Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:09 PM

Two bad performances in a row now

#822 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

What about breaking up the vets line? I know we dont want to jinx the kid line but I think it's safe to say Nyquist will score wherever he plays and Sheahan and Tatar will work just as good with Alfie on the wing.

I would entertaining trying the top two lines like this

Franzen - Legwand - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Alfredsson

It's worth a shot, at least try it for a period and see how it goes. Split up the energy guys with some of the vets and see how they work together. It can't hurt.

Maybe toss Helm into that mix also, he wasn't bad tonight.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#823 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

I like the combination of Miller, Helm, and Glendening. They're fairly physical, solid defensively, and put together some quality scoring chances on occasion. Keep them together.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#824 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:20 PM

Going to be pissed off until Thursday, lose then and tv maybe going out the window..
hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#825 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

After all these injuries and with only 10 games left the positive is that the Wings are in a playoff spot, that is incredible in itself.

The kids have been amazing but they can only do so much even as brilliant as Nyquist has been. Could very well have had a few more points if a guy like Franzen woke up and wasn't a useless phook these past few games.

Howard is getting back to being that playoff Howard we now know going to need that down the stretch, hopefully some good news on the injury front come Thursday.

Go Wings!

#826 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:32 PM

Nyquist  Legwand  Franzen

Tatar  Sheahan  Alfredsson

I think I'd like to see that on Thursday. I guess Jurco would be on the third line, in Bertuzzi's spot.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#827 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

So what’s going on with Jurco? Has there been an update? 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#828 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

Or was Bertuzzi on the fourth line tonight? Whatever.

So what’s going on with Jurco? Has there been an update? 

Sounds like he should be ready to go on Thursday.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#829 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,888 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

Hey. 

Jarnkrok with another assist tonight and a sweet shootout goal.  :w00t:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#830 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

After all these injuries and with only 10 games left the positive is that the Wings are in a playoff spot, that is incredible in itself.

It really is pretty incredible. I mean, we're all bent out of shape about our team not getting it done (and justifiably so, I guess), but, like, look at it from the perspective of a Wild fan. We should've been an easy four points for them. No team has any business being as competitive as we've been with the injuries we're dealing with. (Yeah, I know, the Penguins. But everyone knows that's a lame comparison.) And now we may be getting a bit healthier.

So, yes, losing this game sucks. But that we're even upset about this loss is a remarkable thing. Our season should be over. We should be in free fall mode like the Sens. None of this should matter. And yet, here we are, holding down a playoff spot.

Edited by Dabura, 25 March 2014 - 10:56 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#831 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,989 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

It really is pretty incredible. I mean, we're all bent out of shape about our team not getting it done (and justifiably so, I guess), but, like, look at it from the perspective of a Wild fan. We should've been an easy four points for them. No team has any business being as competitive as we've been with the injuries we're dealing with. (Yeah, I know, the Penguins. But everyone knows that's a lame comparison.) And now we may be getting a bit healthier.

So, yes, losing this game sucks. But that we're even upset about this loss is a remarkable thing. Our season should be over. We should be in free fall mode like the Sens. None of this should matter. And yet, here we are, holding down a playoff spot.

Granted, it's largely a testament to how weak the East is. But still.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#832 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

Lackluster game all around. We were hemmed in our zone far too much, refs made and didn't make some questionable calls (both ways). I thought that third goal given up by Howard was somewhat weak despite it being a 2 on 1, and we really can't expect Nyquist to keep scoring every single one of our goals. I still like a lot of what I'm seeing lately but we just can't seem to get everything clicking at once.

#833 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:43 PM

Hey. 

Jarnkrok with another assist tonight and a sweet shootout goal.  :w00t:

Shh! You're not allowed to speak of "he who shall not be named".

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#834 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:10 AM

What it is mother f***ers?!?!?

My mind's racing right now from all the booze and things I couldn't say during the game.  1) Where the f*** are our veterans? Nobody expects Bertuzzi to be good, he's washed up, where are Alfie, Franzen, and Kronwall?  2) Don't go giving "the best coach in the league" too much credit for the recent upswing considering his two best players (the guys clawing this team into the playoff picture)  are guys he actively worked to keep out of the lineup by bringing back Cleary and playing, Sammy, and Bert, and he over the kids. This was never in his plan.   3)  Just when you think Brendan Smith is trending upward he goes full on retard.  -2 tonight, including a horrible pinch in the third (very bad idea), empty netter (not his fault), and a terrible penalty in the first (away from the play) that resulted in a goal.  Meanwhile Kyle Quincey was even with more ice time.  4)  If I was Tomas Tatar's agent I would jam Holland up this off season.  Make that f*****  pay.  What?  He's not going to re-sign you?  5)  Callahan looked good...or at least he looked like a real winger.  Speaking of which, get Andersson off the wing, he literally had ZERO impact all game.  6)  Jimmy was fine...don't blame Jimmy. 

Edited by kipwinger, 26 March 2014 - 12:12 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#835 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Nyquist  Legwand  Franzen

Tatar  Sheahan  Alfredsson

I think I'd like to see that on Thursday. I guess Jurco would be on the third line, in Bertuzzi's spot.

Would that Alfie line be the resurrection of the "Two kids and a goat line"?

#836 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:11 AM

What are you talking about bad performances? Not at all we played great. That 3rd Goal by CBJ shouldn't have counted should have been waved off. I very upset after seeing that. What the hell? No Goal No Goal No Goal. What the Hell were the Video Goal Judge thinking????? We got cheated out of a Possible point or two OT anything could have happened. That 3rd Goal by CBJ should be reviewed by the League and waved off. We should play via a 2-2 tie and see if we make it to OT. That Goal was a No Goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 26 March 2014 - 01:13 AM.

#837 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:41 AM

Not surprised for whatever reason Columbus just has the wings number. Leafs and Washington both lost too, so the fight just became tighter and the jackets are back in it.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#838 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Would that Alfie line be the resurrection of the "Two kids and a goat line"?

I feel like Alfie would benefit from the chaos around the net Tatar and Sheahan cause so often. Plus, having two really strong shots on one line is a good idea.

Then, if Franzen gets hot and Nyquist is playing with him look out. That's two or three goals a game from one line.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#839 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

The Jackets weren't out of it even if they lost.  There's still a lot of time left and so many things can happen, as evidenced by Toronto's recent free fall.  All these other teams are fighting for playoff spots, too.  They're no better or worse than the Red Wings and every team is going to bring it every night.  Even teams like Buffalo and the Islanders are competitive at this time of year. 

Franzen has always been incredibly streaky.  I don't know why fans act so surprised every time this happens.  Whether it's his physical or mental health, I don't know, but he's always been this way and always will be this way.  For his cap hit, his numbers are well worth the highs and lows.  The Wings wouldn't even be in the playoff race right now had he not come off the Olympic break on fire like he did. 

#840 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

For real? In a league where poor officiating is the standard, tonight somehow topped that. They called everything for 10 minutes, nothing the rest of the way except for that "slash" (which wasn't) on Legwand. The refs were a disaster. 

I won't get into a debate on what the refs called.  That never ends well, and as a referee myself, I am a bit more understanding than the common Wings fan.  Lets put it this way.....

The refs were not the reason why the Wings lost that game.  I don't necessarily agree with all the calls in the course of the game.  What I do believe is that good teams find a way to get the job done.  The Wings were not the better team tonight and I feel they made more mistakes than Columbus did.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain