• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Ovechkin and ES

Rate this topic

I can't think of a team that would take him, his ego, and his contract in a trade. The only GM crazy enough to do it might be Snow.

There are definitely a lot more teams that would pull off a trade for him than not... elite goalscorer and the second most marketed player in the NHL...

Edited by anthonyn66

Guest Playmaker

I really don't think he cares that much about the C. If he did, his attitude would be much different. A leader doesn't pass the buck and point fingers at everyone else. Whether everyone else quit or not isn't the point. The Captain has to step up and say this is on me. When you lead, others follow. His piss poor attitude is probably infecting the whole team.

There are definitely a lot more teams that would pull off a trade for him than not... elite goalscorer and the second most marketed player in the NHL...

There are teams that would like him, but considering the cost to acquire him along with his cap hit; I don't think there are as many teams that could realistically make a trade for him.

There are teams that would like him, but considering the cost to acquire him along with his cap hit; I don't think there are as many teams that could realistically make a trade for him.

Guy will soon be Kovalchuk 2

Guest DeGraa55

Guy will soon be Kovalchuk 2

I'm still hoping he wants to come back to nhl and wants to play with dats again after the Olympics.

Guest Playmaker

I think Oates is just responding honestly to a question that was posed. Halak himself even told the media pretty much the same thing. Has he played well since being traded there? Sounds like his agent is trying to protect an asset. The more money Halak gets, the more money he gets. I can't say I've followed the situation really close, but the whole organization sounds like a total clusterf***. I think Oates was put into a really bad situation. Who knew Boudreau would come out of it looking like the sane one.

Ovechkin puts the Caps up 1-0 early in their tilt against the Blackhawks. Power play goal, from his sweet spot. #51 on the season.

You have to admire it. "I'm gonna stand right here, and I'm gonna score. You've got a pretty ok PK. Your goalie's pretty good. You and every hockey fan in the world knows what I'm doing. But none of that matters. I'm gonna score. From right here. *taps spot with stick blade* Right here. I'll even call for the puck for the whole two minutes - doesn't matter. You have no chance."