how Andersson has any long-term spot in the organization when guys are healthy. He's about the eighth best center and only slightly better than Emmerton.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#45 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

I mostly hate having him on the team at all, but I do agree with you. Just don't see how Andersson has any long-term spot in the organization when guys are healthy. He's about the eighth best center and only slightly better than Emmerton.

I mean, I'm not trying to denigrate the guy...what he does well he does pretty well.  Good pk, faceoffs, defensively responsible.  He's a good bit better than Emmerton and probably better all around than Glendening (though less gritty).  And that's precisely his problem, he's too good to be on the fourth line (long term) and not better than Helm, Sheahan, Legwand, Weiss, or Datsyuk...so he ends up playing the wing...where he doesn't take faceoffs, or have as much defensive responsibility...and so the things that make him excel aren't needed.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#46 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:42 PM

Exactly this. I'll be shocked if he plays once we get two more players back. 

#47 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:44 PM

So basically the same situation as the wings? Lol

Was going to say the exact same thing.

#48 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:46 PM

This team has so many boring players, Andersson is just another one. He's good at what he does, but doesn't do enough.

On a side note, I'd like to see a little more diversity in our drafting. We've had too much of the same type player coming threw the system. The Scouts have generally done a great job finding gems late, but would like to see the team diversify at the draft.

Edited by wings87, 25 March 2014 - 03:48 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#49 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:48 PM

This team has so many boring players, Andersson is just another one.

On a side note, I'd like to see a little more diversity in our drafting. We've had too much of the same type player coming threw the system. The Scouts have generally done a great job finding gems late, but would like to see the team diversify at the draft.

They've already been drafting different types of players really. They just haven't worked their way up yet

#50 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:49 PM

They've already been drafting different types of players really. They just haven't worked their way up yet

Yeah, your right.

#51 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, your right.

I'm sure we'll start seeing a lot more of them in the next couple of years. I mean, we get Callahan tonight :P

Edited by marcaractac, 25 March 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#52 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:51 PM

there are no words to describe how important these two points are tonight. There can be no floaters out there tonight, from 60:00 - 00:00 Wings need to be full throttle. Jimmy needs to be more than above average, he needs to make the big saves.

I predict a solid showing by Callahan (if he plays.) Lets go guys, we need the next 6 points and we can put year 23 in our back pocket. Next weeks schedule won't be so nice to look at if we have to win out to make it....Boston, Pittsburgh, St. Louis...lets get these points this week.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#53 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

I'm sure we'll start seeing a lot more of them in the next couple of years. I mean, we get Callahan tonight :P

Not sure, what we'll see from Callahan tonight. Or for who long, but I'm excited,

#54 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:06 PM

callahan beats up comeau.

and the wings win.

4-3

#55 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Well as bad as our PP has been for about three years now I think Babs just puts the units together at random. 

Babs:  "Ok, first unit is going to be Kronwall, Ericsson, Lashoff, Gustavsson, Mrazek"
Alfie:  "Seriously, at least two of them aren't even in the lineup right now..."
(Short handed goal)

Lmao thanks for the laugh kip, that was hysterical

#56 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:13 PM

I wanna see Callahan hitting everything in sight, causing netfront scrums, and whacking away at rebounds. Even a fight if Babs allows it.

We need all the toughness we can get with our fragile players going into the Eastern Confrence playoffs. Callahan, Bert, E, Abby, Smitty, even Glendening together is a group with not alot but, some sandpaper that is much needed when other teams like PHI/BOS run our stars.

Hoping we win tonight. Its pretty dependent on if Jimmy and Mule show up. 3-2 wings. (Mule, Callahan, Miller)

#57 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Lmao thanks for the laugh kip, that was hysterical

I aim to please. 

#58 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

(Short handed goal)

:lol: Nice.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#59 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

A win tonight would have sitting a little more comfortable when i go to the game this weekend. Putting the BJ's in our rear view is a must. 

#60 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

i do not feel confident against columbus as sad as that is.....against mtl however i don't think we can lose.

naked is a state of mind