• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

That website is amazing. I favorited it and I don't even watch the Oilers. Something about the angry disappointment weeping between the words...

You sadist!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

I think the way Eakins incorrectly reacted to getting splashed with a bit of water sums up the train wreck that are the Oilers.

http://sports.nation...calgary-flames/

It was a total accident, he over reacts, acts as if someone dumped 10 gallons of water on him, benches his captain as a result, and then comes out in a new jacket after the intermission.  Give me a break diva... you got like 5 teaspons of water on you...

If your coach is acting like a little b*tch over something like this, imagine how that translates to the team compared to say the way a Roy acts with his team.  Both started out the same way this season (as last years losers) and now look.

Edited by LAWings, 31 March 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#23 rking72

rking72

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

I think if Old Man Wirtz didn't pass away the Hawks would still be trash similar to Edmonton.  They went from the worst owner in professional sports to a competent owner(his son) who hired good people. These people made some smart and daring moves.  Even when the signing of Hossa put them in cap hell, they won a cup, got under the cap, developed young role players and won the cup again in 3 yrs.

As much as I hate to say it as a Wings fan living in the Chicago area, the Hawks are very well run and will be good for many years to come.

#24 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, we mocked them mercilessly for "the core", but thanks to good management they've come out the other side, and could easily win another 1-2 cups in the next 5 years, much as it pains me to say that.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#25 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Too many of the same kind of player. All these number one picks, keep drafting the highest rated player rather than draft what they need. To this day I don't get why they drafted Yakupov. They should have drafted a Dman. 

That is just the problem with the team itself. Their management is an absolute mess. They need to start over right from the top. They have a lot of good players, and can quickly turn it around with the right people in charge. A few of the right trades and they are a much better team. It isn't like they don't have the assets. 

Jacob Trouba went in the 1st round to the Jets  :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.