• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

What is everyones second favorite team?

Rate this topic

If the Wings aren't playing, my second and third favorite teams are automatically whoever is playing a great game at that moment.

As for the bigger picture, I suppose I tend to root for O6 teams not from Toronto or Chicago. I've got a real soft spot for the Habs. Outside of that, I'll tend to root for the Isles, Sabres or Tampa, although Tampa is only because of the Detroit connections -- not because I actually like the team.

You know what? I just like watching good hockey, no matter the team.

Guest Playmaker

Worst post of all time. If you are a true Red Wings fan there is no second favorite. As soon as the season is over you stop caring. No matter how much you like hockey.

This sounds like a 12 year old girl saying you can't like anyone else if I'm your BFF.

Detroit is my second favorite team now that y'all aren't in the same division anymore

After leaving Michigan I lived most of my life near Tampa and they were always my 2nd fav team. Me and my mom really like St Louis, Marty not the Blues,ewww;-) Then me and my wife moved to Nashville in '11 and I, of course, hated Preds. But now that we are in east I'm slowly becoming what I once thought was impossible, a pRed Wing fan :-\ gonna be fun watching Jones and Jarnkrok mature as players here in Smashville for years to come..

welcome to the preds wing club

welcome to the preds wing club

Thank you kind sir ;-) They been talking about firing Barry no neck Trotz hear on local radio, i really hope they keep him. He's doing best he can with what he's working with. Guarantee they'll be back in contention within a year or two. Weber and Jones are going to be best 1-2 D-men in the NHL ;-) Edited by MaynardJmzKeenan

When I was younger in the 90's, I always thought the Lightning was such a cool name, so I've followed them pretty much since they've been a team...and when NHL 96 came out for the Sega, I loved the music they'd play when you were the Kings, so those are my two others. Great story, I know

Since the Dallas Stars :evil::evil: just ended the Nashville Predators Season in a Stupid Shootout,i 'm officially jumping on the Detroit Red Wings Playoff Train

Welcome aboard the bandwagon hopefully you enjoy your stay. Sad to hear that but not surprisingly the Preds needed scoring help since almost forever.

I've always had the Stars as my second favorite team. Being an old timer, I remember the days of Bobby Smith, Bill Goldsworthy, Dino Ciccarelli, Cesare Maniago, Danny Grant, Derian Hatcher, etc., and rolled over my fandom (distinctly second to the Wings) when they moved to Dallas. Having Jim Nill over there hasn't hurt the connection, either.

Edited by NYC Wings Fanatic

Since the Dallas Stars :evil::evil: just ended the Nashville Predators Season in a Stupid Shootout,i 'm officially jumping on the Detroit Red Wings Playoff Train

I was pulling for the preds to pull it off, but you guys will do better next season...

A handful of damn good young talent with some experience under its belt, and (hopefully) a healthy pekka rinne.... You'll be tough for sure.

But until then, its good to have you on board.

Red Wings first and always.

However, being that I grew up in Pennsylvania and detest anything and everything s***zburgh, I always have liked the Flyers. Now that I live in Columbus, I really would like the CBJ to have some success so the franchise can grow here and the hockey environment stablizes so the kids can play the great game.

Obviously if either is playing the Wings I cheer for the Wings, but those 2 I don't mind seeing have success either.

Oh and F s***zburgh, s***cago, s*** Jose, LA Queens and anyone and anything associated with the Divealanche.

I don't know if I have a 2nd team now. When I was a kid in 1997, I adopted the Flyers as my 2nd favorite team after the Red Wings beat them in the Finals. I liked because of their name, uniforms, the fact that they were the team that the Red Wings beat in the Stanley Cup Finals, and I also liked their history of being the sort of big badasses of the NHL. I always thought of them as the NHL's Oakland Raiders.

These days, I tend to pull for the Original 6 teams to at least make the playoffs. There's nothing worse for the league and fans than having a bunch of small non-traditional market teams such as Anaheim and New Jersey in the Stanley Cup Finals every year. It's no wonder ratings were in the crapper during the early 2000s.

I also find myself pulling for the Blues during the playoffs since they have never won the Stanley Cup, and play in a great sports town that reminds me a lot of Detroit.

I don't watch Winnipeg but I want to see them do well.

Favorite teams to watch are the leafs (Love seeing them lose) and probably the Sens. If I had a second favorite team though I'd have to say Washington. Ever since the year Mike Green had like 500 goals in a season I've enjoyed watching them play.

Most hated teams:

Montreal

Boston

San Jose

PIT

I don't even mind Chicago :) We always seem to beat them and I loved watching Wings Vs Hawks game. It's really a shame we don't play them 8 times a year anymore

Edited by WingsallTheway