• Please log in to reply
751 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,838 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:11 AM

Some of you need to have a little faith.

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Datsyuk and Alfie out? Awesome.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

Nhl.com say Alfie has unspecified injury. He's looked like he's been laboring lately, like he's playing because he is "less" injured than the other vets.

I think Alfie sitting isn't a huge deal as he's been rather ineffective lately. I'd rather see Callahan in over Bert, but I don't think it's that huge of a difference.

#24 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Datsyuk and Alfie out? Awesome.

Saying "Datsyuk out" makes it sound like he hasn't been out for a long time and is ALMOST BACK. 

I have a good feeling about this game. Or maybe it's just the feeling of finally playing a game that doesn't feel like a complete must-win. We're in a solid position, even with a loss tonight. And a win would to me feel like almost locking up a playoff spot. 

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:35 AM

I probably shouldn't say this, but I feel like if Alfie can play through fatigue and an injury for however long it's been, Datsyuk can at least play sheltered minutes tonight. Like, I'd totally get it if we didn't really have a timetable for his return, but we do, and it's a whopping two days from today. Is his knee ready to go or not?

meh. We'll blow the Bruins out of the water tonight then get shut out on Friday. This season is evil.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

I probably shouldn't say this, but I feel like if Alfie can play through fatigue and an injury for however long it's been, Datsyuk can at least play sheltered minutes tonight. Like, I'd totally get it if we didn't really have a timetable for his return, but we do, and it's a whopping two days from today. Is his knee ready to go or not?

meh. We'll blow the Bruins out of the water tonight then get shut out on Friday. This season is evil.

According to Khan his knee is good, but now it's just a matter of conditioning. I'd say with another practice on thursday he'd be good to go friday.

temp 1

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:40 AM

Saying "Datsyuk out" makes it sound like he hasn't been out for a long time and is ALMOST BACK.

Could've worded it better, I guess. Point was, instead of definitely Alfie and quite possibly Datsyuk as well, we get neither. Because we can't have nice things this season.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

According to Khan his knee is good, but now it's just a matter of conditioning. I'd say with another practice on thursday he'd be good to go friday.

The petulant child in me feels like two hours of conditioning being the difference between playing and not playing is lame. But I get it.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#29 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

The petulant child in me feels like two hours of conditioning being the difference between playing and not playing is lame. But I get it.

It makes a huge difference. Especially against the bruins team. Dressing someone who can only play sheltered minutes against the bruins won't help because you need to be able to play everyone in order to beat them. Buffalo is the perfect opponent for pav to come back to.

#30 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

It makes a huge difference. Especially against the bruins team. Dressing someone who can only play sheltered minutes against the bruins won't help because you need to be able to play everyone in order to beat them. Buffalo is the perfect opponent for pav to come back to.

Yea I agree. It's better for Pav to come back in a game that potentially will be slightly easier. Although we shouldn't underestimate the Sabres, it'll be better for him to get another practice in there. 

temp 1

#31 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hoping for the W, but this is a Big mean Bruins outfit and have that 6-1 mauling on their minds the last time they visited the Joe.

I'd take the ot point here and now !! Go Wings. 

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#32 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

All I'm asking for is no more injuries and Pasha as much as I'd love having you back please sit out this game, it will be an ugly one regardless.

No way this team can go toe with Boston which isn't a shame, only a select few in the West can.

Thornton, McQuaid, Lucic and Chara...may god help us

FFS, we  hear this crap before every Boston game, and yet we've beaten them home and away this season.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#33 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

I probably shouldn't say this, but I feel like if Alfie can play through fatigue and an injury for however long it's been, Datsyuk can at least play sheltered minutes tonight.

My worry is that he comes back a touch too early. With the way the guys are playing I'd hate to loose him for the long haul then wait an extra game or two.

With Alfie out if love to see Pulkkinen up here too
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Agreed, Nev. The Boston phobia is excessive. We do just fine against them. Win some, lose some. Nothing to cower under the bed over.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#35 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

Did you forget you're posting on LGW?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#36 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Upset that I had to give up my tickets to this game, because I have the flu :bad:  (I think). I was really looking forward to some original 6 hockey.

#37 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

Thank you, with the amount of doom and gloom on here lately, you'd think Armageddon was upon us.
  • Nev likes this

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#38 scottishredwing

scottishredwing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

Its my 39th birthday today so Franzen with the hatty(#39 changed to #93) to gift everyone curly fries except me as i live in scotland lol.

Seriously any win would do.

Edited by scottishredwing, 02 April 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#39 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Its my 39th birthday today so Franzen with the hatty(#39 changed to #93) to gift everyone curly fries except me as i live in scotland lol.
Seriously any win would do.

Hey, happy b-day. Let's hope the Wings will give us all a present.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#40 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

I'll be happy with any points we get from this game. Big losses by both Clbs (OT loss) and Was (5-1 thrassssshing)