• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/27 GDT - Canadiens 5 vs. Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

I want to see Monster in net against Toronto. Big, meaningful game, get in Howard's head a bit and start the backup. Send that message that faith is dwindling a bit and maybe he'll get back on his A game.

We seem to win more with Gus between the pipes, it's worth a shot at this point.

Can we start two goalies and only 5 defensemen?

I want to see Monster in net against Toronto. Big, meaningful game, get in Howard's head a bit and start the backup. Send that message that faith is dwindling a bit and maybe he'll get back on his A game.

We seem to win more with Gus between the pipes, it's worth a shot at this point.

I would go with Gus the rest of the way. He's not pretty but he simply wins. Howard will never be a guy to lead you to a cup. Too inconsistent and never comes up with that big save. Tie the game 3-3 he immediately lets in the next shot. Not saying it was a bad goal but he never makes that save we need. Start Gus he wins plain and simple.

Babcock and Holland losing their jobs is the only positive that can come out of this season.

Time for a change.

Again, Holland? Maybe.

Babcock? Absolutely not.

That he's been able to do much of anything with the tools he's been given the last few years and then the injury situation that's plagued this team is enough to warrant him keeping his job. If you think many other coaches would be able to get this team to be competitive night after night with all of the injuries and the lack of solid defensemen, I think you're kidding yourself. Holland or a new GM has to get Babcock a team that is actually built to compete before we can start talking about getting rid of Babcock.

Three wins in a row for the Zebras. You can say "when you give up 5 goals you deserve to lose" or "good teams overcome bad calls" but the fact is that the Wings would have won the last three games on an even playing field. They scored 4 goals tonight on top of being denied blatant penalty calls, while at the same time 2 Montreal goals were a direct result of bad officiating, and yet again about half of our penalties were a complete joke. You can give up 20 f****** goals for all I care, but if you score 19 and two of theirs shouldn't have counted, you still deserve to win.

Edited by MPT

Dats and Z couldn't make our defensemen better. We're done.

No, but they would certainly help hide their flaws.

IMO the defensemen as a group need Datsyuk and Zetterberg nearly as much as the forwards. Both help the D-men immensely with their strong backcheck and ability to skate/pass the puck out of the zone effectively.

Again, Holland? Maybe.

Babcock? Absolutely not.

That he's been able to do much of anything with the tools he's been given the last few years and then the injury situation that's plagued this team is enough to warrant him keeping his job. If you think many other coaches would be able to get this team to be competitive night after night with all of the injuries and the lack of solid defensemen, I think you're kidding yourself. Holland or a new GM has to get Babcock a team that is actually built to compete before we can start talking about getting rid of Babcock.

I just think he's getting stale and veterans seem to tune him out. The kids are playing hard. Maybe we should get rid of more vets.

But Babcock wanted guys like Cleary and Sammy on this team. He's as much responsible for it as Holland.

I would go with Gus the rest of the way. He's not pretty but he simply wins. Howard will never be a guy to lead you to a cup. Too inconsistent and never comes up with that big save. Tie the game 3-3 he immediately lets in the next shot. Not saying it was a bad goal but he never makes that save we need. Start Gus he wins plain and simple.

I'd have to disagree with saying he never comes up with the big saves. He made a bunch tonight and got hung out to dry over and over and over again by our mess of a defence.

Again, Holland? Maybe.

Babcock? Absolutely not.

These two aren't going to lose their jobs. They are here until they retire or move on to something else. I think holland should be fired personally but won't happen

I'd have to disagree with saying he never comes up with the big saves. He made a bunch tonight and got hung out to dry over and over and over again by our mess of a defence.

It's not so much that the save has to be an amazing save it has to be the timing! Tie game 3-3 have all the momentum, he needs to make that save

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

all i know is thank god we have david legwand

..LOL. almost typed that with a straight face.

I really hope Gustavsson can start soon. Jimmy Howard is just not good enough to win big games. This sieve is going to cause Detroit to be swept during this key stretch.

For me it's the perfect scenario. Monster came from Toronto that didn't give him much of a chance, gave up on him quick, and he likely has a bit of a bone to pick. Toronto is slumping and recent goaltending has been atrocious. It's a game we have to win, it's a game that Gus can have his hand in, damage his former team's playoff hopes a bit, send a message that he can be a big time goalie when called upon, and most importantly, get us that W and 2 points.

I haven't given up on Howard, I know what he's capable of, I know what he's like when he's on top of his game, and I don't think that goalie is lost. Right now, it's too important to remain patient regardless if this game was his fault or not. Look at the winning percentages of both goalies, and we need wins. Plain and simple.

Babs deserves a ton of blame for the 2-0 deficit. The kid line didn't play the first six minutes and he didn't realize they were the only line worth a damn until the third. He was riding Glendening and Bertuzzi early in the game -- there's no good reason for that.

Legwand and Alfie could kindly start playing hockey soon too. What a solid veteran presence they provide when the kids are the only reason this team has any chance to win games.

all i know is thank god we have david legwand

..LOL. almost typed that with a straight face.

Ya him and alfy were plain awful. Legwand lost like every faceoff. The fifth goal he lost the faceoff then lost his coverage on the guy that scored. Wish babs would actually call guys out. For alfy wanting to win a cup so badly doesn't really look like he's trying

These two aren't going to lose their jobs. They are here until they retire or move on to something else. I think holland should be fired personally but won't happen

I think Holland should be removed from power the same way Louis XVI was

The defense was s*** today. Kronwall was manhandled by Vanek, blowing coverage, allowing their top goal scorer alone in the slot. When it was 2 to 1 Howard made about 2 or 3 huge saves. Wings need to find that balance od playing tight defense, like they did right after the Olympics, and scoring goals like today.

I just think he's getting stale and veterans seem to tune him out. The kids are playing hard. Maybe we should get rid of more vets.

But Babcock wanted guys like Cleary and Sammy on this team. He's as much responsible for it as Holland.

It's now being accepted at fact that Babcock specifically was pushing for Cleary, and that's still a stretch. Other than him saying he likes Cleary I haven't seen anything that puts it on Babcock.

But Sammy? That's a new one to me. Did I miss somewhere that said Babcock was pushing for Samuelsson on the team?

Some people alwuas have an excuse for jimmy... O he had no chance on most of those goals... Fact is good goalies come up with big saves. I'm not saying he costed us the game but the fact is he didn't make many timely saves.

I watched the rangers game last night and Lundquist made several unreal saves to keep his team in it and I mean several. Many of the saves he made would be what some of you say are impossible shots to stop for Howard. Fact is, this was a big game and jimmy just wasn't good enough.

Having said that, the rest of the team didn't help apart from the kids. I want to see more kids playing next game 20 min ice time for them ... There is just no reason that they continue to not get the top minutes when it is so clear they are not only the only ones trying hard, but they are literally carrying the team.

Lastly, its abundantly clear the officials were one sided tonight. The NHL would want nothing more then the wings and leafs to be tied in points Saturday night making the game even more important. Some of the calls against the wings were a joke. Quincy call was a joke, smith call was a joke. Meanwhile habs clearly interfered with kronner which led directly to a goal and interfered later with Tatar but no call, and then that offside miss. To make it worse the habs almost scored right after that and it was a missed offside again! This league needs to have better officiating.

Bottom line, babs needs to have the boys ready for Saturday.