• Please log in to reply
751 replies to this topic

#741 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Nice freaking game boys! Without Z, Dats, Alfie this is an awesome with!!

Edited by 13dangledangle, 03 April 2014 - 07:45 AM.

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#742 WingedWheel91

WingedWheel91

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

I understand the concern but I would look at it like this - 

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Alfredsson did not play last night... Based on the teams current chemistry, those 3 will become our first line when all are healthy (fingers crossed) during the playoffs.

Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen who will be our second line and no longer playing against the toughest pairings/forwards on the opposing team (see Nyquist vs Chara every shift against Boston) which I cannot wait to finally see.

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco will become our third line instead of our second line and wont be counted on to score as much as they currently are - typically this type of exposure are where I believe younger players can really contribute. And finally, the best 4th line in hockey:

Abdelkader - Helm - Glendenning/Miller/Andy provides unbelievable speed and 3/4 of our penalty killers. This line can be used on the road as our shutdown line or at home against the other teams 4th (however Babcock sees fit)

All in all, you are not disrupting any lines, instead your basically acquiring a 1st line that consists of world class talent, who have made a career out of playing together. Add Alfredsson as a complimentary right handed shot and I honestly don't see how anyone is worrying about compromising the teams current chemistry.

#743 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:50 AM

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Alfredsson did not play last night... Based on the teams current chemistry, those 3 will become our first line when all are healthy (fingers crossed) during the playoffs.

Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen who will be our second line and no longer playing against the toughest pairings/forwards on the opposing team (see Nyquist vs Chara every shift against Boston) which I cannot wait to finally see.

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco will become our third line instead of our second line and wont be counted on to score as much as they currently are - typically this type of exposure are where I believe younger players can really contribute. And finally, the best 4th line in hockey:

Abdelkader - Helm - Glendenning/Miller/Andy provides unbelievable speed and 3/4 of our penalty killers. This line can be used on the road as our shutdown line or at home against the other teams 4th (however Babcock sees fit)

All in all, you are not disrupting any lines, instead your basically acquiring a 1st line that consists of world class talent, who have made a career out of playing together. Add Alfredsson as a complimentary right handed shot and I honestly don't see how anyone is worrying about compromising the teams current chemistry.

Those are my exact lines right there. I really really hope jurco doesn't come out because that kid line isn't the same when he's not in

#744 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

Anybody remember that time Ken Holland said that Nyquist was not going to be a "savior" or something like that?  I know what he meant and all, but how much more wrong could he have been?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#745 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,996 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Those are my exact lines right there. I really really hope jurco doesn't come out because that kid line isn't the same when he's not in

It's not the lines I'd be concerned about so much as the general "feel." Does Nyquist back off - whether consciously or unconsciously - because Datsyuk is back?

I mean, I'm not actually worried, mind you. I think we'll be more than fine.

Edited by Dabura, 03 April 2014 - 09:57 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#746 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:43 AM

Anybody remember that time Ken Holland said that Nyquist was not going to be a "savior" or something like that?  I know what he meant and all, but how much more wrong could he have been?

"Its a mens league"

Unfortunately I see Babcock forcing Bert into the lineup. I wouldnt be surprised to see him in for Jurco.

You know he was sitting up there pouting, getting a back rub and eating a big slice of cake on a paper plate to feed his depression. :lol:

And hopefully not winning the 50/50 again.

#747 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,996 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:52 AM

I had no issue with him saying that. He was protecting Nyquist, and he was calling it like he - and everone else - saw it. This kid was not going to be our savior. He was not going to score 30 goals. Not happening. No way.

On the other hand, he was also covering his own ass. He was saying this after having kept the kid in the minors for 20 games. He'd thought Cleary was valuable enough to bring back. How valuable was Cleary to us this season? He'd thought Samuelsson was worth investing in again. Quincey! What a home run Quincey's been! Etc. So, the whole "Well, understand: you people don't know what's what, but I do. I'm the GM" thing doesn't really endear him to you. And then he trades our best prospect because we definitely need another veteran (to be fair, we probably did. And Legwand has been good), and it's Tatar, Jurco, and Nyquist scoring last night, as the kids continue to carry the team on their collective back.

But whatever. I'm just happy we're winning!

Edited by Dabura, 03 April 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#748 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,552 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

"Its a mens league"

mUKKSwBdFYOX4gWr1Ed_oxw.jpg

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#749 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,996 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Y'know, even if we don't make the playoffs...these last couple weeks have been wild. Every game going down to the wire; Nyquist the "shooting star"; the kid line's heroics; Howard slowly but surely re-emerging; 0.4 seconds; Helm getting a hat trick; Glendening and Miller shutting down the likes of Crosby and Stamkos; Smith playing like a top-four defenseman; being David rather than Goliath (see: last night)...it's a crazy time to be a Red Wings fan.

One-year rebuild! w00t!

Don't Toews me, bro!

#750 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

hang up Nyquist's jersey at the Joe? too soon?

#751 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

It's not the lines I'd be concerned about so much as the general "feel." Does Nyquist back off - whether consciously or unconsciously - because Datsyuk is back?

I mean, I'm not actually worried, mind you. I think we'll be more than fine.

I'd like to think that Pav's return will actually push Gus to drive harder (if that's even possible). Gus knows he's the talk of the NHL right now, and I think he likes it. He most certainly deserves it.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#752 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:43 PM

Awesome game last night I love love games on nbcsn doc equals hockey for me I think he's clearly the best in the game minus Edzo I really do like Pierre as a color guy when it's just him and doc he tones his knowledge down and breaks down the game with the best of them Anyway awesome game last night!!
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!