83 replies to this topic

#81 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:01 PM

Halak's agent 'bewildered' by Oates' remarks prior to Blues game [PHT]

I wonder if this doesn't have something to do with the fact that Halak is a pending UFA. Maybe Oates is trying to lower his value? Maybe the agent is trying to combat that?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#82 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

I think Oates is just responding honestly to a question that was posed.  Halak himself even told the media pretty much the same thing. Has he played well since being traded there? Sounds like his agent is trying to protect an asset.  The more money Halak gets, the more money he gets.  I can't say I've followed the situation really close, but the whole organization sounds like a total clusterf***.  I think Oates was put into a really bad situation.  Who knew Boudreau would come out of it looking like the sane one.

#83 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

I think Oates is just responding honestly to a question that was posed.

That's what he wants you to think!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#84 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

Ovechkin puts the Caps up 1-0 early in their tilt against the Blackhawks. Power play goal, from his sweet spot. #51 on the season.

You have to admire it. "I'm gonna stand right here, and I'm gonna score. You've got a pretty ok PK. Your goalie's pretty good. You and every hockey fan in the world knows what I'm doing. But none of that matters. I'm gonna score. From right here. *taps spot with stick blade* Right here. I'll even call for the puck for the whole two minutes - doesn't matter. You have no chance."

Don't Toews me, bro!