• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

What is everyones second favorite team?

Rate this topic

of course we are here and love the wings. but what other teams do you like? I respect the other O6 teams, but I don't really like any of them. In fact hate most-history is a ***** sometimes.

as for me, I grew up in the 70's. While the wings were bad I grew up following.... the Islanders. In fact Billy Smith was one of my favorite players. Would have loved to see how he would have handled Hommer in his crease! Of course it is really hard to say you like the Islanders the last 20 years or so...... Yikes!

As for other teams, I do like the Yotes. Love watching Doan and Hanzel play and have a lot of respect for their coach.

so, how about you all?

Guest Playmaker

Should the Wings be eliminated from contention or early in the playoffs, I'd be cheering for Tampa Bay out of the East and Dallas (should they make it) from the West. Have family and friends in both the Dallas and TB areas, so that's mostly my reasoning. Now that Yzerman and Filppula are with TB, makes me root for them a bit more.

I really enjoy watching physical teams like the kings blues and bruins. Whether the wings are in or out I love watching playoff hockey. I go to plenty of islanders games as well I like the underdog team and they have a few of my favorite players

The Wild.

I get them on tv, so if the Wings aren't on, I tune in for the Wild games. Every time I've gone to see the Wings play, it's been vs the Wild since they're the only place nearby that I can get to without a passport.

Wild fans are generally the nicest people around. You can go to their place in full Wings gear and get treated like a welcomed guest. There may be some good-natured ribbing, but they're pretty knowledgeable (except for the loud ones online, but that's any team).

Plus they have a great anthem that is fun to sing along with, even if you're in Wings gear.

Now that the Wings are out of the west, the Wild are my team to root for in that conference.

Much like 55fan, if I had to select a team because I have seen them a lot locally, it would be the Winnipeg Jets, formerly the Atlanta Thrashers.

I lived in Atlanta from the start until the finish of their existence, got a lot of free tickets to the games, and lived 10 minutes from the training facility and went to see them practice frequently. They were on television for most of their games and at the time Detroit was in the West so they were the team I was rooting for in the East.

Like many here, I don't consider any team my "second favorite", however due to a number of factors (Detroit ties with Yzerman & Filppula, proximity) I watch a lot of Lightning games. If the Wings or Tampa are not playing on any given night, I don't even go to NHL.com let alone watch any games.

My entire Dad's side of the family are all either Wings or Bruins fans, dating back to my great Grandfather. No matter which team everyone likes, they always have a soft spot for the other, and it is no different for me. So I'd have to say my second fav is the Bruins.

I'm like most of the others here, it's all about the Red Wings. Been obsessed since I was 6 years old. Which coincidentally was the first year of our playoff streak (1990). There are some teams that I hate less than others. But it's hard to say that any team truly comes in 2nd for me. When Yzerman first got hired by the Bolts, I did sorta like them. But that came to a screeching halt this year now that we're in the same division. In all honesty, even though I hated them for years, the St. Louis Blues are a pretty fun team to watch. They have a good handful of players that I actually do like. Always been a Ryan Miller fan also. And obviously they don't share a division with us anymore...So yeah as weird as it sounds, if I absolutely had to name a 2nd favorite right now, it would be the Blues.

Usually it changes for me, because I like the way particular teams play the game and don't like the way others play. If the Wings got knocked out I'd probably pull for Columbus or St. Louis as they both play pretty hard defensive games. In years past I've always liked the way Phoenix plays and have pulled for them (when not playing us).