• Please log in to reply
858 replies to this topic

#781 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

This board is hilarious... after a loss, fire babcock and Holland.... after a win, great job by everyone lol

We've yet to see what the board looks like after missing the playoffs.   

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#782 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:21 PM

Lol NBC don't defend that ref, it was the wrong call. They basically said good job on making a quick call and sticking with it. NHL officiating is at an all time low and the league is doing nothing about it.

#783 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

That was a hard game to watch, all I gotta say is... Can somebody help out Gus and score some damn goals. I realize he's on a hot streak that would even give Gretzky a boner, but that doesn't mean he's the only damn player allowed to score. Jesus

#784 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

They're not going to go undefeated the rest of the season.  They will hopefully win more games than they lose, but other teams are fighting for playoff spots also.  

I predict at least one of those teams will go on some crazy hot streak and glide into the playoffs.

If we want to get in, we better be one of those teams.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#785 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Hopefully this game serves as a wake-up call. If so, I'm ok with it.

I'd actually consider scratching Franzen and giving Jurco his spot.

LOOOOOOL. 

This board man.... wow. Franzen had an okay game. Not great, but probably the best player on that line. Alfredsson was awful, Legwand invisible. But even so, none of them come close to the horrific play of Bertuzzi. I assume Callahan is out if Jurco is in, but I'd rather see Bert gone. He is so obviously done as a hockey player, there's nothing left in his tank. 

#786 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

Bert plays, Wings lose. Franzen sucks. Wings better beat Montreal and Toronto...they wont beat Boston, Pittsburgh or St.Louis...the playoff chances took a big hit tonight...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#787 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 440 posts

This board is hilarious... after a loss, fire babcock and Holland.... after a win, great job by everyone lol

I usually think:

"After a win, props to the players, but management has made some questionable decisions lately."

"After a loss, players didn't execute, and management has made some questionable decisions lately."

EDIT: Probably should have said *some players in both instances

Edited by roboturner, 25 March 2014 - 09:28 PM.

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#788 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Down the stretch its the veterans that have let this team down big time. Franzen-Legwand-Alfredsson line has been getting pushed around too easily and Mule hasn't done jack to carry this team forward while his compatriots are out. In the last 9 games, Franzen has a single assist and is -4.

#789 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

What about Sammy?  

he is part of the obvious...bert, Cleary, Sammy...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#790 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:24 PM

We gotta shake up the lines light a fire under franEns ass

#791 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

How the f*** was that a penalty on Legwand?

This officiating is a huge joke.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros, 25 March 2014 - 09:27 PM.

"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#792 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Very frustrating game to watch...  the refs were very one sided which made it hard to watch. They called the wings for BS all game, meanwhile letting BJ's get away with many cross checks, a high stick that drew blood and goalie interference. To top it all off, the nhl video review with a bs call saying Smith pushed the BJ player into the net, very inaccurate and that call costed us the game.

In saying that, aside from the kids, the team did not play enough. Smith made a mistake on the pinch, but even Kronner does that sometimes so I am not going to turn on Smith. Would someone please tell me WHY THE EFF KINDL STILL GETS PP TIME OVER SMITH?!?! For those of you complaining about Bert, you need to realize that he still has the flu and I know from experience that it is not easy to do that, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Bottom line, our veteran line needs to be better. They had a few chances in the 3rd but overall there was no energy by them, most noticeably Franzen. If I am Babcock, I change things up for Thursday by putting Franzen on a line with Helm and insert Jurco to play with Alfie and Legwand to add some energy.

Nyquist- Sheahan- Tatar (I want them to get more ice time because they earn it)

Jurco- Legwand- Alfredsson

Franzen- Helm- Bertuzzi

Glendening- Anderson- Miller

I do not think the Wings need to panic, they are still in a good position and play very well against Montreal... I suspect that the Wings will be ready to go Thursday. One thing is for sure and I really hope Babs listens. In tonights game, Ken and mick said with Jurco back, I do NOT want Babs to put him on the kid line because the new kid line is even better. Hopefully just a couple more games til the Magic Man is back.

#793 JasonNewEra

JasonNewEra

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 270 posts

Is it bad that the Wings can't beat COLUMBUS? YES? NO!? Yeah, I ain't happy. Gustav is the only one playing right now...

12412215175_9591987538_o.jpg

#794 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:27 PM

Down the stretch its the veterans that have let this team down big time. Franzen-Legwand-Alfredsson line has been getting pushed around too easily and Mule hasn't done jack to carry this team forward while his compatriots are out. In the last 9 games, Franzen has a single assist and is -4.

Alfie was atrocious on that last pp giving the puck away. Tatar had a load of giveaways tonight too though. The slashing call on Legwand was a joke considering he had 1 hand on the stick. I still have a bad taste in my mouth over their 3rd goal. I don't think he puts that in the net without backing up through the net - he had a hard time getting his stick around with leverage until he got far enough back that the net was off. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#795 1980s24

1980s24

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

I did not see any physical play from Callahan. i have read post after post how much he is grinder, tough on the puck. perhaps in the AHL but i did not see it tonight. in no way way shape or form am i contributing his lack of performance to tonight's loss, just an observation. Perhaps i was expecting more based on others postings on how good this kid may be.

#796 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

The positive here is that the Wild and Jackets are two very good and mostly healthy teams who are pretty much pushing as hard as they can...and yet we, playing some absolutely godawful hockey and with half our team missing, could've won either or both games. If we can get back to our system and doing the little things right and really minding the details and all that good stuff, we have an ok shot at making the playoffs.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#797 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Next game with Jurco back I would like to see:

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Franzen - Legwand - Alfie

Jurco - Helm - Glendening

Miller - Andersson - Bert (Minimal ice time)

Callahan was pretty good and doesn't really deserve to sit but no way bags sits Bert over Callahan and Jurco definitely gets in.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#798 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 09:34 PM

The 3rd period collapse has to stop. Tonight the officiating contributed directly, but the trend remains. Howard needs to bear down, our defense needs to play more conservatively, and overall discipline needs vast improvement after 40. You can tell the moment the opposition starts to get some zone time and the Wings start playing nervous and turning over pucks. After that its just a matter of time. Get it fixed, Babs!

#799 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

LOOOOOOL. 

This board man.... wow. Franzen had an okay game. Not great, but probably the best player on that line. Alfredsson was awful, Legwand invisible. But even so, none of them come close to the horrific play of Bertuzzi. I assume Callahan is out if Jurco is in, but I'd rather see Bert gone. He is so obviously done as a hockey player, there's nothing left in his tank.

He's just playing hockey to pay off Moore lol ... I'd take out Bert as well and possibly keep cally on the 4th depending who's back and all but we need more help than the kid line

#800 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,219 posts

I did not see any physical play from Callahan. i have read post after post how much he is grinder, tough on the puck. perhaps in the AHL but i did not see it tonight. in no way way shape or form am i contributing his lack of performance to tonight's loss, just an observation. Perhaps i was expecting more based on others postings on how good this kid may be.

If he was anticipated to meet expectations immediately upon call-up he would have been here much earlier. 

He's young, he's developing, he isn't NHL ready. He came in just to fill in for injuries, it was his first ever NHL game and he was probably a nervous wreck. I don't expect anything out of him right now.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg