• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

8 Legged RedWing

2014 Detroit Tigers Thread

Rate this topic

The Tigers ace is unquestionably Anibal Sanchez. Since his arrival in July 2012, he has a better ERA and FIP than both Scherzer and Verlander. Thankfully Max turned down what would have been an awful contract going forward for the Tigers and unfortunately Verlander appears to be massively overpaid already with his decline. Sanchez is extremely overlooked because of the other big names in the rotation, but nobody is more reliable to turn in a quality start.

I haven't seen a lot of Verlander recently, but something's just not quite right. I still believe that when he puts it all back together he'll get back to at least being a 3.2 ERA pitcher. Right now his FIP is 0.7 lower than his ERA, so it'll come down eventually. he just needs to string a couple together and get it together.

Getting David Price was great, but I can't help but feel that this team misses Austin Jackson. And they really need Verlander to start pitching like he did a couple years ago, because they can't keep throwing guys like Ray out there to get shelled every 5th day.

Massive payroll and haven't been able to put together even a decent bullpen for years. It's absolutely ridiculous the Tigers continue to fail in the playoffs with the starting pitching and offensive talent they have.

Ausmus blows, too. Dude is a worse version of Leyland and completely in over his head. I thought he would be more "non-traditional" as a manager, but he couldn't be more by the book.

Max has been gone since he turned down the Tigers offer before last season. Which I'm perfectly fine with because the last thing the Tigers need is another bloated contract for a starting pitcher.

I like the Cespedes deal quite a bit, but hate the Alfredo Simon trade. I would rather move Simon to the bullpen, have Greene the 4th starter and let Lobstein and company battle for the 5th spot in the rotation. Personally, I would have much preferred taking a one-year flyer on someone like Justin Masterson instead of trading for Simon to fill the Porcello void.

The Central is going to be very competitive next season. The Tigers are going to have their toughest test yet of winning the division.

Max has been gone since he turned down the Tigers offer before last season. Which I'm perfectly fine with because the last thing the Tigers need is another bloated contract for a starting pitcher.

I like the Cespedes deal quite a bit, but hate the Alfredo Simon trade. I would rather move Simon to the bullpen, have Greene the 4th starter and let Lobstein and company battle for the 5th spot in the rotation. Personally, I would have much preferred taking a one-year flyer on someone like Justin Masterson instead of trading for Simon to fill the Porcello void.

The Central is going to be very competitive next season. The Tigers are going to have their toughest test yet of winning the division.

I don't know much about greene, is he that good?