• Please log in to reply
767 replies to this topic

#201 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:50 PM

Before people jump off a cliff, this team has won 2-3 games and lost 2-3 all season. It's a trend that is likely to continue. We can still make playoffs and we can still miss out. We need to stop going so high whenever they win and low when they lose.

Need a more consistent effort though.  These slow starts and 2-0 deficits aren't gonna cut it at this point.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#202 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Need a more consistent effort though.  These slow starts and 2-0 deficits aren't gonna cut it at this point.

We have been very consistent, consistently slow.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#203 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Get franzen off the top line! Switch him and Alfie and I think that'll make that line much better and start playing the kids more! Our 4th line is getting far too many minutes I think in games like this we should virtually roll 3 lines ... I have a feeling we come back...

Switch Glendening and Andersson then.  Glendening at least brings something to the table even though he's not scoring.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#204 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Howard has to play better than this.  Yes, the defense is bad but those were both makeable saves.

#205 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:52 PM

:lol: that is a problem....

#206 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Switch Glendening and Andersson then.  Glendening at least brings something to the table even though he's not scoring.

Put Franzen on D and Smith in his place, maybe some reverse psychology will work... God knows nothing else has.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#207 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Get franzen off the top line! Switch him and Alfie and I think that'll make that line much better and start playing the kids more! Our 4th line is getting far too many minutes I think in games like this we should virtually roll 3 lines ... I have a feeling we come back...

Babs seems set in stone on playing Mule, the top line would be much better with Alfie there. He needs to start pulling his weight, but Franzen much, much more.

#NOMOREKINDL

#208 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,990 posts

Consistently inconsistent?
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#209 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Before people jump off a cliff, this team has won 2-3 games and lost 2-3 all season. It's a trend that is likely to continue. We can still make playoffs and we can still miss out. We need to stop going so high whenever they win and low when they lose.

The past 2 and a half games have been perhaps the Wings' worst all season.  It's a bad telling sign.  Bubble teams can't struggle in this stretch and hope to make it in.

#210 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Howard has to play better than this.  Yes, the defense is bad but those were both makeable saves.

howard is incapable of stepping up when this team needs him the most.

just plan on 3-4 goals against every game until the season is over.

#211 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

good grief the number of passes into skates

This is something that really boggles my mind. It's been an issue all season long, and it's actually gotten worse and worse, to the point where we've been botching probably about a third or a quarter of our passes.

If there's one thing you don't want your team to struggle with, it's passing. If you can't pass, you're toothless and vulnerable in all three zones. Mirror regrouping, breaking out, charging through the neutral zone, cycling - it all becomes an adventure. Compound that with our injuries, Howard's struggles, and everything else, and it really is a wonder that we're still in the playoff picture.

PICK IT UP IN THE SECOND BOYS. STOP SUCKING.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#212 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

Give the kid line 20+ minutes..they are young and hungry..you can do it coach!

#213 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:56 PM

13456664823_c4ac3050e6_o.jpg

Making dumb photoshop images is therapeutic when we are losing.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#214 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Actually the most pathetic period I've seen all year. If this is considered to be a playoff effort the guys mine as well book a tee time, cause we ain't getting in

#215 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

13456664823_c4ac3050e6_o.jpg

Making dumb photoshop images is therapeutic when we are losing.

lol

#216 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

howard is incapable of stepping up when this team needs him the most.

He's capable of doing it. That's what makes the fact that he's not doing it so maddening.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#217 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Consistently inconsistent?

Or inconsistently consistent?

#218 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

Bertuzzi has to be one of the worst players in the league, just saying.  Also Quincy and Smith, ugh just brutal. 

#219 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

I'm so tired of hearing Franzen's name.  We should accept he sucks.  That means buying him out in the offseason, or if he goes 15 games without a goal that nobody should be surprised.  Mickey said we should throw Nyquist on the line with him to "light a spark" under the Mule's ass.  Why should we?  Bad players don't score or skate and Franzen appears to be a bad player.  If it walks and talks like a duck...  And if splitting up the only good line to inspire Franzen to actually play doesn't work, you've created two disasters out of one.  No player from Grand Rapids would get Nyquist to play with them just to help them out.  Why should our laziest forward get that treatment?  Because we wasted millions of dollars on him?  Franzen is a sinking ship and this organization needs to withhold putting any more energy into this disaster.

we should also accept Bertuzzi sucks.  why babs puts out a -17 dude with no potential baffles me

#220 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Almost miss Cleary at least he hustles and gives a fack.