• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingsfan4life19

Ridiculous SO goal by Athanasiou

Rate this topic

Supposedly he's got Helm's speed but with better hands. He's also apparently quite strong on his skates with insane lower body strength. The biggest knock on him that I've read is that he doesn't play a team game and tends to try and do everything himself. Also, early on there were some questions about his attitude that seem to have been taken care of.

He's not scoring like Mantha or anything, but he definitely has top six upside and almost certainly top nine.

Edited by kipwinger

the kid finished 5th overall in the OHL scoring and 2nd in goals with 49.

I cant remember the last time the Wings had 2 legit scoring forwards at the same time coming thru the ranks.

Without Mantha tearing up the Q, we would all be drooling over AA's output this year, we have alot to look

forward to in the coming years.

Not scoring like Mantha? He went 49-46-95 in 65 games....that's pretty impressive.

Mantha - 57GP, 57-63-120

different leagues and the Q is a higher scoring league so it's hard to compare, but that's 25 more point and 12 less games. No point to compare, really, I just wanted to post mantha's totals because it's exciting to possibly have 2 goal scorers in the system

hmmmm.

I dont want to soil the video and say what he did.

but...

I think if he tried those types of moves in the nhl, it would become part of a general managers meeting like the spinorama move.

I dont think many goal tenders would take kindly to that move either.

I don't want to belabor the point...but I'm gonna. When you say he's not scoring like Mantha or anything..tht's like saying Andre Drummond isn't tall like Manute Bol or anything. Fine...Drummond isn't 7-5, but he is 7ft and that's really fricking tall. Maybe it's the "or anything" part that seems off. To me, 95 pts in an arguably tougher league is "anything"... :)

Whatever the case, they're both exciting prospects with top six potential.

That video is hilarious if you ignore the shooter and just watch the goalie. The goalie looks like hes just standing there daydreaming, and then just trips and falls down to his right.

While a neat move, the shootout goal would be a bit more impressive if the goalie didn't look like they just grabbed some random person off the street who never played or watched hockey before and dressed them and put them in goal, lol.

Edited by sleepwalker

I cannot even pronounce his last name, of course nothing new

Me neither, but going off his initials, it's anonymous :-\ I like our other AA prospect also, Adam Almquist, little guy but I think he has pretty good upside to his game if he can stay healthy. Like a Rafalski type player. Seems to get his shots/passes through from the point better than most ;-) Anyone else high on Adams game? I've only seen him a few times, but like what I saw...

Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan

I don't want to rehash the debate over here, but players like this, Frk and the likes of Pulkkinen along with the kids that we have on our team now are the reason Jarnkrok was able to be dealt for something we needed at the midnite hour. Sure, Calle was currently ranked ahead of AA and Frk and Pulk, but our management team is one of the best in the world. In 3 years, Calle may be putting up some great numbers in Nashville, but with our corps of talent that's gonna be in GR in the next couple, trust me, and trust them, you really aren't going to miss him any more than you missed what's his name that we traded for Lang...