• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BBD10

Detroit could be dangerous come playoff time...

Rate this topic

first off if anything, if z comes back, which i think he will be (hopefully no set backs) but anyways iff, he would/should be in better shape then he was during the first part of the season (and he was still great). He said during the interview something along the lines of its just a little sore now but it feels like a weight have been lift off his back. So whoever is saying he wont be 100% is bulls***, and also, pav obivously isnt rushing it, if so he would of been in today, and i think come playoff time he might be, he also might be about 80-90 %, he said his knee isnt the issue right now its his conditioning, he also said his knee feels alot better. So where do you guys get 60%?

Edited by ash11

The whole point of shutting Datsyuk and Z down was to get them 100% healthy. And the surgery Z had is supposed to do wonders. I think Z will come back midway through the first round.

That means if we steal the first game is two, he should be back in time to keep our opponents best players from getting a second wind. Letting us shut the opponent down to finish the series. Timing Is everything in the playoffs.

Boston is the best team in the East but Detroit is 3-1 against them this year. Does this mean Detroit can handle them in the playoffs? No. Like others have said the regular season means nothing in the playoffs. They are a completely different beast. Detroit can be a dangerous team. Every team in the playoffs is a dangerous team. The thing the Wings have going for them is that despite the struggles theyve had this season they always seem to play above there level against the better teams in the league. The problem this year is so many lost points to the lesser half teams. Regardless of if Pav or Hank come back the key to the Wings postseason is not either of them. Its all going to be on Howard. If he plays like he did the last month last season and the playoffs the WIngs can steal a round or two even without Pav and Hank.

Detroit has one very huge advantage over every team in the league and that is coaching. There is no doubt Babcock is the best coach in the league. Look what he's done for the kids this year. Look what he's done without his top goalie his captain, his best player, his best penalty killer, his best goal scorer, for long stretches this year. He should be coach of the year but he won't be. This guys hockey IQ gives the Wings an advantage over whomever they play in the playoffs.

Detroit has one very huge advantage over every team in the league and that is coaching. There is no doubt Babcock is the best coach in the league. Look what he's done for the kids this year. Look what he's done without his top goalie his captain, his best player, his best penalty killer, his best goal scorer, for long stretches this year. He should be coach of the year but he won't be. This guys hockey IQ gives the Wings an advantage over whomever they play in the playoffs.

i thought that was going to say...

Detroit has one very huge advantage over every team in the league and that is dan cleary

Datsyuk wont be at 100% at anytime this season, who knows about Zetterberg. And before anyone says Datsyuk at 60% is better than not at all, as true as that is, that wont get us past Boston or Pittsburgh.

I don't think Pav will be at 60%, sounds like 80-90%, fingers-crossed. After surgery Z probably won't be back until he's 100% healthy, and who knows if Weiss will be back at all. The one guy that will be extremely important is E, it will allow us to get Lashoff or Kindle out of the lineup.

Edited by wings87

I don't think Pav will be at 60%, sounds like 80-90%, fingers-crossed. After surgery Z probably won't be back until he's 100% healthy, and who knows if Weiss will be back at all. The one guy that will be extremely important is E, it will allow us to get Lashoff or Kindle out of the lineup.

Kindl preferred out... He's awful at least lashoff plays a simple game.

first off if anything, if z comes back, which i think he will be (hopefully no set backs) but anyways iff, he would/should be in better shape then he was during the first part of the season (and he was still great). He said during the interview something along the lines of its just a little sore now but it feels like a weight have been lift off his back. So whoever is saying he wont be 100% is bulls***, and also, pav obivously isnt rushing it, if so he would of been in today, and i think come playoff time he might be, he also might be about 80-90 %, he said his knee isnt the issue right now its his conditioning, he also said his knee feels alot better. So where do you guys get 60%?

I remember him saying his back was sore but it hasn't felt as good as it does now in years, or something like that. So once it's finished healing he should be unstoppable

I feel sad so many of you are so deluded. It couldn't be more pathetic if you thought Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy were going to help the Wings out. Boston or Pittsburgh will chew us up and spit us out like seeds in an orange. We are pathetic in D and goal and we will be utterly destroyed IF we even make it to the playoffs. Nobody is afraid of us. This is not being a bad fan, this is NOT being a homer and being a realist.

I feel sad so many of you are so deluded. It couldn't be more pathetic if you thought Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy were going to help the Wings out. Boston or Pittsburgh will chew us up and spit us out like seeds in an orange. We are pathetic in D and goal and we will be utterly destroyed IF we even make it to the playoffs. Nobody is afraid of us. This is not being a bad fan, this is NOT being a homer and being a realist.

Do you remember last year? I do. That doesn't make me deluded. I was much more scared of Anaheim last year than I am of 2014 Pittsburgh.

Do you remember last year? I do. That doesn't make me deluded. I was much more scared of Anaheim last year than I am of 2014 Pittsburgh.

I would say Detroit was better last year though, at least in goal and forward the defense is kind of a push. Flower is terrible, but he's also unpredictable, and he has the talent and the bipolar play necessary to be the game stealing goalie.

With Fluery, you really never know. I see him as one of the most talented goalies in the league, but he also has the potential to fall to levels that most goalies would not. He'll make absolutely unbelievable saves, but he might also let in a couple goals that leaves you wondering how that is even possible.

He has been great during the regular season, but you could say pretty much the same thing every year, so that won't help him in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh is obviously good, but we are an even match. We have the same strengths and weaknesses. The only team that is heads above anyone else in the East is Boston. It's the rest of the teams that worry me. Tampa, Montreal, etc. They're ripe for upsetting someone down the line.

Pittsburgh is obviously good, but we are an even match. We have the same strengths and weaknesses. The only team that is heads above anyone else in the East is Boston. It's the rest of the teams that worry me. Tampa, Montreal, etc. They're ripe for upsetting someone down the line.

You don't think Pittsburgh's defense is better than ours?

I would say Detroit was better last year though, at least in goal and forward the defense is kind of a push. Flower is terrible, but he's also unpredictable, and he has the talent and the bipolar play necessary to be the game stealing goalie.

I agree in the D and goal, though I do have hope that Howard will step up. But I actually like our forwards this year a bit more.

Their top two is, yeah, but they're both injured, aren't they?

I know letang and Martin have been cleared to play.

Yeah from what I understand they're going to be back for the playoffs. Giving them Letang, Martin, Orpik, Niskanen, and Maatta...(I have no idea who their sixth d-man is). That's a far and away better defensive corps than we're fielding, even when we're healthy.

Edit: Their sixth defenseman is Scuderi...I forgot. Yikes!

Edited by kipwinger

Yeah from what I understand they're going to be back for the playoffs. Giving them Letang, Martin, Orpik, Niskanen, and Maatta...(I have no idea who their sixth d-man is). That's a far and away better defensive corps than we're fielding, even when we're healthy.

I think PIT has better forwards, better defenseman and a goalie that could be better or worse, depending on what version shows up.

However, I think DET has better coaching and play a better system. That part can't be underestimated.

Actually I like almost any possible matchup in the East for some reasons, if we're halfway healthy. Shows you how much the East sucks - with that D of ours, even if everybody was on board, I stil wouldn't like our chances vs most West teams..

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke