• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

3/30 GDT - Lightning 2 @ Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

Don't get me wrong, the Pens scare me way more than the Rangers or Flyers do. They've been sputtering a bit of late, but make no mistake: they're still very much a Cup contender.

Our shutdown guys did a fantastic job of tracking, neutralizing, frustrating Stamkos.

Not as long as they have that Luongo wannabe choke artist in net for them. I like our odds against the pens flyers and rangers more then I do against the Bruins.

Not as long as they have that Luongo wannabe choke artist in net for them. I like our odds against the pens flyers and rangers more then I do against the Bruins.

Getting into the Metropolitan division playoffs would be huge. I know you never pick your poison, but healthy we match up well with Pittsburgh, New York (except Hank scares me) and Philly. Avoiding Boston for the first few rounds could make a deep playoff run a reality.

Is that how It works? If we play Pittsburgh than the second round would be against a Metropolitan team and not our own Atlantic?

I miss the old playoff system.

Actually, I'd like to see divisions done away with for the playoffs. Teams shouldn't make playoffs with fewer points than teams on the outside (as has happened in the past).

Is that how It works? If we play Pittsburgh than the second round would be against a Metropolitan team and not our own Atlantic?

I miss the old playoff system.

Actually, I'd like to see divisions done away with for the playoffs. Teams shouldn't make playoffs with fewer points than teams on the outside (as has happened in the past).

Ya. If we play a metropolitan team in the first round the second round is also vs. The winner of the other metropolitan matchup. Bettman likes to keep us on our toes

Ya. If we play a metropolitan team in the first round the second round is also vs. The winner of the other metropolitan matchup. Bettman likes to keep us on our toes

I don't get it either, the new format just sucks. The seeding before it was upfront, clear and everyone could understand it. I know the NHL tries to create some plastic rialvires but seriously it doesn't work that way. But honestly I'd rather play Pittsburgh than the big 1.000 lb gorilla named Bruins this bear is built for the playoffs and safe for Toronto, Philly and the Blues - if they are dressing Reaves - nobody is going to match their physicality and skill.

When any of the other major sports have created "Wild Card" teams, more teams have been added to the original playoff picture. When I first heard that this was going to be introduced this season, this is what I envisioned.

But, not Uncle Gary...oh no. He just swaps out two existing playoff teams for a brand new label.

The man is a dope.

When any of the other major sports have created "Wild Card" teams, more teams have been added to the original playoff picture. When I first heard that this was going to be introduced this season, this is what I envisioned.

But, not Uncle Gary...oh no. He just swaps out two existing playoff teams for a brand new label.

The man is a dope.

Because he unilaterally created the new playoff format?

I'd take anyone over the Bruins. Putting the Bruins to the side, I'd take anyone over the Pens. The Pens aren't as formidable as they've been in past seasons, but they're by far the second best team in the East. It woudn't take an act of divine intervention for them to beat the Bruins in a best-of-seven, and that, IMHO, makes them contenders.

I'd take anyone over the Bruins. Putting the Bruins to the side, I'd take anyone over the Pens. The Pens aren't as formidable as they've been in past seasons, but they're by far the second best team in the East. It woudn't take an act of divine intervention for them to beat the Bruins in a best-of-seven, and that, IMHO, makes them contenders.

As long as Fleury is in their crease, they are the most vulnerable team we might face in the playoffs. I get Crosby and Malkin, but Fleury is a weak link no question about it.

As long as Fleury is in their crease, they are the most vulnerable team we might face in the playoffs. I get Crosby and Malkin, but Fleury is a weak link no question about it.

Against a team like us, Fleury doesn't necessarily need to be anything more than mediocre. Our starting goalie has struggled mightily, and our blue line makes children cry. Our goal differential is -11. The Pens have first-rate firepower and they've been surprisingly good defensively. I'm not claiming the earth is flat. I'm saying the Pens are one of the best teams in the league.