• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/2 GDT - Bruins 2 at Red Wings 3

Rate this topic

13577431504_99a26f8b8e_o.jpg

Lines are considering the more likely event that Datsyuk does not return tonight, Friday sounds like a realistic expectation for his return. He has not been ruled out of tonight's game though, i'd be thrilled to have Pav back in the midst of our recent great play.

Starting goaltenders are unconfirmed, but very likely.

This will be a difficult game, I think we edge the Bruins 5-4 in OT. Glendening scores his first (this prediction is bound to come true, right?), Nyquist with a goal and a helper, Kronwall with a couple and Franzen with the GWG.

Lets go boys, the more we win now the better our chances continue to be to make it 23 years straight.

GO WINGS GO!!!

For some reason I'm not as nervous about this game as I could be, probably because we played really well over the weekend and beat Tampa in particular.

That said, this is going to be tough as hell, and if we get Datsyuk back, then awesome.

GO WINGS!

We play strong against the good teams, we're healthier. I think we can keep their scoring down, its just a matter of if our offense shows up other than Nyquist.

I'm not as worries as others. Boston doesnt dominate us and we took care if Pittsburgh the other week. They're just a team and they're due for a loss.

Boston always plays a very physical game against the DRW, hopefully we avoid injuries tonight, play solid defensively, and come away with the win.

And just my opinion, I hope Pav sits this game out and returns on Friday. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see him dress as much as anyone, but in his latest interview, he, himself, sounded slightly hesitant and cited his "sense of urgency" as his decision to return to the line-up. I just don't want him to rush his injury... the kids are holding down the fort, and I would rather see him return at 100%.

All I'm asking for is no more injuries and Pasha as much as I'd love having you back please sit out this game, it will be an ugly one regardless.

No way this team can go toe with Boston which isn't a shame, only a select few in the West can.

Thornton, McQuaid, Lucic and Chara...may god help us

Edited by frankgrimes

What happened to Alfredsson? Ugh Bertuzzi is in...this game is gonna be real difficult. Boston plays a tough puck possession game. Win tonight should give us some great confidence. Howard please wake up in the 3rd and play like this is a playoff game.

Nhl.com say Alfie has unspecified injury. He's looked like he's been laboring lately, like he's playing because he is "less" injured than the other vets.

I think Alfie sitting isn't a huge deal as he's been rather ineffective lately. I'd rather see Callahan in over Bert, but I don't think it's that huge of a difference.

Datsyuk and Alfie out? Awesome.

Saying "Datsyuk out" makes it sound like he hasn't been out for a long time and is ALMOST BACK.

I have a good feeling about this game. Or maybe it's just the feeling of finally playing a game that doesn't feel like a complete must-win. We're in a solid position, even with a loss tonight. And a win would to me feel like almost locking up a playoff spot.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I feel like if Alfie can play through fatigue and an injury for however long it's been, Datsyuk can at least play sheltered minutes tonight. Like, I'd totally get it if we didn't really have a timetable for his return, but we do, and it's a whopping two days from today. Is his knee ready to go or not?

meh. We'll blow the Bruins out of the water tonight then get shut out on Friday. This season is evil.