Good win!!!!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#442 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

Not to play into the conspiracy that the NHL doesn't want us in the playoffs or anything but the caps are 2 for 4 on the powerplay tonight and the preds are 0 for 0 with 4 minutes left in the third. That seems weird considering how the games have been called lately and that the caps need a win for their playoff hopes.

Bettman has said several times on his radio show (very tacky....by the way) that he wants to see teams like Columbus, Phoenix and Minnesota win a Stanley Cup on his watch.

#443 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:36 AM

Bettman has said several times on his radio show (very tacky....by the way) that he wants to see teams like Columbus, Phoenix and Minnesota win a Stanley Cup on his watch.

Well, helping the Caps doesn’t really help Columbus.  

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#444 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:46 AM

I think we need more Swedes.
Does anyone know where we can find more Swedes?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#445 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

I'm a swede, how can I help you?? :)

#446 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:15 AM

The wings playing Pittsburgh, then Philly/nyr would be the best outcome

It's weird. If this were pretty much any other season except this one, I'd want the Flyers or Rangers like whoa. But this season? They both scare me.

(Not counting my chickens, just saying.)

I think we need more Swedes.
Does anyone know where we can find more Swedes?

photo.jpg

Don't Toews me, bro!

#447 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

Great win boys! Keep it up!
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#448 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

It's weird. If this were pretty much any other season except this one, I'd want the Flyers or Rangers like whoa. But this season? They both scare me.

(Not counting my chickens, just saying.)

photo.jpg

Yea somehow Pittsburgh just doesn't scare me as much as the Rangers or Flyers...

Also, did anyone really notice Stamkos last night (besides the power play chances)? Just thought he wasn't really a presence on the ice at all. 

Edited by wings4thecup06, 31 March 2014 - 09:34 AM.

temp 1

#449 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Well, helping the Caps doesnt really help Columbus.  

His point (Bettman) was that he wants the small market teams to win so the league can make more money and expand. I don't believe in an anti-Wings conspiracy but I do believe Bettman means what he says in this instance. I think there is a bias but not a conspiracy.

#450 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:39 PM

Yea somehow Pittsburgh just doesn't scare me as much as the Rangers or Flyers...

Also, did anyone really notice Stamkos last night (besides the power play chances)? Just thought he wasn't really a presence on the ice at all.

Don't get me wrong, the Pens scare me way more than the Rangers or Flyers do. They've been sputtering a bit of late, but make no mistake: they're still very much a Cup contender.

Our shutdown guys did a fantastic job of tracking, neutralizing, frustrating Stamkos.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#451 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:08 AM

Don't get me wrong, the Pens scare me way more than the Rangers or Flyers do. They've been sputtering a bit of late, but make no mistake: they're still very much a Cup contender.

Our shutdown guys did a fantastic job of tracking, neutralizing, frustrating Stamkos.

Not as long as they have that Luongo wannabe choke artist in net for them. I like our odds against the pens flyers and rangers more then I do against the Bruins.

#452 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

Not as long as they have that Luongo wannabe choke artist in net for them. I like our odds against the pens flyers and rangers more then I do against the Bruins.

Getting into the Metropolitan division playoffs would be huge. I know you never pick your poison, but healthy we match up well with Pittsburgh, New York (except Hank scares me) and Philly. Avoiding Boston for the first few rounds could make a deep playoff run a reality.

#NOMOREKINDL

#453 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Is that how It works? If we play Pittsburgh than the second round would be against a Metropolitan team and not our own Atlantic?

I miss the old playoff system.

Actually, I'd like to see divisions done away with for the playoffs. Teams shouldn't make playoffs with fewer points than teams on the outside (as has happened in the past).
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#454 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:25 AM

Is that how It works? If we play Pittsburgh than the second round would be against a Metropolitan team and not our own Atlantic?

I miss the old playoff system.

Actually, I'd like to see divisions done away with for the playoffs. Teams shouldn't make playoffs with fewer points than teams on the outside (as has happened in the past).

Ya. If we play a metropolitan team in the first round the second round is also vs. The winner of the other metropolitan matchup. Bettman likes to keep us on our toes

#455 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:31 AM

Ya. If we play a metropolitan team in the first round the second round is also vs. The winner of the other metropolitan matchup. Bettman likes to keep us on our toes

I don't get it either, the new format just sucks. The seeding before it was upfront, clear and everyone could understand it. I know the NHL tries to create some plastic rialvires but seriously it doesn't work that way. But honestly I'd rather play Pittsburgh than the big 1.000 lb gorilla named Bruins this bear is built for the playoffs and safe for Toronto, Philly and the Blues - if they are dressing Reaves - nobody is going to match their physicality and skill.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#456 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

When any of the other major sports have created "Wild Card" teams, more teams have been added to the original playoff picture. When I first heard that this was going to be introduced this season, this is what I envisioned.

But, not Uncle Gary...oh no. He just swaps out two existing playoff teams for a brand new label.

The man is a dope.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#457 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

When any of the other major sports have created "Wild Card" teams, more teams have been added to the original playoff picture. When I first heard that this was going to be introduced this season, this is what I envisioned.

But, not Uncle Gary...oh no. He just swaps out two existing playoff teams for a brand new label.

The man is a dope.

Because he unilaterally created the new playoff format?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#458 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

I'd take anyone over the Bruins. Putting the Bruins to the side, I'd take anyone over the Pens. The Pens aren't as formidable as they've been in past seasons, but they're by far the second best team in the East. It woudn't take an act of divine intervention for them to beat the Bruins in a best-of-seven, and that, IMHO, makes them contenders.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#459 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,077 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:51 PM

I'd take anyone over the Bruins. Putting the Bruins to the side, I'd take anyone over the Pens. The Pens aren't as formidable as they've been in past seasons, but they're by far the second best team in the East. It woudn't take an act of divine intervention for them to beat the Bruins in a best-of-seven, and that, IMHO, makes them contenders.

As long as Fleury is in their crease, they are the most vulnerable team we might face in the playoffs. I get Crosby and Malkin, but Fleury is a weak link no question about it.

#NOMOREKINDL

#460 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

I guess I'm in the minority in kind of liking the new format.

Don't Toews me, bro!